Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Rougesim wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:22 pm
5.5 on the non drive?
https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/componen ... gKSYfD_BwE
Not sure of the exact measures but, like this:
spacer-set-p17864-75622_image.jpg
The two on the right are for MTB I think, the back-middle one is for older, narrower 68mm BB30/PF30. It's always written on each what they're for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MMW

by MMW

Skærmbillede 2020-03-21 kl. 23.31.10.png
Skærmbillede 2020-03-21 kl. 23.31.10.png
Hello WW

I have just started my my build of a Cannondale supersix evo 2020 i a size 51, and thought it would be fun to make a little competition of who can guess the weight;)
I bought a rim brake frame with 105, and stript the components off - fingers crossed I can get the new parts shipped, in these times.
If I can, the bike will be build up with these componentes:

Ultegra di2
Hollowgram si crankset (39/53)
Enve 4.5 wheelset clincher, dt 180 (with 25g lead for balancing)
Silca latex tubes valv extender
S works turbo cotton 24mm
Farsport F/1 handelbars (36x100)
2 x Carbonworks 2.1 bottecages 8g
Tune dc carbon qr
Hollogram carbon saddle
Miche SUPERTYPE 16-29t (due to gearristrictions)
Dura ace/xtr chain
Dura ace direct mount brakes (or ultegra)
Deda traforato bar tape
Favero assioma pedals duo
FSA/cannondale bottom bracket and headset bearing
Selle italia SLR kit Carbonio Flow CK7X9 Road Saddle S2 - this is the only saddle i could find i white (that was light, and hopefully fit well) :(

Hope i remembered it all.

And the striped frame:)

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Sounds like a very sweet build. I really like the direct mount brake concept. Wish it got more traction before the "dork disc" revolution. Lol.

MartinRa

by MartinRa

MMW wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm
Skærmbillede 2020-03-21 kl. 23.31.10.pngSkærmbillede 2020-03-21 kl. 23.31.10.pngHello WW

I have just started my my build of a Cannondale supersix evo 2020 i a size 51, and thought it would be fun to make a little competition of who can guess the weight;)
I bought a rim brake frame with 105, and stript the components off - fingers crossed I can get the new parts shipped, in these times.

Ultegra di2
Tune dc carbon qr
Hollogram carbon saddle
Dura ace/xtr chain
Deda traforato bar tape
Selle italia SLR kit Carbonio Flow CK7X9 Road Saddle S2 - this is the only saddle i could find i white (that was light, and hopefully fit well) :(

looking forward to your finished build, have you riden a "old" susi rim before? would be cool to hear a comparison after you finished the build.

MMW

by MMW

MartinRa wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 am
MMW wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm
Skærmbillede 2020-03-21 kl. 23.31.10.pngSkærmbillede 2020-03-21 kl. 23.31.10.pngHello WW

Ultegra di2
Tune dc carbon qr
Hollogram carbon saddle
Dura ace/xtr chain
Deda traforato bar tape

looking forward to your finished build, have you riden a "old" susi rim before? would be cool to hear a comparison after you finished the build.
I can do that - but the "old" supersix is the 2013-2015 model - so not a true comparison between the newer "old" SS.

cerro

by cerro

I want to know the framweight as I got the disc 105 in size 51 :)

MMW

by MMW

cerro wrote:I want to know the framweight as I got the disc 105 in size 51 :)
The frame weight with: bb bearings, headset bearings, rear derailleur hanger, front and rear derailleur cables(for easy di2 cable routing) and seatpost clamp = 1130grams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cerro

by cerro

Ok, my disc frame black/white was 1066g with bb bearings, rear derailleur hanger and seatpost clamp. Pretty similar weights.

nagge

by nagge

Morritz wrote:I'm having an absolute nightmare routing the brake cables through my bars. Having swapped the stock 420mm KNOT bar for a 380mm bar, it makes a hell of a difference trying to feed the cables through... I guess perseverence is key here. I've never had internal cabling like this, so any tips are VERY welcome.
Just routed the brake lines through my 38cm bars as well, it was super tight but managable.
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

dnb72

by dnb72

Hi everyone, here's another supersix for you
IMG_20200328_135304.jpg
IMG_20200328_135314.jpg
It's 105 model, size 51 with a few tweaks to it;
- saddle Astute Skylite
- vision trimax 4d handle bars 400mm
- cinelli neos stem 90mm
- carbon zero offset seatpost
- elite vivo bottle cages
- hollowgram si compact crankset with 4iiii powermeter
- keo 2 max carbon pedals
- hollowgram sl knot 45 wheelset
- ultegra 11-30 cassette
- dura act 160 rotor up front
- xtr m900 160 rotor at the back
- vittoria corsa control g2 tyres 28mm

Weighs 7.85 kg, thinking of swapping the corsa controls for something lighter as they came off another bike but aside from that very impressed with the supersix the few months I've had it.

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Having issue with chain rubbing frame when in 10T cog. Will list full build and attach photos.
Have contacted Zipp and Cannondale. Zipp says should work. Waiting for Cannondale.

Frame: Supersix evo himod 54cm
Group: RED Etap AXS 48/35 172.5 dub
Cassette: 10-28 Force
Chain: Red AXS
Wheels: Zipp 303 firecrest disc 77/177 hubs
Freehub: Zipp XDR
End caps: came with 303's 12mm thru axle

No spacer behind the cassette. Torqued in full. Checked manuals for installation. All parts being used are Zipp/Sram.

There's not enough room to even fit a piece of paper between chain and frame.

Have also tried zipp 30 course wheels which use the same hubs with the XDR / force cassette and same outcome.

When you remove the wheel after use there are marks on the frame from the rub.

Has anyone had this issue and does anyone have any solutions?

If there are no real solutions my best thought is a spacer between the end cap and the XDR freehub to force the end cap further right.

The shop that built it is closed today, and is top quality. But if everything is built to spec then will need alternatives, or if it's a manufacting defect in one of the components - hubs/freehub/cassette/frame then we'd need to look into that.

Thanks.
Attachments
EDA17196-793A-45D1-9DBC-CFF8D04E90E6.jpeg
CE84101D-63E4-4B49-9640-11EC8DD88428.jpeg
C1780214-F12E-44C9-BA64-43E9E3FE19E3.jpeg

lexlion

by lexlion

Are the end caps oriented correctly? Wider one on DS?

woodyvalentine

by woodyvalentine

Yes. End caps are on correct sides. The non drive has a wider bearing cover. So it's not even possible to fit that one on the drive side, it wouldn't fit under the cassette. I've also tried swapping the end caps to the ones from the 30 course wheelset. But same results since same end caps, no manufacturing defects.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Just do like the Trek-Segafredo team did when they faced the same issue: they started using bigger chainring combos so they wouldn't have to use that 10t cog at all.

Okay, probably not the solution you want. :mrgreen:

I'd be curious if you could borrow a non-SRAM/Zipp wheel that has a XD-R freehub or a AXS cassette already mounted, maybe some hub designs are better than others? And double check that the cassette is properly installed and torqued.

You could add a shim on the driveside to push the cassette away from the dropout... Either put it between the frame and the hub or under the end cap (I'm not familiar with those hubs). You would spread open the rear triangle a bit but I think it wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as you don't use too thick a shim, you probably don't need much. If you don't want to stretch the frame sideways, you could shave the non-driveside end cap by the same amount the shim takes up but I'm not sure that would be needed, same with the wheel dish. It looks like 1mm would be more than enough.

Maybe your frame has thicker paint there as some Evos seem to be okay with AXS, maybe grinding off the paint would solve it, but maybe not.

Personally, I think it's not ideal to hack high-end parts/frames to fix something that should not have to be fixed because SRAM went a bit too deep inside the tolerances with their AXS cassette and XDR freehubs. There was already very little horizontal real estate to play with between a driveside dropout and the hub body, even with 11 cogs, that going even tighter with those cassettes makes evrything even more tight and cramped. On most frames it clears, but just. On some frames though, it's just too close. I'm not sure if Campy 12 speed cassettes can have the same issue or if they kept overall width smaller or went more inboard for the whole thing...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

I had similar kind of issues but on the opposite side of the bike. My front disc rotor touched the fork with Carbon Ti centerlock hub and DT180exp hub. I asked Cannondale for warranty claim but they said they put original Cannondale wheel there and it is ok with that. Asked Carbon Ti for help and they told me they experienced similar issues in the past on some Cannondale mtb bikes due to Cannondale not keeping tolerances. They provided me some shims under the end cap which solved it for me. It is still tight but works.