Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

redfox

by redfox

Thanks, that's the one tab I didn't click on his YouTube!

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

My girlfriend was lucky to get a 2021 Supersix Evo with a big discount (because it came with some scratches on the wheelset, seatpost, handlebar). Also, it came with many of those proprietary spacers. I replaced them and lowered the handlebar. Unfortunately, I recognize a sound of the hoses rubbing each other and/or the frame everytime the handlebar is turned now. Even when I put the stem back in the highest position (not sure if the sound probably has been there from the beginning).

Is the Supersix Evo frame prone to that and a bit of that noise is normal? My only idea to solve this is to shorten the hoses (but they don't seem to be super long... the shifting cables / covering appear pretty long to me - but the sound definitely comes from the hoses)
Attachments
IMG_20211104_104350.jpg
IMG_20211104_104401.jpg
IMG_20211028_132141.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caballero

by caballero

Yes, slight rubbing sound is normal on mine and all the other ssevo frames I've come across.

The thing that doesn't look normal on yours is the gap between the bearing cover and the top of the head tube and where the cables go through the head tube. I think you have a few too many microspacers on top of the bearings.

req110

by req110

a) shorten hoses
b) stick some tape on those hoses or some shrink hose
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

caballero wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 pm
The thing that doesn't look normal on yours is the gap between the bearing cover and the top of the head tube and where the cables go through the head tube. I think you have a few too many microspacers on top of the bearings.
That was my first thought when the bike arrived. But it's only a one-piece spacer - although it looks like two.... Can anyone confirm whether this is the "normal" compression ring of the 2021 model headset?
Attachments
index.jpg

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

mapaha2810 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:07 pm
caballero wrote:
That was my first thought when the bike arrived. But it's only a one-piece spacer - although it looks like two.... Can anyone confirm whether this is the "normal" compression ring of the 2021 model headset?
I have a 2020 model and it is not the same as in your picture.

Bearing should sit flush with the frame also (don't know if you lifted it just for the picture? :lol: )
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

Spinnekop wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:44 am
Bearing should sit flush with the frame also (don't know if you lifted it just for the picture? :lol: )
the bearing just popped out a bit when I moved the fork to get my hands on the silver microspacer :wink:

I also contacted a local Cannondale dealer whether this is the right microspacer there (still waiting for a reply)... edit: He said it looks like the original part :noidea: but maybe it's different for the 2020 and 2021 model. But to me the gap does look slightly too big

Beancouter

by Beancouter

redfox wrote:
C36 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:33 am
Maddie wrote:Raoul Luescher. Not sure if he's selling the insert. He probably needs the frame to install it himself
On YouTube Raoul launched a poll about repair kits.
Have you got a link for that, I can't find it on his YouTube pages?

My first post in this thread - I've got a 2020 Goldfinger SuperSix which I bought secondhand for a bargain price. The guy had only just done 1000km on it and it's like new. It's showing no sign of damage from the fork stop but I want to keep it that way and I'm not sure I could make a warranty claim even if I wanted to...

If Raoul was prepared to ship this part I'd be quite happy to install it myself with some suitable epoxy personally.
He released a video on YouTube yesterday and he has released the print file so you can get them printed locally for a small fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmyrn85

by Jimmyrn85

If someone in the U.K. can print this for me, I'll happily pay!

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

mapaha2810 wrote:
caballero wrote:
In the meantime, I ordered another headset (part-number K35028) (always good to have some spares :lol: ) and this one came with a black plastic ring instead of the silver ring. The space between Headtube and the first plastic spacer looks way better now!

Before I shorten the fork and try to solve the issue with the loud noise when turning the handlebar: Is it normal that Cannondale assembles the bike with the hoses crossing each other? From the riders point of view, the hose of the rear brake goes to the downtube left from the fork (picture 2). But wouldn't it be less prone to noise, if it was right from the fork? (picture 3) (but I am pretty sure the noise comes from the hoses rubbing against the frame, not from rubbing each other)
Attachments
supersixevo1.jpg
supersixevo2.jpg
supersixevo3.jpg

Hexsense

by Hexsense

hmm I wish mine route that way.
I use right front left rear brake. And it's crossing under the stem. If it route like your bike cross wouldn't be visible.

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

Hexsense wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:22 pm
hmm I wish mine route that way.
"UK-setup"? Forgot to mention that in my initial post: Setup with left lever for front brake. For now the hoses are crossing each other below the stem and again in front of the fork. My idea (and I wonder, whether this is the normal setup and it might have been assembled wrong) is to have both hoses going straight down. So the hose from the left lever goes straight down along the left side of the fork. Hose from the right lever goes down right from the fork and then into the downtube without crossing the other hose. Or am I missing something and this is nonsense? (it's my first time dealing with totally integrated hoses - maybe I am just not used to the fact that you'll always here them rubbing the frame?)

Filans

by Filans

Apologize if this is not the right place to ask, but I have a Supersix Evo HM from 2013 frame and a SISL2 crankset, does anyone know whether the bottom bracket type is BB30 or PF30? I'm getting mixed answers from Google.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Does anyone here have both an SSE and SystemSix? Do you ride the same size? My SSE is a 56, fit is good with one spacer (and top cap, so 17mm of spacers total), but could go a lil lower without any trouble. Looking at the geo, I could go 56 or 58 on the S6. To keep the same fit, I'd need an extra spacer on the 56 S6, or just get used to being lower, but would be pretty close with it slammed on the 58.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

mapaha2810 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:45 pm
mapaha2810 wrote:
caballero wrote:
In the meantime, I ordered another headset (part-number K35028) (always good to have some spares :lol: ) and this one came with a black plastic ring instead of the silver ring. The space between Headtube and the first plastic spacer looks way better now!

Before I shorten the fork and try to solve the issue with the loud noise when turning the handlebar: Is it normal that Cannondale assembles the bike with the hoses crossing each other? From the riders point of view, the hose of the rear brake goes to the downtube left from the fork (picture 2). But wouldn't it be less prone to noise, if it was right from the fork? (picture 3) (but I am pretty sure the noise comes from the hoses rubbing against the frame, not from rubbing each other)
I’m interested in this as well since I have to redo the brake hoses of my SuperSix as well in the near future when I change handlebar and stem. Currently I have them routed straight, so front brake through the fork, straight up through the hole in the steerer and then to the left brake lever and rear brake through the down tube, through the right channel into the steerer and then to the right brake lever.

Not sure if the handlebar would rotate a lot better if it is cross routed though, because the bend of the brake hose would be a lot wider.

Any insight from others who built there bikes and might have tried both methods?
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com