Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nunokas

by nunokas

Is the actual spidering compatible with 12v chains?

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

rides4beer wrote:New wheel day! LB AR56s w/DT240EXP hubs, 1455g. Need some better shots in the sun, the satin finish looks great.

Its Regular frame or hi mod? Love this color, i didnt had a big choise of colors, the flat black (the only available) is nice but i would prefere yours for sureImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Mcdeez wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:37 pm
Its Regular frame or hi mod? Love this color, i didnt had a big choise of colors, the flat black (the only available) is nice but i would prefere yours for sure
Mine is standard mod, they do have a similar paint scheme in hi-mod, main difference is the white goes all the way down the chainstay.

ccparkhill

by ccparkhill

Mcdeez wrote:
Are you using OT-RS900 housing between the frame and rear mech? Should be much shorter than that.

treyxt

by treyxt

rides4beer wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm
Mcdeez wrote:
Its Regular frame or hi mod? Love this color, i didnt had a big choise of colors, the flat black (the only available) is nice but i would prefere yours for sure
Mine is standard mod, they do have a similar paint scheme in hi-mod, main difference is the white goes all the way down the chainstay.
what the weight?
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

ccparkhill wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
Are you using OT-RS900 housing between the frame and rear mech? Should be much shorter than that.
I dont mind that loop, i by passed the external cable housing, because if i go smaller theres more tension if i turn the steering
Last edited by Mcdeez on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

treyxt wrote:
rides4beer wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
what the weight?
Just under 17 lbs with pedals and cages

rides4beer

by rides4beer

treyxt wrote:
rides4beer wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
what the weight?
Mine is about 8.1kg with the stock 105 groupset and alloy post, pedals, cages and computer mount. Should be around 7.6kg after di2 and carbon seat post, plenty light enough for me, being 84kg.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

nunokas wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 am
It works flawlessly with Shimano 12 speed chains and I suspect it works with Campy 12s too as the chain dimensions are not too far off.

For SRAM AXS, it works 'acceptably' in a workstand but your milage may vary under power out on the road given the slightly bigger diameter chain rollers that are meant to be used with AXS specific chainring teeth profiles/dimensions, and who knows if it will accelerate wear because of that.

nunokas

by nunokas

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:08 pm
nunokas wrote:
It works flawlessly with Shimano 12 speed chains and I suspect it works with Campy 12s too as the chain dimensions are not too far off.

For SRAM AXS, it works 'acceptably' in a workstand but your milage may vary under power out on the road given the slightly bigger diameter chain rollers that are meant to be used with AXS specific chainring teeth profiles/dimensions, and who knows if it will accelerate wear because of that.
Thanks Dan :beerchug:

So the possibility to use it with the new Shimano is high 8)

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Mcdeez wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm
ccparkhill wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
I dont mind that loop, i by passed the external cable housing, because if i go smaller theres more tension if i turn the steering
huh? turning the bar should take the cable slack from the front end. It should not pull all the way to the rear derailleur loop.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

nunokas wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
nunokas wrote:

I assume so, unless they have a completely different chain design than their 12 speed mountain bike chains, with different sizing as SRAM did. But by looking at their past releases where Dura-Ace usually/often uses tech first introduced on XTR, I think the odds the next gen Dura-Ace and Ultegra will work on SpideRings are good.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Dan Gerous wrote:
nunokas wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
nunokas wrote:

I assume so, unless they have a completely different chain design than their 12 speed mountain bike chains, with different sizing as SRAM did. But by looking at their past releases where Dura-Ace usually/often uses tech first introduced on XTR, I think the odds the next gen Dura-Ace and Ultegra will work on SpideRings are good.
I ran a Shimano 12spd chain on my last road bike with Udi2, worked great. The pin/link spacing is exactly the same, the chain is just narrower, which helps it run a lil quieter on an 11spd setup.

nunokas

by nunokas

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:01 am
nunokas wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
nunokas wrote:

Perfect! :D

Because hallowgram chainset is the "sexiest of them all" :twisted:

Hexsense

by Hexsense

rides4beer wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:09 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
nunokas wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:

I ran a Shimano 12spd chain on my last road bike with Udi2, worked great. The pin/link spacing is exactly the same, the chain is just narrower, which helps it run a lil quieter on an 11spd setup.
If the chain is stupidly narrow, it can fall in between gap of big ring and small ring. But 12 vs 11 speed chain isn't that big of a difference. And especially for Spidering, such gap between big ring and small ring do not exist.
Narrower chain slightly effect the FD shifting though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com