Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

floriansantana

by floriansantana

rides4beer wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:15 pm
Does anyone here have both an SSE and SystemSix? Do you ride the same size? My SSE is a 56, fit is good with one spacer (and top cap, so 17mm of spacers total), but could go a lil lower without any trouble. Looking at the geo, I could go 56 or 58 on the S6. To keep the same fit, I'd need an extra spacer on the 56 S6, or just get used to being lower, but would be pretty close with it slammed on the 58.
I ride both in the same size 56, the SSE with a -17 130mm stem and the S6 with a -6 120mm Knot stem and the Knot SystemBar. They are pretty much spot on the same fit. You should definitely not go bigger on the SSE, because it’s more relaxed anyway.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

floriansantana wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 am
Currently I have them routed straight, so front brake through the fork, straight up through the hole in the steerer and then to the left brake lever and rear brake through the down tube, through the right channel into the steerer and then to the right brake lever.
That's how I intend to route them (instead of crossed, because right now the noise is annoying). Do you hear the hoses rubbing against the frame or is you setup ok in terms of noise? How many spacers do you have installed? (the closer the stem is to the frame, the more the hoses have to bend - that is the reason why the noise got annoying when I lowered the stem, I guess)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

floriansantana

by floriansantana

mapaha2810 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:37 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 am
Currently I have them routed straight, so front brake through the fork, straight up through the hole in the steerer and then to the left brake lever and rear brake through the down tube, through the right channel into the steerer and then to the right brake lever.
That's how I intend to route them (instead of crossed, because right now the noise is annoying). Do you hear the hoses rubbing against the frame or is you setup ok in terms of noise? How many spacers do you have installed? (the closer the stem is to the frame, the more the hoses have to bend - that is the reason why the noise got annoying when I lowered the stem, I guess)
I have the Knot stem and handlebars on my SystemSix and it’s pretty much silent so no rubbing or anything.
It’s different on my SuperSix with standard stem and bars: the hoses rub and the bars don’t rotate completely freely from side to side. It doesn’t matter while riding but it’s not 100% perfect.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

rides4beer

by rides4beer

floriansantana wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:43 am
I ride both in the same size 56, the SSE with a -17 130mm stem and the S6 with a -6 120mm Knot stem and the Knot SystemBar. They are pretty much spot on the same fit. You should definitely not go bigger on the SSE, because it’s more relaxed anyway.
I already have the 56cm SSE, contemplating going bigger with a SystemSix. Interesting that you're running the -17 on the SSE and the -6 on the S6, when they both come with the opposite, altho I guess that's one way to help the fit match on both bikes. Altho, I guess part of what makes the S6 faster is the longer and lower position, so maybe I shouldn't look to go bigger to keep the stack the same, but take advantage of the lower position to go faster.

cerro

by cerro

Filans wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:44 pm
Apologize if this is not the right place to ask, but I have a Supersix Evo HM from 2013 frame and a SISL2 crankset, does anyone know whether the bottom bracket type is BB30 or PF30? I'm getting mixed answers from Google.
Should be BB30 on that one. Easy to see if there is a plastic cup on the outside of the frame or not. PF if plastic cup going out from the frame.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Is red 22 crankset compatible with force axs FD & 12-speed chain? Who know?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

Prosper00

by Prosper00

PUNlSHER wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:51 am
No. You need AXS compatible chainrings.

Also, wrong thread for this question >>>>>

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

PUNlSHER wrote:
Apparently yes. Can't find which thread, but someone is running AXS FD with GRX rings.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

But don’t because you’re parts will wear out quicker. Sram has a proprietary chain with larger rollers. There are compatible chainrings available tho.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

BigBoyND wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:06 am
PUNlSHER wrote:
Apparently yes. Can't find which thread, but someone is running AXS FD with GRX rings.
It may well 'work', but it's at your own risk of accelerated wear and shifting quality. It's certainly not officially supported.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

rides4beer

by rides4beer

I’ll get better pics tomorrow in the sun, but got my new FFWD Ryot77s mounted up. Go deep or go home! Image

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Editing this post to add a better picture. I’ll do a full write up in the wheel section, but the Ryot77s rock, it was windy af today and they did great! A lil deep for the SuperSix, the plan is to get an aero bike eventually, probably a SystemSix. But for now I’ll rock them on the SSE. The Ryot44s or 55s would be a really good all around wheelset, depending on your preferences.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Gotta love deep wheels on a road bike. Those look deeper than 77mm! I had some 95mm Knight Composite wheels on my Prince for a while :lol:

rides4beer

by rides4beer

BigBoyND wrote:Gotta love deep wheels on a road bike. Those look deeper than 77mm! I had some 95mm Knight Composite wheels on my Prince for a while :lol:
Absolutely!! Plus, love the sound they make! Image Helps being 84kg and living in the flatlands lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Very nice bike!