Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:58 pm
Stewche wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:26 pm
Interested in the EF hi mod. Could somebody tell me if the Rapha sticker can be removed? Seen photos without it so presume it is removable?
Yes it is removable. :thumbup:
Are all the color accents removable? (i.e. the white/grey on the downtube and rear triangle of black bikes)

Vivo66

by Vivo66

Well it's paint but it's technically removable?!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Yes, if you sand the frame down to bare carbon.

K3vinjam3s

by K3vinjam3s

So it seems that through total ignorance i didnt realise my 2020 supersix has frame clearance issues when using sram force axs 12 speed in the 10 tooth sprocket. With my current wheelset the issue isnt that bad but when ive tried a new wheelset i have no clearance at all.

I have searched this thread but not finding the info i need. I have the rim braked frameset and not the disc. Is this issue with all framesets? Would like some anecdotial experiences before i take the issue further with retailer.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

K3vinjam3s wrote:So it seems that through total ignorance i didnt realise my 2020 supersix has frame clearance issues when using sram force axs 12 speed in the 10 tooth sprocket. With my current wheelset the issue isnt that bad but when ive tried a new wheelset i have no clearance at all.

I have searched this thread but not finding the info i need. I have the rim braked frameset and not the disc. Is this issue with all framesets? Would like some anecdotial experiences before i take the issue further with retailer.
One of the posters above seemed to have an issue with clearance. I have had no issue with the stock wheels or with Zipp 303 FCs. Both of ours were disc models, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

I was kind of excited about the idea of trying 1x with the following:

-Hollowgram crank
-40t spidering
-XX1 chain
-Force 10-36 cassette

Then I remembered that this would all be a moot point if the bike weighed a reasonable amount and if I had confidence at all in the front shifting. Then I got pissed.

I really don’t want to spend more money on this bike. I’ve got a kid coming and I frankly can’t spend more money. I was thinking about trading it (but would take a big loss). Or I can, of course, ride it and be extra careful with the front shifts and stop if it drops a chain.

I’ve barely been able to ride it and I’m frustrated all around.

What would you guys suggest? Stick it out or trade? Or try to sell (I hate packing up bikes)?

nunokas

by nunokas

A bit porky but so joyful :thumbup:

Image.

macrooli

by macrooli

Bit of a lurker here but finally making my first post.

Size 54 Standard-Mod sitting bang on 7.6kg including the heavy magpeds, bottle cages and garmin mount. I think I've reached my limit on weight reduction and considering it started off at 9kg stock without pedals and mounts, I guess I should be happy with it.

Main noteworthy modifications:

Ultegra Di2 conversion from the stock 105
Absolute Black 48/32 Oval Rings
Quarq DZero PM
Quarq Crankset (the heavier D2 versions unfortunately)
Black Inc Handlebars
Black Inc Twenty wheels
Knot Carbon Seatpost
Berk Lupina Saddle (oh so comfortable!)
CeramicSpeed OSPW (honestly I haven't noticed any difference...)
CeramicSpeed BB PF30A DUB
XTR 12 speed chain (thanks to the suggestions from Dan Gerous)

FYI to anyone installing a CeramicSpeed DUB bottom bracket (not sure if it just applies to the PF30A version only). I had an issue installing Quarq Cranksets on the bike. The spindle needed to really be forced in which seemed strange so I contacted CeramicSpeed.

Turns out, there is a 1st generation and 2nd generation of the bottom bracket. The difference being that the 1st gen had tolerance issues with their dust caps. I've got an updated set of 2nd gen dustcaps on their way to me from Denkmark to Taiwan in 2 days taken care of by the warranty.
Attachments
IMG_0901.jpg

Prosper00

by Prosper00

nunokas wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:20 pm
A bit porky but so joyful :thumbup:

Image.
What a beautiful colour :o

cerro

by cerro

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:26 pm

-Hollowgram crank
-40t spidering
-XX1 chain
-Force 10-36 cassette

Then I remembered that this would all be a moot point if the bike weighed a reasonable amount and if I had confidence at all in the front shifting. Then I got pissed.

I really don’t want to spend more money on this bike. I’ve got a kid coming and I frankly can’t spend more money. I was thinking about trading it (but would take a big loss). Or I can, of course, ride it and be extra careful with the front shifts and stop if it drops a chain.

What would you guys suggest? Stick it out or trade? Or try to sell (I hate packing up bikes)?

You need a flattop chain to work with that cassette and a chainring working with the flattop chain. Different sized rollers.

I used a Force 10-33 or 10-26 cassette last year on my SS Evo with a Garbaruk chainring made for flattop and Force chain. Now got the same setup on my Factor. Never any issues and been really quiet too.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

LedZeppelin007 wrote:

-Hollowgram crank
-40t spidering
-XX1 chain
-Force 10-36 cassette

I understand your pain, as I recently went through a bad patch with the front shifting on my force group. I would say keep looking for mechanics/shops to try and fix it, it took me a couple of different helping hands to get the right setting, and I'm back in business. It certainly can be done, even if it's a very narrow window. Hope you get there though!
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

cerro wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

-Hollowgram crank
-40t spidering
-XX1 chain
-Force 10-36 cassette

You need a flattop chain to work with that cassette and a chainring working with the flattop chain. Different sized rollers.

I used a Force 10-33 or 10-26 cassette last year on my SS Evo with a Garbaruk chainring made for flattop and Force chain. Now got the same setup on my Factor. Never any issues and been really quiet too.
I would really like to use a Hollowgram crank. It seems to be what Dan Evans (former British Hill Climb champ) is doing. I thought you had to use a flattop chain with the AXS cassettes, but I don’t believe he is:

RDY

by RDY

AFAIK you can use an XTR chain just fine with AXS 12s cassettes. AXS chainrings need a flat top though - again AFAIK.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

You can mix and match almost anything, depending of your tolerance to how well things need to work. The different roller diameter of AXS chains and associated teeth profile will still work with non AXS chains but you may lose a little in terms of chain hold on the single ring and maybe lose a little durability from the chain and teeth not meshing to perfection.

That bike is Dan Evans' hill climb race bike and doesn't use it that often so he probably doesn't care if his drivetrain wears a little bit quicker so using a 12 speed chain with regular roller sizes will play well with the chainring, it may make his cassette wear slightly differently. But, his daily bikes have full standard AXS 2X setups and he doesn't keep his bikes for long anyway so I think he just doesn't care if it's not 100% perfect and if his chain or cassette wears out a little faster.

Stewche

by Stewche

Does anybody know if there are there any other stem / bar combinations that match / look okay with the new spacers? I’ve seen the faraports ones. I need 40cm bars but cannot find stock anywhere of the SAVE bars. My bike is being sent with 44cm which are too big for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com