Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

rides4beer wrote:
dagex wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:16 am
Hello, I ordered a SSE Hi Mod Ultegra Di2 this week. This thread helped me a lot with that decission :-) Now I have one specific question: what is the biggest cassette that I can use with the stock rear derailleur (Ultegra Di2). As far as I know, Shimano offers a short cage and a mid cage version. Which of these comes with the SSE? Thanks a lot for your help!
Looks like it comes with the short cage RD, Shimano states the max as 30t, but you can run a 32t. Same goes for the GS version, official max is 34t, but you can run a 36t without issues.
If you want a bigger cassette a cheap option is a Wolftooth Roadink DM - allows you to go up for a cassette in the 36-42 range with a standard short derealised.

I had used one on my gravel bike running a 40T (single up front) and worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

rides4beer

by rides4beer

New bike day!! Now if it'll just stop raining so I can go ride! lol

2021 Standard Mod 105, 56cm. 38cm Zipp SL70 aero bars, 110mm Zipp Service Course SL stem, carbon seat, FFWD F3A wheelset w/ 32mm GP5000s (road wheelset from my gravel bike, have a set of LB AR56s on order). Haven't weighed her yet, but she's def lighter than the gravel bike, which is around 8.6kg.

nunokas

by nunokas

rides4beer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:07 pm

2021 Standard Mod 105, 56cm. 38cm Zipp SL70 aero bars, 110mm Zipp Service Course SL stem, carbon seat, FFWD F3A wheelset w/ 32mm GP5000s (road wheelset from my gravel bike, have a set of LB AR56s on order). Haven't weighed her yet, but she's def lighter than the gravel bike, which is around 8.6kg.

Soigneur kit?

dagex

by dagex

rides4beer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:26 pm
dagex wrote:
Hello, I ordered a SSE Hi Mod Ultegra Di2 this week. This thread helped me a lot with that decission :-) Now I have one specific question: what is the biggest cassette that I can use with the stock rear derailleur (Ultegra Di2). As far as I know, Shimano offers a short cage and a mid cage version. Which of these comes with the SSE? Thanks a lot for your help!
Looks like it comes with the short cage RD, Shimano states the max as 30t, but you can run a 32t. Same goes for the GS version, official max is 34t, but you can run a 36t without issues.
Thank you :)

dagex

by dagex

Beancouter wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:20 pm
rides4beer wrote:
dagex wrote:
If you want a bigger cassette a cheap option is a Wolftooth Roadink DM - allows you to go up for a cassette in the 36-42 range with a standard short derealised.

I had used one on my gravel bike running a 40T (single up front) and worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea! I'll keep that in mind :wink: For now, 32T should be enough for my level of fitness & the area in which I will be riding most of the time!

rides4beer

by rides4beer

nunokas wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:04 pm
Soigneur kit?
Nope, had the shop run full housings to the mechs, he said it was actually pretty easy to run the housings. Haven't ridden it yet, pouring rain, prob won't be able to take her out till Tuesday, but it shifts fine in the stand and nothing binds when turning the bars, so I think it'll work out ok. Eventually I'll go di2 with an F1 cockpit, but this will work for a while. :thumbup:

pmprego

by pmprego

rides4beer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:16 pm
nunokas wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:04 pm
Soigneur kit?
Nope, had the shop run full housings to the mechs, he said it was actually pretty easy to run the housings. Haven't ridden it yet, pouring rain, prob won't be able to take her out till Tuesday, but it shifts fine in the stand and nothing binds when turning the bars, so I think it'll work out ok. Eventually I'll go di2 with an F1 cockpit, but this will work for a while. :thumbup:
Nice build. Does this bike have the limiter (like 45° angle) when turning the bars?

I think this solution is the best approach to hiding the cables from all manufacturers.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

pmprego wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Nice build. Does this bike have the limiter (like 45° angle) when turning the bars?

I think this solution is the best approach to hiding the cables from all manufacturers.
Yes it does have the limiter. I like Cannondale's solution, can have no visible cables with a one piece cockpit if you want, but the headset bearing are still easy to service.

pmprego

by pmprego

rides4beer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:13 pm
pmprego wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Yes it does have the limiter. I like Cannondale's solution, can have no visible cables with a one piece cockpit if you want, but the headset bearing are still easy to service.
I think the solution you have there is way batter than an integrated cockpit (I'm against integrated cockpits) - you can always swap a stem for something different you want to.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Very nice bike! And well done for hide those cables.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Got her out for a ride, and while she's def faster than my gravel bike (not surprised), what really wowed me is the handling. I've read people talking about how great the SuperSix handles, and it's true, it's almost telepathic. This is one of my regular loops, so I know every inch of it, and in curves where I usually pull back a lil, it was totally smooth and wanted more (same wheels/tires that I use for the road on the gravel bike, so the only difference is the bike itself). The roads were still wet too, so I didn't even push it that hard, looking forward to really hammering it when it's dry out.

Nothing you guys don't already know, but damn, very impressed on my first ride. :D

bet1216

by bet1216

deleted double post
Last edited by bet1216 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

bet1216

by bet1216

rides4beer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Great looking bike and clean build. I love the choice of the Zipp cockpit. I have been torn between the stock KNOT and the zipp.

req110

by req110

https://www.velonews.com/gear/road-gear ... ough-2023/

Seems to be custom paintjob for Alex Howes? Very cool.
#1 Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod 2021 @ 6542g
#GR Factor LS AXS 2021 @ 83xxg
#XC Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup 2019 @ 9999g

rides4beer

by rides4beer

bet1216 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:25 am
Great looking bike and clean build. I love the choice of the Zipp cockpit. I have been torn between the stock KNOT and the zipp.
Had the same setup on my Tarmac (altho in a 42, went narrow this time to see if I like it, no issues on the one ride so far lol), and really liked it, stiff but still comfortable. I like the bit of flare in the drops too. Also, Zipp is considerably lighter than the Knot setup. 110mm stem and 38cm bars are 367g.

Got her on the scale, 8.30kg with pedals, cages, and computer mount. Also weighed the gravel bike, I was a bit off, she's 9.2kg in full trim, but I was right that the SSE def felt lighter. lol

Should easily be under 8kg when she's done, which I'll be perfectly happy with. :thumbup:

by Weenie