Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

floriansantana

by floriansantana

DaiD wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:01 am
Hi mate, those figures all look pretty sensible to me [stock handlebar was 320g, stock saddle approx 275g]. I guess you could back-check your figures by adding up from the frameset upwards, rather than subtracting from the 8.23kg I measured. Might be even more accurate? Frameset plus headset/BB, then all the components you mention above, plus cables, bartape, bar ends....
Since I don’t know any exact weights I thought it’s better to start from a weight that I know someone has weighed and that was not just stated on a website.

For the sake of it I did some more calculating and I should even get under 7 with this build:

The EF bike shown in the photo on Instagram weighs 6,66kg with pedals and one cage. Rotor 3D+ is around 150g heavier than the SiSL2 crankset, the Hi-Mod frameset about 200g. So that would be around 7 kilos. Then I have a lighter wheelset (50g), a lighter stem and bar combo (100g) if I go for something traditional, lighter pedals (50g) and a lighter saddle (50g). And Sram Red Etap and DA Di2 Disc are roughly the same weight.

That would put the whole bike to around 6,8 kilos, right?

Is there anything I’m missing. That would be pretty neat to get under 7 kilos with the standard mod frame.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

The Instagram bike is running 40mm tubs IIRC. That’s a 1,100g odd wheelset. It’s also a 54cm I think.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

S6ED

by S6ED

ryanw wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:03 pm
The Instagram bike is running 40mm tubs IIRC. That’s a 1,100g odd wheelset. It’s also a 54cm I think.
According to a number of shops, Vision Metron 40 SL Tubular Disc Wheelset is 1330g and Vision Metron 55 SL Tubular Disc Wheelset is 1550g.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... 3%5D=20477
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vis ... prod164696

floriansantana

by floriansantana

ryanw wrote:
Vision Metron 40 SL Disc tubs weigh around 1500g, not sure where the 1100g come from.

https://www.bike24.com/p1307461.html
@floriansantana

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

S6ED wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm
ryanw wrote:
According to a number of shops, Vision Metron 40 SL Tubular Disc Wheelset is 1330g and Vision Metron 55 SL Tubular Disc Wheelset is 1550g.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... 3%5D=20477
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vis ... prod164696
Pretty sure the standard Metron 40 tubs you linked to have heavier hubs and spokes than the ones the pros have hand built for them. But 1100g is pretty low even for mid-depth tubs.
floriansantana wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 pm
ryanw wrote:
Vision Metron 40 SL Disc tubs weigh around 1500g, not sure where the 1100g come from.

https://www.bike24.com/p1307461.html
You linked to a clincher set. The stock metron tubs are 1330g with in-house hubs, non-bladed spokes and who knows what type of nopples. Can easily save 100-150g by just switching the above three components.

bet1216

by bet1216

refthimos wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 pm
US Cannondale rep also told me October for the frameset (so I don't think it will be a Europe-only offering). Yes on EF colorway, not sure if there will be a second option. No word on price and if front end will be included.
Well that is good news on the frameset. Usually the framesets aren't available in the US (not sure why). So the EF color is coming to the US?
Dang I guess I will have to wait. I was actually thinking of the getting the EF bike in Europe through a friend and having it shipped and building it up the way I want but if it's going to be available in a frameset in the US, then I guess the wait starts.

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

nemeseri wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:19 am
It's awesome to see all the excitement for the new supersix. But why would you pick this frameset over the disc s-works sl6 tarmac or cervelo r5 disc? Same weight and just as aero as the supersix without the Knot cockpit. Price seems to be very similar. So why would you go with the supersix?
eh...in what world is the S-Works frames the same as a SSEVO3? SWorks frames are $5k US, not expecting the SSEvo3 Team to be that expensive, especially since the Team Hi-Mod frame with Ultegra build is only a little more than $5k US (converting from UK pounds)

If they are the same, then it'll depend on colors, some of the Tarmac frames look awesome, but that EF Team frame is a thing of beauty
That said, if the Hi-Mod was only available with the Knot, I wouldn't bother. Not interested in riding a bike with a boat anchor up front

nemeseri

by nemeseri

bet1216 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:06 am
Well that is good news on the frameset. Usually the framesets aren't available in the US (not sure why). So the EF color is coming to the US?
Dang I guess I will have to wait. I was actually thinking of the getting the EF bike in Europe through a friend and having it shipped and building it up the way I want but if it's going to be available in a frameset in the US, then I guess the wait starts.
FYI, in the past 3 years they always had the frameset available through shops, but they never listed on the website. I'd reach out to a shop talk to them. I'll forever regret not buying a backup frameset 2 years ago. ;(

nemeseri

by nemeseri

sgtrobo wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:42 am
eh...in what world is the S-Works frames the same as a SSEVO3? SWorks frames are $5k US, not expecting the SSEvo3 Team to be that expensive, especially since the Team Hi-Mod frame with Ultegra build is only a little more than $5k US (converting from UK pounds)

If they are the same, then it'll depend on colors, some of the Tarmac frames look awesome, but that EF Team frame is a thing of beauty
That said, if the Hi-Mod was only available with the Knot, I wouldn't bother. Not interested in riding a bike with a boat anchor up front
While there is no frameset available currently, it will be probably 10-15% cheaper than the Tarmac SL6. On the other hand the new SS top of the line bike is actually more expensive than the tarmac so who knows.

sgtrobo

by sgtrobo

nemeseri wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 am
sgtrobo wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:42 am

While there is no frameset available currently, it will be probably 10-15% cheaper than the Tarmac SL6. On the other hand the new SS top of the line bike is actually more expensive than the tarmac so who knows.
If the Team EF is 10-15% cheaper than an S-Works (i.e. $4000-$4500), and they are the same weight, I'd have a tough time not going for the Team EF instead of the S-Works
Like I said though, the Ultegra build with the team EF is about what the S-Works frame alone tends to cost, so it might be up to %20-%25 cheaper

Having said that, I am damn sure engaging in some wishful thinking now :P
Ultimately, tough to say until we see the new Tarmac S-Works and the actual Team EF frame, once (if) it is available in the US.

sohn

by sohn

Hi all.

I've been following this thread since annoucement and finally picked up a rim brake Ultegra version of the Supersix Evo a couple of days ago.

Given that the rim brake version was £700 cheaper than the disc brake version, I thought the weight + money savings were outweighed the better braking performance (plus I prefer the traditional stem/bar look...)

The bike itself was surprisingly heavy however - weighing in at 8.14kg with bottle cages (56g for the pair) and Ultegra pedals (around 250g for the pair). I think this is due to the wheels, alloy seatpost, Prologo saddle, FSA chain rings + non-Hollowgram cranks and the stock alloy stem + handlebars.

So I'm planning to upgrade all of these parts to drop the weight over the next few months - any recommendations would be welcome.

Pic below.
Attachments
20190719_095914.jpg

oldmac

by oldmac

sohn wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi all.

I've been following this thread since annoucement and finally picked up a rim brake Ultegra version of the Supersix Evo a couple of days ago.

Given that the rim brake version was £700 cheaper than the disc brake version, I thought the weight + money savings were outweighed the better braking performance (plus I prefer the traditional stem/bar look...)

The bike itself was surprisingly heavy however - weighing in at 8.14kg with bottle cages (56g for the pair) and Ultegra pedals (around 250g for the pair). I think this is due to the wheels, alloy seatpost, Prologo saddle, FSA chain rings + non-Hollowgram cranks and the stock alloy stem + handlebars.

So I'm planning to upgrade all of these parts to drop the weight over the next few months - any recommendations would be welcome.

Pic below.
Take down the wheelset and make a measurement,I think the wheelset is heary, that should be the first part to be replaced. The alloy seatpost and 105 cassette would be the next things to be replaced. Then the C3 stem and bar. The SI crankset is not a too heary part,it's weight is just same as Shiamno UT crankset. The saddle,you can replace it with what you are using,save some money.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Interesting switchplate customization for those using mechanical shifting but wanting the hidden cable routing.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0GV6S-F4PH/
Attachments
66176868_157178278792007_3204646505100029079_n.jpg
66416934_449558592534479_5440728915669946753_n.jpg
66416305_330590427850874_6641475832007305731_n.jpg

Discodan

by Discodan

that’s very nice, assuming the bend isn’t too tight at the neck of the stem that would be a much more elegant solution. Are they commercially available or a one off? I wonder if 3D printing would be strong enough or would it need to be metal

edit: more info at the creators blog https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?b ... navType=tl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Just placed my order for the 105 Disc version and all the parts. Should all arrive by the weekend. :D
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com