Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

happylandings wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:16 pm
Hello all, has anyone ordered and received one of these internal cable stops for the Supersix? I'm having trouble translating and determining how to order. Thanks
https://m.blog.naver.com/mtbkim/221611972147
I don't think you can order it, he only sells them in the bike store he works at in Seoul if I recall. There is a guy in the UK that sells a similar kit online, I think someone posted the link somewhere in the previous pages.

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:14 pm
So my advice if you travel with a bike that's worth the trouble to bring along: never put it in a soft bag if you travel by plane.
:exactly:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

S6ED

by S6ED

takos03 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 am
SuperSix Evo HM Replica 51 Frame 7.2kG
Buildlist:
Frame: Standard EVO HM Frameset in 51
Accessoires: Cannondale Headset and BB
Axles: Cannondale Quickrelease
Seatpost: Cannondale Carbon Save Seatpost
Cockpit: 3T Ergonova Team
Bartape: Supacaz
Wheels: Hollowgram 35
Tires: Schwalbe Pro One with Tubolito S-Road´s
Saddle: Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow S3
Groupset: Shimano 8070
Chain: Shimano HG701
Rotor: 2x140mm Shimano MT900
Powermeter: P2M NG Rotor 3D+ with 53-38 Q Rings
Bottlecages: 2x Supacaz
Pedals: Speedplay

New integrated barstem is on the search with some tubular 50mm wheels.
Maybay I will put back the stock Si Hollowgram 52-36 cranks with Stages Powemeter to save some weight as the Rotor is quite heavy.
Any suggestions are welcomed.
Endless possibilities, here's some suggestions:

Bar tape: Deda (the cheap one for about €10 + use the extra light end caps included). Probably the lightest around and with a nice feel.

Saddle: San Marco Aspide Superleggera (mine is 104g. with normal padding, very comfortable and durable). But you already have a fairly light one.

Tyres & inner tubes: Hutchinson Fusion 5 Galactik tubeless or Mavic Yksion Pro UST (245g, also made in France by Hutchinson) - very light (even when you include 30ml sealant per tyre), grippy and reliable.

Chain: Shimano Dura Ace CN-HG901 to save another 10g

Titanium stem bolts: you may save another 12g or so, if I remember correctly.

req110

by req110

XxNj9KLfrwUhE_3cxa0WWRpmw3f5Q2w1Z6baFsbN0yk-2048x2045.jpg
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:19 pm
happylandings wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:16 pm
Hello all, has anyone ordered and received one of these internal cable stops for the Supersix? I'm having trouble translating and determining how to order. Thanks
https://m.blog.naver.com/mtbkim/221611972147
I don't think you can order it, he only sells them in the bike store he works at in Seoul if I recall. There is a guy in the UK that sells a similar kit online, I think someone posted the link somewhere in the previous pages.
Here you are: https://www.soigneur.co.uk/online-store/cannondalemgik
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

dmason

by dmason

Any idea when we will be seeing the 2021 US available colors and pricing?

chrispino

by chrispino

I've heard mixed things about using PF30 BB's on PF30a frames.

Does anyone know if the Ceramic Speed PF30 BB will work on this bike?

S6ED

by S6ED

chrispino wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:37 pm
I've heard mixed things about using PF30 BB's on PF30a frames.

Does anyone know if the Ceramic Speed PF30 BB will work on this bike?
What do you mean by "using PF30 BB's on PF30a frames"?

PF30A is just an asymmetrical 73mm BB (one side is wider by 5mm off axis) instead of a symmetrical 68mm BB. On my Evo it's been working extra fine for the last 30,000 km.

All the above has to do with the construction/geometry of the frame, the actual BB assembly (namely the pressfit cups, the bearings and the plastic protective sleeve) is exactly the same and can be fitted to PF30 and PF30a frames given that the sleeve is of variable width.

I don't see the benefit in installing the Ceramic Speed PF30 BB. The one that comes with the bike is as good, I believe. At some point I had the impression that one bearing was somewhat gritty, which I could only tell because I disassmbled the BB for routine maintenance and spun the bearings with my fingers. While cycling or even spinning the cranks by hand it was impossible to notice anything. So I replaced just the stock FSA bearings with SKF bearings (about €60 for the set) and kept the original PF aluminium cups. Smooth as buttah!
Last edited by S6ED on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chrispino

by chrispino

That was my thoughts as well, but having never owned a PF30a frame I was just double checking.

I would never buy a Ceramic Speed BB but I have a frameset on the way sans BB and was given the CS BB so I might as well throw in on this frame.

Thanks for clearing things up!

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I installed a Ceramic Speed BB in a friend's PF30a frame once (he was given it for free as well), worked fine. I think they come with two different center sleeves to provide a range of adjustability for different frame widths. If you already have it, look what sleeves you have, the width range is marked on each.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Regular inboard pf30 bb usually can be used on pf30a bottom bracket.
From there, you use different dust cap/crank spacers on the left side to take care of 5mm extra width vs pf30/bb30 bb.

The problem can arise when that pf30 bb is not an inboard pf30 bb. Say, if it is a pf30 bb that sit outboard to use bb386 crank without spacers or pf30 to Shimano HT2 bb. Then after the installation, your bb width will be wrong (too wide) and you don't have any spacers to remove from the left side.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Having changed my crank after 1 ride as it thought it was contributing to a creaking noise, realised it was the seatpost, so SISL2 going back on.

Done some googling and it appears as though the seat clamp and Aluminium post don’t play nicely together. Having checked the 2021 specs, Cannondale must be aware as all bikes now come with the Knot 27 carbon.

My task now is to get cannondale to warranty the Aluminium one. It might also explain why the carbon seatposts are in short supply...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hannawald

by hannawald

Carbon seatposts are sold out for months..Cannondale creaks with both carbon and alu seatposts..it is in the clamp not the seatpost..hopefully they find some solution..

Wenne

by Wenne

Cannondale is supposed to make a new clamp !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Wenne wrote:Cannondale is supposed to make a new clamp !!!
Fingers crossed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk