Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Cannondale was kind of vague. They didnt specify what the full extent was. If it was only certain sizes or all sizes. I put an 11 speed wheel in, and it fit, closer than on the other frame it came from, but no rub with 11 speed on the SSEVO. It looks like this relates to 12 speed only. But the fact that it works for 11 speed doesn't make it right either. My guess is they are in the early stages of it being a recall in full. Or they will let the customer decide and say "if you are running 11 speed keep it since its fine." But then you'll have 2 versions of the frame floating around, and when used sales come up you wont know which is which unless confirming MFG date or that it's already built with 12 speed and spacing is correct. Overall, not great. MFG problems do occur, but should have been caught before releasing to public. Cannondale even specs the force build on the non-himod verson stock, so those in theory all should've been cuaght too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wenne

by Wenne

Hub wide difference ?

flashpunk

by flashpunk

So this is what I got back from Cannondale:
Our 2020 Super Six lineup featured some of the coolest colorways we’ve ever produced. The Super Six Force AXS was the only bike in the lineup painted in white. Due to the covering properties of the color, it takes more layers of paint to achieve this coverage, thus creating some tight tolerances in the final gearing. AXS cassettes also feature a flush edge with the end of the cassette and have no “locking” such as styled on Shimano cassettes. These two factors together are seeming to couple, and make for a snug fit. Having checked with our product teams, the clearance on this, while tight, is enough. This being said, should the chain contact the frame in 10t under load, the wear will only rub the first layer of paint through. There will be no penalty on our side for warranty in the rare case you experience any issues with your Super Six in the future. Should this contact and create a larger wear (judging based off photo, it is enough clearance), please work with your local BIKE SHOP NAME and we’d be more than happy to help!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

flashpunk wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:03 pm
So this is what I got back from Cannondale:
Our 2020 Super Six lineup featured some of the coolest colorways we’ve ever produced. The Super Six Force AXS was the only bike in the lineup painted in white. Due to the covering properties of the color, it takes more layers of paint to achieve this coverage, thus creating some tight tolerances in the final gearing. AXS cassettes also feature a flush edge with the end of the cassette and have no “locking” such as styled on Shimano cassettes. These two factors together are seeming to couple, and make for a snug fit. Having checked with our product teams, the clearance on this, while tight, is enough. This being said, should the chain contact the frame in 10t under load, the wear will only rub the first layer of paint through. There will be no penalty on our side for warranty in the rare case you experience any issues with your Super Six in the future. Should this contact and create a larger wear (judging based off photo, it is enough clearance), please work with your local BIKE SHOP NAME and we’d be more than happy to help!

Lmao. Get the f out of here, Cannondale.

C36

by C36

flashpunk wrote:So this is what I got back from Cannondale:
What a crap justification... sorry not acceptable, not even remotely close from being acceptable...

——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

kgt

by kgt

Pure BS. It is frustrating what kind of excuses these companies find in order to cover their inferior manufacturing quality and absolute lack of QC. On the other hand they tell the truth: their cool colorway is the only nice thing they can offer.

Wenne

by Wenne

I think the length of the hubs is different...

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Wenne wrote:I think the length of the hubs is different...
Maybe, but I doubt it, XDR Has been around for a while now and I can't say I've heard about this before, maybe others have?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Wenne wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:53 pm
I think the length of the hubs is different...

The hubs are the same width. The last cog sits a little over a millimeter farther out.

Archie100

by Archie100

Sorry for switching topic from hub problem above but I was wondering if there are any new Supersix Evo High Mod owners that can compare the ride with an Emonda SLR disc? I was about to buy a Supersix Evo High Mod but got a great deal on a new Emonda SLR 8 Disc mechanical dura ace. After a few weeks on the Emonda (coming from a Synapse), I'm finding the front end of the Emonda very harsh on poor tarmac roads even on 28mm tubeless tyres at 70psi. I was wondering if the new Supersix would be more compliant than the Emonda SLR. The Emonda is great on the hills but I don't think I can put up with the pains in my wrists after a few hours on a mix of good and bad tarmac. I can't get hold of a size 58 Supersix in stock anywhere near me to try out so I was hoping someone on this thread might have experience of both and let me know what they think. Thanks.

Rougesim

by Rougesim

Build 90% complete!
Steerer cut and power meter to be fitted.
Cheers for the help guys 👍
Attachments
3475418E-3F3D-4053-AF25-4E4063BFE88C.jpeg
302E5149-0DF5-447D-9E37-C9BCD813DCF6.jpeg
8D7162E5-B090-4F68-9112-173F4480CA23.jpeg

S6ED

by S6ED

Archie100 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:53 pm
Sorry for switching topic from hub problem above but I was wondering if there are any new Supersix Evo High Mod owners that can compare the ride with an Emonda SLR disc? I was about to buy a Supersix Evo High Mod but got a great deal on a new Emonda SLR 8 Disc mechanical dura ace. After a few weeks on the Emonda (coming from a Synapse), I'm finding the front end of the Emonda very harsh on poor tarmac roads even on 28mm tubeless tyres at 70psi. I was wondering if the new Supersix would be more compliant than the Emonda SLR. The Emonda is great on the hills but I don't think I can put up with the pains in my wrists after a few hours on a mix of good and bad tarmac. I can't get hold of a size 58 Supersix in stock anywhere near me to try out so I was hoping someone on this thread might have experience of both and let me know what they think. Thanks.
Only buy Cannondale bikes! :smartass:

S6ED

by S6ED

Last edited by S6ED on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S6ED

by S6ED

Rougesim wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Build 90% complete!
Steerer cut and power meter to be fitted.
Cheers for the help guys 👍
Very nice!

Do the brake hoses go through the stem and then through the top cap into the head tube?

What brand is this stem/bar combo?

S6ED

by S6ED

kgt wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:55 am
These are issues that the happy customer rarely perceives, until something happens or someone tells them. The fact is that these frames should have never passed QC.
In the case of Cannondale... maybe hambini is not biased after all.
Hambini is very biased. I'd take his rants with a big grain of salt.
Last edited by S6ED on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com