Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

req110
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:23 am

by req110

Nice weight, what about these tires, aren't they too vulnerable?

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



erikfranssen
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:29 pm

by erikfranssen

Stunning bike, wish I'd had one!

Oh, that's right, I'm getting the same one 😬, but a SRAM AXS version (which I will post when it's ready).

I think this is the lightest SS Evo disc to date! Not seen a lighter version so far on WW or elsewhere...

dnb72
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:01 pm

by dnb72

Not as light as TDA's but here's my rebuilt formally 105 supersix now with ultegra di2 now it's done Comes in a 7.7 with the knot 45's will probably be more like 7.3 when I try in with my feder climbing wheels. Pretty happy with the weight given I've switched from a light cockpit (vision trimax 4d + cinelli neos stem) to the knot cockpit, however much happier with how it looks now and it noticably more comfortable at the frontend, although it's not quite as stiff. Bike definitely feels faster now and the combo of di2, xtr 12 speed chain and wax has resulted in a near silent chain and having to get used to silent shifts!

I've also tweaked my position a bit and will echo what a few people have said previously, the bike definitely handles better with you further forwards, previously I've found the knot 45's too twitchy and affected by wind very easily, not had any issues since the position change, even in 40kmph winds today.
PXL_20210402_161335277.MP.jpg
PXL_20210402_161339918.jpg

TDA
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 am

by TDA

req110 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:05 am
Nice weight, what about these tires, aren't they too vulnerable?
Well, there are more durable tires of course. But last year I did 4000km on these without any flats. Never used Turbolito's before, curious how these will hold up..

User avatar
Dan Gerous
Posts: 2299
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm

by Dan Gerous

TDA wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:49 pm
req110 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:05 am
Nice weight, what about these tires, aren't they too vulnerable?
Well, there are more durable tires of course. But last year I did 4000km on these without any flats. Never used Turbolito's before, curious how these will hold up..
Very nice build, great weight. :thumbup:

Tubolitos seem to be touch and go, I have a friend using them, never had any problem, not very reliable for others, they might be one of those products with manufacturing tolerances all over the place, bad batches, good ones. :noidea:

I'm curious since you re-painted the frame... why did you keep the ugly UCI sticker and put back the bar code one? Personally any warning, sizing, made in ____ stickers go in the first 10 seconds of ownership but the damn UCI extortion program sticker is under the clearcoat and it's in a place that is sooo noticable, annoys the hell out of me so, because my frame is all black, I put a plain black sticker over it! :lol:

rides4beer
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 am
Location: SC

by rides4beer

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:23 pm
I'm curious since you re-painted the frame... why did you keep the ugly UCI sticker and put back the bar code one? Personally any warning, sizing, made in ____ stickers go in the first 10 seconds of ownership but the damn UCI extortion program sticker is under the clearcoat and it's in a place that is sooo noticable, annoys the hell out of me so, because my frame is all black, I put a plain black sticker over it! :lol:
Same, very first thing I did to the bike was take off every sticker that wasn't under the clearcoat (stuck them all to the warranty card so I have them if I need the numbers). :thumbup:

TDA
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 am

by TDA

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:23 pm
TDA wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:49 pm
req110 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:05 am
Nice weight, what about these tires, aren't they too vulnerable?
Well, there are more durable tires of course. But last year I did 4000km on these without any flats. Never used Turbolito's before, curious how these will hold up..
Very nice build, great weight. :thumbup:

Tubolitos seem to be touch and go, I have a friend using them, never had any problem, not very reliable for others, they might be one of those products with manufacturing tolerances all over the place, bad batches, good ones. :noidea:

I'm curious since you re-painted the frame... why did you keep the ugly UCI sticker and put back the bar code one? Personally any warning, sizing, made in ____ stickers go in the first 10 seconds of ownership but the damn UCI extortion program sticker is under the clearcoat and it's in a place that is sooo noticable, annoys the hell out of me so, because my frame is all black, I put a plain black sticker over it! :lol:
Thanks! Did the first 150km with the Turbolito's yesterday, so far so good🙏🏻

Regarding the color: it's not repainted, it's a new (frame only) color from Cannondale called chameleon. Still have to remove the sizing sticker and good idea to cover that UCI logo👌

User avatar
Dan Gerous
Posts: 2299
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm

by Dan Gerous

TDA wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:49 am
Regarding the color: it's not repainted, it's a new (frame only) color from Cannondale called chameleon. Still have to remove the sizing sticker and good idea to cover that UCI logo👌
Haaa makes sense, I had not seen this colorway before.

floriansantana
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:57 pm

by floriansantana

TDA wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:49 am
Thanks! Did the first 150km with the Turbolito's yesterday, so far so good🙏🏻

Regarding the color: it's not repainted, it's a new (frame only) color from Cannondale called chameleon. Still have to remove the sizing sticker and good idea to cover that UCI logo👌
Talking about size: Is this a size 56? If so, I now know which headset bearings to order for my SuperSix.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

TDA
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 am

by TDA

floriansantana wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:29 pm
TDA wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:49 am
Thanks! Did the first 150km with the Turbolito's yesterday, so far so good🙏🏻

Regarding the color: it's not repainted, it's a new (frame only) color from Cannondale called chameleon. Still have to remove the sizing sticker and good idea to cover that UCI logo👌


Talking about size: Is this a size 56? If so, I now know which headset bearings to order for my SuperSix.
Yes it's a 56. Lower bearing came with the frame, couldn't find a lighter bearing so far.

lucianoz
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 2:38 pm

by lucianoz

Hey guys, does anyone solvedthe seatpost creak noise?
I have been doing that the assemble manual says with the 3M double sided tape, but 2 or 3 weeks later the noise returns.

Vivo66
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:16 am

by Vivo66

Proud owner of a new Supersix here, just picked up a discounted size 54 2020 rim brake version, seemingly the last availabke in the UK. The red colour looks quite different to pics online, really poppy and flouro. Bike was 8.1kg out of the box but I plan taking it down to 6.8kg with a few choice upgrades.
It rides really nicely, rocket ship quick and more comfortable than my old 2016 Supersix. Very happy so far. Planned build below.
Attachments
20210405_150220.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-102357_Sheets.jpg

cezinho
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:13 pm

by cezinho

Hi ,is this a 2021 colour scheme or earlier?
Attachments
tempImagerkPvYk.gif
tempImageEwHuo7.gif

hannawald
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic

by hannawald

cezinho wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 pm
Hi ,is this a 2021 colour scheme or earlier?
I am sure this would be less than 1 min google, but ok:) here you are, it is 2020.

cezinho
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:13 pm

by cezinho

hannawald wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm
cezinho wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 pm
Hi ,is this a 2021 colour scheme or earlier?
I am sure this would be less than 1 min google, but ok:) here you are, it is 2020.
Thanks and sorry for that...
t

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply