Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Pictures were not blurry enough for Cannondale. :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madik

by madik

This is exciting. Looking at the blurry pictures of partly exposed new Supersix from a safe distance! And once it will be out with tons of boring PR sauce everyone will be "yeah whatever, copy of this and that" :thumbup:
Functionality > Performance > Weight

ichobi

by ichobi

I hope all of this excitement is not ruined by boring paint job. They totally botched the SystemSix with color choice.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

ichobi wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 pm
I hope all of this excitement is not ruined by boring paint job. They totally botched the SystemSix with color choice.
- Matte black? So boring!
- Way too flashy, give me all matte black!
- Plain color and small logos? Why no pinstripes and shapes and stuff?
- All those lines and shapes are soooo 1995, give me a modern, classy plain single color bike!
- What do they call that weird color?
- I wish they came up with fresh new colors that are different, not on every other bikes on the market...
- More logos please!
- Less logos please!

Whatever they come up with, there will be happy campers and complainers, as always.

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

ichobi wrote:
EF Team colors would be dope. I love their paint, even if it looks like a well-done rattle-can job! I also think it's one of the few bikes that really look interesting and nice with a gloss finish.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

BagelMaster wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm
I was linked to a post by a French Cycling Journo which included a picture of EF Rider Mitch Docker in Germany with a bike in the background. Perhaps this is a photo of the assumed demonstration/showcase of the new SuperSix to journalists in Germany?
if the attached pic actually shows a new Supersix, it looks more like TIME ZXRS/SCYLON to me.

cmunozh

by cmunozh

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:59 pm
ichobi wrote:
- All those lines and shapes are soooo 1995, give me a modern, classy plain single color bike!
- I wish they came up with fresh new colors that are different, not on every other bikes on the market...
- More logos please!
- Less logos please!

Whatever they come up with, there will be happy campers and complainers, as always.

I would go always for a Saeco red :wink: :wink:
My garage: Caad12, BRT C0, Cannondale Scalpel SE II, Specialized Epic pro '92, Swiss military bike '45, Orbea Gredos '87, Specialized Langster '12, Caadx '15...

mrlobber

by mrlobber

ichobi wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:35 pm
The outline looks like Venge / Tarmac from afar, which is a shame. Hope to see the front end soon.
Agree. Internally, I still hoped Cannondale would somehow (don't ask me how :D) retain (or keep close to) the classic SS Evo shape.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

ichobi

by ichobi

Cannondale ironically has always made one of the best paint scheme in the 90s (those Saecos!!). But the past few years have been terrible (ditto Cervelo). The EF color is dope though. I would be happy enough if they make that colorway.

ichobi

by ichobi

Dan Gerous wrote:
ichobi wrote:
- More logos please!
- Less logos please!

Yes, but not always true. Trek and Specialized while have some bog standard matte black, white red options etc, they recently make effort to do a lot of special colors (or in case of Trek, a custom project one). Pianrello always offers lots of choice too.

jlok

by jlok

First the Izalco Max now the SSEvo... would Ultimate be the next to go dropped seat stays?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

willmac

by willmac

I don’t know exactly what color but if you look at the 2020 systemsix paint, it’s the same design as the EF bikes but has champagne instead of black and black instead of the purple. I’d expect to see a similar design here but no idea which combinations of colors

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Daniel Martinez and Tejay Van Garderen are also on new Evos right now, training with Rigo in Colombia... :wink: Rigo still on the older bike, too big of a star down there so paparazzis would take too many photos of the unreleased bike! :mrgreen:

When seen from the front/back, the fork and seatstays have a subtle bowed out shape compared to the very straight lines of the current Evo, a tad like the SystemSix fork when seen head on. Takes away a bit of the Tarmac look.

andreas

by andreas

Heh, that reminds me of a quote from the frame compliance test in the Silca blog:
These three models are all highly successful and all hotly sold against one another in the market touting the industry standard mantra 'laterally stiff yet vertically compliant.'

While there are differences between them, it equates to about 0.2Bar or 3psi difference in tire pressure. While this difference is non-zero, it is also less than 1/3 the gauge error and and within the range of repeatability of most bicycle pumps. Think about that, between these 3 $10,000 models, the difference in ride quality is equal to the difference you will get if you pumped to the 'same pressure' each day and is likely a fraction of what you would get if you pumped to the 'same pressure' on somebody else's pump.
https://blog.silca.cc/part-3-tire-pressure-and-comfort

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

andreas wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 pm
Heh, that reminds me of a quote from the frame compliance test in the Silca blog:
Are you saying that because of the bow in the stays and fork? I they're there for aerodynamics reasons more than compliance.