Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LiKuid

by LiKuid

BagelMaster wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 pm
Just for reference, I saw some mentions of the Robert Axle Project axles. My Cannondale came stock with DTSwiss axles whch weigh in at:

Front: 51.5g
Rear: 62.1g

The Robert Axles Project Axles weigh in at:

Front: 26.5g
Rear: 35.8g

So 51.3g saved. I mostly replaced the stock thru-axles because I get particularly annoyed at the double-lead-in thread. More often than not I end up having to wrangle with the thru-axle because it always wants to end up somewhere around 6 o'clock, which looks stupid to me. It's mostly just aesthetics, but it considering discs are less aerodynamic, at least the RAP thru-axle will be a little more aero than just having it flaccid.
After this, i ordered a set of RAP for my 2019 SS EVO. I studied the stock axles to make sure that i order the correct item but didnt think of weighing them first. Axles arrived today. Turns out my stock axles(probably different than Bagelmaster's) weigh a total of 71gr. RAP ones, weigh 63gr as advertised. A bit dissapointed as i was counting on these 50gr savings on my quest for a sub7 bike. Will have to look elsewhere now :twisted:
Attachments
A6BEFC7C-B8BF-49FE-A23F-44BD1BAC9B76.jpeg
EFB41517-9F48-4F87-8714-A4A8602B019E.jpeg

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 am
Bottom bearings are different, the IS47 used on the 54cm and smaller bikes are integrated, for 1 1/4", 45° seat angle but I had a quick look around and the 56cm and up are 1 3/8" at the lower bearing, so they probably are IS49 by Cane Creek's Standardized Headset Identification System (see table 2) as that's what the larger Synapse frames also use for the lower bearing. IS52 is too big, it's for 1 1/2" steerers.
Hi Dan,

Sorry to bother you again, but I can’t quite source the correct headset for my size 56 SuperSix Evo.
This one should probably work as a upper bearing, right? https://www.bike24.at/p1213505.html

But I can’t find a fitting bottom bearing (IS49) as you said. Is there a chance it might be a different bearing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

floriansantana wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:39 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Bottom bearings are different, the IS47 used on the 54cm and smaller bikes are integrated, for 1 1/4", 45° seat angle but I had a quick look around and the 56cm and up are 1 3/8" at the lower bearing, so they probably are IS49 by Cane Creek's Standardized Headset Identification System (see table 2) as that's what the larger Synapse frames also use for the lower bearing. IS52 is too big, it's for 1 1/2" steerers.
Hi Dan,

Sorry to bother you again, but I can’t quite source the correct headset for my size 56 SuperSix Evo.
This one should probably work as a upper bearing, right? https://www.bike24.at/p1213505.html

But I can’t find a fitting bottom bearing (IS49) as you said. Is there a chance it might be a different bearing?

That bike24 link is confusing, they say IS41 but that fits IS42, but IS41 and IS42 have slightly different measurments, dIfferent depths and diameters, but maybe they're close enough and can be used with a different compression ring? But this one looks right: https://www.bike24.at/p1315833.html

For the bottom, sorry I don't know much more than that, I never had to source a 1 3/8" headset bearing...

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 am
floriansantana wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
Hi Dan,

That bike24 link is confusing, they say IS41 but that fits IS42, but IS41 and IS42 have slightly different measurments, dIfferent depths and diameters, but maybe they're close enough and can be used with a different compression ring? But this one looks right: https://www.bike24.at/p1315833.html

For the bottom, sorry I don't know much more than that, I never had to source a 1 3/8" headset bearing...

Thanks Dan for helping out. It’s really not easy to find a 1 3/8“ headset bearing. Seems to be the unicorn of all bearings.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

caballero

by caballero

anyone know the torque reccomendation for the disc caliper bolts at the fork/rear ? just follow shimanos spec ?

hannawald

by hannawald

caballero wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:14 am
anyone know the torque reccomendation for the disc caliper bolts at the fork/rear ? just follow shimanos spec ?
I follow Shimano specs, 7NM if I recall correctly.

AirTomac

by AirTomac

floriansantana wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 am
floriansantana wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thanks Dan for helping out. It’s really not easy to find a 1 3/8“ headset bearing. Seems to be the unicorn of all bearings.
Is this the one you're looking for?
https://www.cannondale-parts.de/epages/ ... cts/K35038

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Happy Days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

That looks too deep to be Supersix's seatpost though. Looks more like Systemsix's seatpost.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Agreed - insta said coming soon so just a placeholder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDA

by TDA

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:15 pm
Rougesim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:06 pm
Can anyone please tell me what spacers are required on the hollowgram chainset for 2020 SS EVO?
Drive side 2.6mm?
Any on the non drive?

Cheers
One is marked for the drive side (it's the squarer one) so you need that one. Then there are two different ones for the non-drive-side (tapered shapes), the wider one is for older BB30/PF30 frames with 68mm wide BB shells but the Evo is PF30a (73mm wide sheel) so you need the narrower one marked BB30a/PF30a. Then non-drive-side you'll use the usual wave washer and thin shims to adjust bearing preload.
Hi guys, it seems you have knowledge about the the Hollowgram crankset. I have a question and hope you can help... I bought a SISL2 crank set which I installed on my new SuperSix Evo Hi-mod frame. I followed the instructions and used the spacers for the 73mm BB. I used 3 washers and the preload ring is slightly pressed but I can still move the crankset. When I push on the left crank it moves approx 2mm. I can now add another shim which might solve the issue but the instructions say that I need "1 till 3 shims". Any thougs? Thanks

TDA

by TDA

Attached a picture from the current situation...

I'll post more pictures when she is ready. It's a SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod with Chameleon paint. Aiming for sub 6... :-)
Attachments
Cannondale1.jpg

dnb72

by dnb72

TDA wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:48 am
Attached a picture from the current situation...

I'll post more pictures when she is ready. It's a SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod with Chameleon paint. Aiming for sub 6... :-)
That doesn't look right, stupd question but what does the drive side look like? I assume you've got the 2.5 spacer on there?

Paint looks great btw...

TDA

by TDA

Thanks for the comment! Yes the drive side has the 2.5mm spacer and then the bearing shield. The wave washer is slightly pressed but I have the feeling that it needs more compression. The only way is adding an extra shim I guess, but there are already 3 shims in between... Thanks again!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TDA

by TDA

Thanks for the comment! Yes the drive side has the 2.5mm spacer and then the bearing shield. The wave washer is slightly pressed but I have the feeling that it needs more compression. The only way is adding an extra shim I guess, but there are already 3 shims in between... Thanks again!