Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

req110

by req110

"Annoyingly Cannodale don't seem to publish this info on their website." > brands which are publishing some weight are publishing twisted information anyway. like without pedals or smalles sizes

"SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Disc Ultegra" in size 54cm is around 8kg when you put speedplay pedals on it. Expect like 8.3 on standard mod.

But those 8kg was measured on my2020 model, where there is standard alloy cockpit (105g stem + 330g handlebars), now they include intergrated KNOT cockpit which is around 600g.

So you have to add additional 200g on cockpit.

Wheelset HG35 is around 1680g as far as i recall. I sold it right away.

Hollowgram SI crankset is decently light, around 580g, depends on chanrings, the 10-arm are much lighter than 8-arm. You can get SISL2 on forum sometimes, for example from my friend below.

SUPERSIX is a great bike. But not purchased from the store as a complete bike. Even the topspec model needs lighter wheelset and cockpit. Best option is to buy a bike, some cheap version, strip everything, and go custom, same as i did. My friend "hannawald" did the same, he is moving to other bike, so you can see nice 56cm himod 2020 frameset in Buy/Sell section of WW forum.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadanceking111

by cadanceking111

req110 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:25 am
"Annoyingly Cannodale don't seem to publish this info on their website." > brands which are publishing some weight are publishing twisted information anyway. like without pedals or smalles sizes

"SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Disc Ultegra" in size 54cm is around 8kg when you put speedplay pedals on it. Expect like 8.3 on standard mod.

But those 8kg was measured on my2020 model, where there is standard alloy cockpit (105g stem + 330g handlebars), now they include intergrated KNOT cockpit which is around 600g.

Hollowgram SI crankset is decently light, around 580g, depends on chanrings, the 10-arm are much lighter than 8-arm. You can get SISL2 on forum sometimes, for example from my friend below.

SUPERSIX is a great bike. But not purchased from the store as a complete bike. Even the topspec model needs lighter wheelset and cockpit. Best option is to buy a bike, some cheap version, strip everything, and go custom, same as i did. My friend "hannawald" did the same, he is moving to other bike, so you can see nice 56cm himod 2020 frameset in Buy/Sell section of WW forum.
Very helpful - thanks!

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

cadanceking111 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:14 am
Hi all - I wonder if you could help me with some advice on the SuperSix. I can't decide between the SuperSix EVO Carbon Disc Ultegra and the SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Disc Ultegra (both 2021). The only differences seem to be the crank, seatpost and frame. Does anyone know how much each bike weighs as sold? Annoyingly Cannodale don't seem to publish this info on their website. I have a Canyon at the moment that is 7.5kg and would buy another were it not for the delivery delays :(. If anyone has any tips on a particular mod that reduces the weight signficantly, that would would be great also (i see people have tried loads on there but difficult to see which one makes the most difference!).
Bought my SuperSix EVO Carbon Disc Ultegra (non hi-mod) and out the box excl pedals was 8.3kg.

Reason for my purchase was only the frame.

As mentioned above, buy a "cheapy" and strip and then build up what you want.

Current configuration on the bike is Di2 with Cannondale SISL2 cranks, ZIpp cockpit and Zipp 404 wheelset (heavy wheelset) has her at 7.6kg including powermeter pedals.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

Beancouter

by Beancouter

req110 wrote:"Annoyingly Cannodale don't seem to publish this info on their website." > brands which are publishing some weight are publishing twisted information anyway. like without pedals or smalles sizes

Agreed, I did the same for my rim brake version, albeit I had no choice as they never sold hi mod in rim and think highest spec was ultegra mechanical.

Mine ended up at 6kg for a fairly modest cost. (Well at least compared to cannondale prices).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stueys

by Stueys

I managed to pick a Hi-Mod frameset up last black friday for a good price. As long as you aren't hugely fussed about colour options it's a good way to go. Though the downside of buying a frameset is that groupset availability means that building it this year is looking increasingly unlikely.

card0s

by card0s

BlackForestRider wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:07 pm
Sorry for the late reply. I had a few things to look after this week.
Unfortunatly its not 1990, its 2190. I must have wished it was 1990. I ordered mine :-)
Now I just need more parts: Farsports F1 is ordered. SRAM RED axs still needs to be ordered.

https://www.ciclib.de/Rahmen/Rennrad-Ra ... &c=48&p=48
trex wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Would you be so kind and share where is that frame offered for 1990€? Any link?
Many thanks!
I was looking for a Supersix Hi-Mod frameset and after seeing this post a few months ago I contacted the shop to check if they had a frameset in my size.
They didn't have it but offered me a good deal on the 2021 model (complete build with Ultegra which I accepted.
Then Christmas came and I received the bike in early January.

The box was flawless indicating no issues with the transport.
After unboxing everything, I noticed a couple of scratches on the paint, nothing serious. I was not going to return it over that.

Then after a couple of rides (~180kms total) what apperead to be cracks in the top tube started to show:

I contacted the shop and they filled a warranty claim.
This was the response (translated from German):
As we have just discussed over the phone, based on the pictures, we assume that the damage presented here is an impact that is not covered by our guarantee.
I was pissed after seeing this, it makes no sense at all.
The shop basically washed their hands off this and gave me the contacts of the Cycling Sports Group company which I wasn't able to get in touch yet, nobody picks up or answers my emails.

I have a question for you, do you know any way I can contact Cannondale directly? Or any other suggestions to try to solve this?

Thank you all.

Javajinx1970

by Javajinx1970

Adding to the fun, here's my new ride. I actually got on sale and think it was the last 56 in Canada. I can't make it as light as my 2012 SS HM SRAM was, and since I bought a new gravel bike at same time upgrades were limited to
- Zipp SL-70 SC ergo bars, 90mm stem
- Enve SES 29mm tubeless
- carbon seatpost
- Fabric line race saddle
- Rotor cranks swapped from old bike
- came with ice tech rotors due to shop needing the stock ones
- Supacaz tape, tacx cages and of course the Sigeyi derailleur hanger
I'm really enjoying the ride, I'm not noticing the 2.5 extra pounds really. I know the stem isn't slammed, but I am just not that flexible! I would have preferred a 0 setback post, but those were unavailable. Overall, I find it as sharp as my previous Supersix but more comfortable and seems to hold speed better. Thanks for all the posts, information and resources.
Attachments
20210308_172230.jpg
20210217_161040.jpg

Archie100

by Archie100

Maybe I missed this somewhere along this thread, but could someone confirm if Cannondale have discountinued rim brake option on Supersix for 2021? I was hoping to get a size 58 rim brake and build it up with lighter groupset/wheels/crankset/etc. but I can't find one anywhere and was wondering if it's a supply issue or if they can no longer be bought.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Javajinx1970 wrote:Adding to the fun, here's my new ride. I actually got on sale and think it was the last 56 in Canada. I can't make it as light as my 2012 SS HM SRAM was, and since I bought a new gravel bike at same time upgrades were limited to
- Zipp SL-70 SC ergo bars, 90mm stem
- Enve SES 29mm tubeless
- carbon seatpost
- Fabric line race saddle
- Rotor cranks swapped from old bike
- came with ice tech rotors due to shop needing the stock ones
- Supacaz tape, tacx cages and of course the Sigeyi derailleur hanger
I'm really enjoying the ride, I'm not noticing the 2.5 extra pounds really. I know the stem isn't slammed, but I am just not that flexible! I would have preferred a 0 setback post, but those were unavailable. Overall, I find it as sharp as my previous Supersix but more comfortable and seems to hold speed better. Thanks for all the posts, information and resources.
If you have a short stem like this and need a zero seat back post, your bike is probably too big for you

matcav

by matcav

Mcdeez wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 pm
If you have a short stem like this and need a zero seat back post, your bike is probably too big for you
I won't be so sure. My bike fitter put me on a 54 with 90mm stem and zero seatpost since I have long legs and a short torso. A smaller size would need too many front spacers.

dave270

by dave270

Quick question guys, might have been stated earlier, but can you use a carbon rail saddle with the Cannondale Carbon KNOT seatpost? Asking because my mechanic says that they don't have carbon rail clamps and wants to be safe with my newly purchased S-works Power saddle with carbon rails.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

dave270 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 pm
Quick question guys, might have been stated earlier, but can you use a carbon rail saddle with the Cannondale Carbon KNOT seatpost? Asking because my mechanic says that they don't have carbon rail clamps and wants to be safe with my newly purchased S-works Power saddle with carbon rails.
Yes you can, there is only one clamp, it's designed for alloy and carbon rails, round or oval.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

carbon rail clamp is a thing for side clamp seatpost. This is because most carbon rail are taller than the alloy one (being 7x9 or 7x10 instead of 7x7).
Cannondale seatpost don't need one because it clamp from top and bottom. So it support both alloy and carbon rails (as long as the width is 7mm, which all common saddle rails do).
Ask your mechanics to use a little more engineering sense when giving advice.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

matcav wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 pm
I won't be so sure. My bike fitter put me on a 54 with 90mm stem and zero seatpost since I have long legs and a short torso. A smaller size would need too many front spacers.
Yes well if you have short femurs and the bottom braket (pedals) doesn't align well because youre already maxed out your seal in front ,you would need one.

It has nothing to do with your torso

spud

by spud

card0s wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:30 pm
BlackForestRider wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:07 pm
Sorry for the late reply. I had a few things to look after this week.
Unfortunatly its not 1990, its 2190. I must have wished it was 1990. I ordered mine :-)
Now I just need more parts: Farsports F1 is ordered. SRAM RED axs still needs to be ordered.

https://www.ciclib.de/Rahmen/Rennrad-Ra ... &c=48&p=48
trex wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Would you be so kind and share where is that frame offered for 1990€? Any link?
Many thanks!
I was looking for a Supersix Hi-Mod frameset and after seeing this post a few months ago I contacted the shop to check if they had a frameset in my size.
They didn't have it but offered me a good deal on the 2021 model (complete build with Ultegra which I accepted.
Then Christmas came and I received the bike in early January.

The box was flawless indicating no issues with the transport.
After unboxing everything, I noticed a couple of scratches on the paint, nothing serious. I was not going to return it over that.

Then after a couple of rides (~180kms total) what apperead to be cracks in the top tube started to show:

I contacted the shop and they filled a warranty claim.
This was the response (translated from German):
As we have just discussed over the phone, based on the pictures, we assume that the damage presented here is an impact that is not covered by our guarantee.
I was pissed after seeing this, it makes no sense at all.
The shop basically washed their hands off this and gave me the contacts of the Cycling Sports Group company which I wasn't able to get in touch yet, nobody picks up or answers my emails.

I have a question for you, do you know any way I can contact Cannondale directly? Or any other suggestions to try to solve this?

Thank you all.
Lord, I hope Cannondale take care of you at the corporate level. There's no way that damage was caused by an impact, or you'd see signs of paint distress at the impact site via widespread chipping etc. The paint damage in those pics comes from the substrate giving way. Pathetic that the shop just rolled over on this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com