Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

DaiD wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:37 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 pm
S6ED wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Your plan looks good. You could also consider these super light thru axles

https://robertaxleproject.com/product/l ... d-release/
https://robertaxleproject.com/product/l ... d-release/
Since the SuperSix seems to come with thru-axles without skewer the weight saving might not be worth it. I bought them for my Systemsix and saved about 50g, but those SystemSix thru-axles seem to be a lot heavier than those fitted on the SuperSix.
The Robert Axles are still lighter but not by much, around 20gr total over the Evo's stock axles if I recall.
How much do those axles weigh? I haven't weighed both the supplied ones but they don't seem too bad.

Good news though - just picked up the now-slammed SS yay! There's a bit more weight-loss from the cut steerer tube and 50mm of hose/mineral oil removed. But the big win was swapping the handlebar - my Zipp aerobar is 242g, the stock Cannondale alloy one is 320g. A nice surprise saving of 78g :thumbup:
Double checked, stock axles are 30/40gr, Robert Axles are claimed 26/36gr... so not much of a saving and the stock ones have the Speed Release notch so they don't need to come completely out to remove the wheels off the bike, I'd keep the stock ones.

We need pictures now! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

sgtrobo wrote:
S6ED wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:16 pm
sgtrobo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:50 pm

do you know the difference in weight between an Si and an SiSL2?
https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/componen ... set-p15389

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/componen ... set-p15393

According to Triton Cycles, 602 grams (52/36T) and 494 grams (52/36T) respectively.

bloody hell. £450 for 108 grams????
Buy them off eBay. If you’re paying £450 and not getting a power meter out of the deal, you’re doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floriansantana

by floriansantana

DaiD wrote:
Good news though - just picked up the now-slammed SS yay! There's a bit more weight-loss from the cut steerer tube and 50mm of hose/mineral oil removed. But the big win was swapping the handlebar - my Zipp aerobar is 242g, the stock Cannondale alloy one is 320g. A nice surprise saving of 78g :thumbup:
Show it to us! :o
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

S6ED

by S6ED

DaiD wrote:

Titanium bolts all over is also an affordable way to save some weight. They look good too.

http://tibike.co.uk

DaiD

by DaiD

floriansantana wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm
DaiD wrote:
I didn't want to before I had put everything on, but here's a couple [please don't give me jip for the rear tyre - I know! I'm putting it the right way round later :lol: ). Not sure how to put up photos - see if this works:
Attachments
20190718_075623.jpg
20190718_075641.jpg
20190718_075651.jpg

tarmackev

by tarmackev

@DaiD
That looks fantastic!

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Wow, that's a stunning bike. I really think about getting one for myself now. :o
@floriansantana

Miles253

by Miles253

That does look a hell of a lot better than I expected. Still not mad on the exposed cable. A lighter integrated system, Canyons aerobar for example might look better.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

calv1n

by calv1n

DaiD wrote:
floriansantana wrote:
DaiD wrote:
I didn't want to before I had put everything on, but here's a couple [please don't give me jip for the rear tyre - I know! I'm putting it the right way round later :lol: ). Not sure how to put up photos - see if this works:
Nice as that is, how much benefit would one realise over this previous gen (6.3kg), say, in a solo 10 mile breakaway on rolling terrain. I ask because I love my current bike but would probably drop 5k if it made a real world difference. (Disk brake discussion aside)

Hoven

by Hoven

Tire clearence in the front is huge! Is that 25mm Gp5000?

Stueys

by Stueys

Miles253 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am
That does look a hell of a lot better than I expected. Still not mad on the exposed cable. A lighter integrated system, Canyons aerobar for example might look better.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Agreed, looks really nice but I'd be keen to get the cabling integrated

TomSte

by TomSte

DaiD wrote:
Looks fantastic! :thumbup:

What size is it? Is it possible to lead the shift cables through the steering tube, too?

floriansantana

by floriansantana

It's possible to route the shifting cables inside as some people have also done it with the SystemSix. Not sure about shifting quality though.
@floriansantana

DaiD

by DaiD

Thanks for your kind comments guys :-).

I wouldn't have a clue regarding integrating the cables I'm afraid. Someone mentioned an FSA headset earlier in this thread that might help, and I'm sure solutions would be more easily found by going for the framset-only/buy a 105 SS and dismantle it approach.

It's a size 54, and it's a -17 degree, 120mm stem. I'll be changing it eventually for the same size but matching Zipp stem [this one's a Specialized, which actually adds another couple mm to the stack]

Clearance-wise, it's supposed to go up to 30mm, but I reckon it can go bigger [not that I'd run anything over 25mm, most likely]. The tyres are 23mm, stretched on those rims to 24.5mm and sit nicely just inside the width of the rim #aero! The 25mm it came with were actually nicer-feeling, and were stretched to 26.5mm.

Just had the DA cassette delivered - quickly weighed it at 208g including lockring. Took off the 105 cassette and that's 'only' 306g! So not quite as much saving as initially thought. He giveth with one hand and taketh away with another!

tarmackev

by tarmackev

calv1n wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am
DaiD wrote:
floriansantana wrote:
DaiD wrote:
Nice as that is, how much benefit would one realise over this previous gen (6.3kg), say, in a solo 10 mile breakaway on rolling terrain. I ask because I love my current bike but would probably drop 5k if it made a real world difference. (Disk brake discussion aside)

Thats what I'm struggling with also, its a tough choice. Real world riding a bet going from a similar 45mm to 50mm rim would make more difference, or even a jersey thats slightly better fitting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com