Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

incognitus

by incognitus

Just fyi, got a replacement frame for my 2020 SSE after complaining with the dealer (delf-destruction mechanism in headtube).
Cannondale accepted the claim w/o any discussion. Took 4 weeks from complaint to new frame. The frame came "bare bones", i.e. I had to transplant all screws, bearings and plastic parts to the new frame (the other solution offered was to send my bike in, which would have taken weeks).
The new frame indeed has metal inserts at the head tube.

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

incognitus wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:00 am
Just fyi, got a replacement frame for my 2020 SSE after complaining with the dealer (delf-destruction mechanism in headtube).
Cannondale accepted the claim w/o any discussion. Took 4 weeks from complaint to new frame. The frame came "bare bones", i.e. I had to transplant all screws, bearings and plastic parts to the new frame (the other solution offered was to send my bike in, which would have taken weeks).
I just dropped my fork out to do a headset service and thought I should check on what the headtube looked like, and suprise, that section is delaminated much like yours. Took some photos and submitted a warranty claim this afternoon, so I'm hoping for an experience much like yours.
20210921_113558.jpg
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

S6ED

by S6ED

canterbizzle wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:13 pm
Cant get rid of disc squeal on the new build. I'm using ultegra hydraulic callipers and Robert Axle after market thru axles with a brand new Dura Ace rotor. The bike builder thought the disc was slightly warped so trued it yesterday but the noise is back. The callipers have been adjusted too.

Anyone experienced this - could it be the non oem axles/ sticking pistons?!
Use Shimano L03A resin pads, not metal.

Prosper00

by Prosper00

Update RE split headtube, cracking and rubbing on my white 2020. I submitted a warranty claim and all due to Cannondale they agreed to replace the frame. However as a 'gesture of goodwill' rather than a warranty replacement, which is all well and good but a bit of a cheap shot, which in plain English means that they aren't accepting responsibility for their crap headtube design and I have to change the components myself. A contrast in response to Specializeds SL7 issue.

It's great they changed the frame, but man it does feel a bit short. The new blue replacement frame has metal reinforcement around the headtube. Cannondale knew this was a problem and changed the design, it's their fault.

I do think this is a design and warranty issue for Cannondale. You can't design a bike that destroys itself from normal use as a bicycle. I may have read the instructions in the manual to *never* turn the bars but I'm not the only person that will contact this bike in its normal life as a bike. Mechanics at the bike shop, storage handlers, train guards, loading onto a car, will all handle it and flop the bars to the side occasionally and crack the headtube I can't control that, it's unreasonable to have that condition for a product.

Fundamentally it has to be fit for purpose (as a bike), the OG Supersix EVO is not. I recommend that any early S6 EVO owner chase up with Cannondale now before the damage gets too bad.
Attachments
31D3E499-8FC6-49C8-9C02-0C2A6A59AD3D.jpeg

RDY

by RDY

Bfriesen wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 pm
incognitus wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:00 am
I just dropped my fork out to do a headset service and thought I should check on what the headtube looked like, and suprise, that section is delaminated much like yours. Took some photos and submitted a warranty claim this afternoon, so I'm hoping for an experience much like yours.
20210921_113558.jpg
Just as well you did IMO ... that could well have ultimately led to a catastrophic failure eventually.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:33 am
Quick update on the Hylix post; the quality is pretty good out of the packaging, albeit there are a couple of flaws in the lacquer (but not visible when on the bike). Weight wise 128g, but 117g with 5cm city off. I have not checked to see if there is any more weight to save on the seat clamp parts.

The weight compares to 121g for my tuned cannondale Knot 27 seatpost.

Ridden it once and didn’t feel a discernible difference between the 2 posts, albeit I would assume the Knot would be a little more compliant given the profile at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it knot seatpost with some lighter parts? Can you give some link pls :beerchug:
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

Beancouter

by Beancouter

PUNlSHER wrote:
Beancouter wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:33 am
Quick update on the Hylix post; the quality is pretty good out of the packaging, albeit there are a couple of flaws in the lacquer (but not visible when on the bike). Weight wise 128g, but 117g with 5cm city off. I have not checked to see if there is any more weight to save on the seat clamp parts.

The weight compares to 121g for my tuned cannondale Knot 27 seatpost.

Ridden it once and didn’t feel a discernible difference between the 2 posts, albeit I would assume the Knot would be a little more compliant given the profile at the top.

Is it knot seatpost with some lighter parts? Can you give some link pls :beerchug:
If you search for Hylix knot on eBay it should pop up.

Stueys

by Stueys

Anyone running the SL7 stem on their Evo? Looks like a practical solution but I'm wondering if it keeps the cables nice and tight coming down from the stem.

MABinATL

by MABinATL

Two size 56 2021 SS are still available to purchase from the EF team.
https://efbike.com/product/2020-supersix-evo/

Wenne

by Wenne

where can I buy this ?
903ADBF8-18F0-402F-94B7-0A62C3B54E52.jpeg

matcav

by matcav

Wenne wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:05 pm
where can I buy this ?903ADBF8-18F0-402F-94B7-0A62C3B54E52.jpeg
Where did you find it in the first place?
Seems to be a good retrofit

Maddie

by Maddie

Raoul Luescher. Not sure if he's selling the insert. He probably needs the frame to install it himself

C36

by C36

Maddie wrote:Raoul Luescher. Not sure if he's selling the insert. He probably needs the frame to install it himself
On YouTube Raoul launched a poll about repair kits.

redfox

by redfox

C36 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:33 am
Maddie wrote:Raoul Luescher. Not sure if he's selling the insert. He probably needs the frame to install it himself
On YouTube Raoul launched a poll about repair kits.
Have you got a link for that, I can't find it on his YouTube pages?

My first post in this thread - I've got a 2020 Goldfinger SuperSix which I bought secondhand for a bargain price. The guy had only just done 1000km on it and it's like new. It's showing no sign of damage from the fork stop but I want to keep it that way and I'm not sure I could make a warranty claim even if I wanted to...

If Raoul was prepared to ship this part I'd be quite happy to install it myself with some suitable epoxy personally.

C36

by C36

redfox wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:36 pm
Have you got a link for that, I can't find it on his YouTube pages?

My first post in this thread - I've got a 2020 Goldfinger SuperSix which I bought secondhand for a bargain price. The guy had only just done 1000km on it and it's like new. It's showing no sign of damage from the fork stop but I want to keep it that way and I'm not sure I could make a warranty claim even if I wanted to...

If Raoul was prepared to ship this part I'd be quite happy to install it myself with some suitable epoxy personally.
sure
https://www.youtube.com/c/LuescherTeknik/community

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com