Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I think the key question Is whether the frame is BB30 or PF30, I pushed the BB out to make some space but the only the bearing came out and not then whole cup (like PF).

Hard to explain but the BB looks like BB30 with a permanent bonded sleeve, rather than the ‘normal’ FSA plastic sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CamW

by CamW

Its PF30a. You said it yourself, youve just pushed out the bearing and not the cup. Most PF30(a) bottom brackets come with a metal rather than plastic cup nowadays.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

card0s wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:32 pm
They are most probably very well-done renderings.
Definitely not renderings.

They have a studio with fixed lighting and jigs to hold the frame, so naturally the angles and lighting will match.

Look a bit closer. Seat rail bolt sticks out more one one. The BB lettering is different place. Serial number sticker is slightly further back on one than the other.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:09 pm
I think the key question Is whether the frame is BB30 or PF30, I pushed the BB out to make some space but the only the bearing came out and not then whole cup (like PF).

Hard to explain but the BB looks like BB30 with a permanent bonded sleeve, rather than the ‘normal’ FSA plastic sleeve.
What CamW said... You might be able to wiggle out the blue center sleeve without having to press the cups out of the frame to help you route your wiring and junction box, it shouldn't be too hard with the plastic access doors removed underneath.

Usually the 4 port box is installed 'wherever it makes sense in a particular frame'... meaning where there is room, not too far from an access point and in a way it wont move/rattle. In my case, I stuck a little piece of industrial strength velcro (hook and loop tape) to the inside of the downtube, on the lower side, just ahead of the BB area, and the opposite velcro piece on the junction box, so I just pressed it there and it stays there, but it's easy enough to remove if I ever need to... A friend of mine hot glues it in place, but that's another story... :mrgreen:

In my old Synapse, I just wrapped the box with a cut-out pice of an old tube and it could be squeezed between the frame and the permanent metal BB sleeve tightly enough that it never moved in years.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:40 am
card0s wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:32 pm
They are most probably very well-done renderings.
Definitely not renderings.

They have a studio with fixed lighting and jigs to hold the frame, so naturally the angles and lighting will match.

Look a bit closer. Seat rail bolt sticks out more one one. The BB lettering is different place. Serial number sticker is slightly further back on one than the other.
They're usually photos, some side shots are sometimes not and obviously so, they're more illustrations than photos but these are just made for internal use, as references for the manufacturer/painter and shops to get an early preview to decide what to order. These sometimes leak out like the early images we had of the new Evo SE and CX a few months ago.

In many cases though, they need to produce the good images before they have access to samples of all the colorways on hand. So they take a bunch of photos of the sample frame they have and they then mock-up the various paint jobs in Photoshop. I saw the working files of all the catalog/website Scalpels a few years ago, and they were all done with a single bike, the other models, paint AND parts, were all put together in Photoshop from that single bike.

What matters is, the images on the Evo framesets are the wrong ones, there was never any rim brake Hi-Mod of the 3rd gen Evo and there will never be. And if what makes you doubt is the paint being slightly different, blame whoever photoshopped it wrong or the people who made the paint samples on the wrong frames or whoever put these on the website instead of the right disc brake ones.

Easy enough to verify, any Cannondale dealer has access to all the info of the bike models and framesets Cannondale has, if they're sold out, if they have ETA availability dates, if they're discontinued, etc. So you can ask them to check for a Hi-Mod 3rd gen Evo with rim brakes and they'll probably tell you to stop living in the past or another polite way to say there is no such thing.

Hls2k6

by Hls2k6

With apologies, I'm sure parts of this question were answered earlier in this thread, but I'm struggling to find them.

I'd like to replace the Knot bar & stem with an Enve aero bar & stem. Any advice on the best way to do this as cleanly as possible would be truly appreciated.

Are the smallest spacers that came with my bike all
I need to get rid of the huge-in-back spacer for the Knot stem, or is the adapter for a third-party stem something different?

Any advice on the cleanest way to tuck the cables under the stem? Some sort of shrink tube?

Any reason not to use this bar & stem? I really like the Enve shape & used it for years on the prior gen Evo.

Thank you very much.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Stock ‘low mod’ 105, stripped and built back with UDi2. Other features:

- Wheels are Farsports Feder with D230 hubs
- cranks SISL2 with 4iiii power meter
- Bars Roval Rapide (AKA Aerofly III)
- CCCache mount for Kalloy Uno
- 11/32 XG1190 to help me up the steep bits!
- 31mm enve tubeless tyres

All in, 6.837kg. Have a Hylix post coming which should drop me the last 37g.

Built to bike pack my way to the Alps in 2 weeks - now the obsessive weight weenie task of weighing every single item I am carrying Image

Gary71

by Gary71

Discodan wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:40 pm
I put it an inch or two up the downtube

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Same, wrapped in foam and tape to prevent any rattling.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Gary71 wrote:
Discodan wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:40 pm
I put it an inch or two up the downtube

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Same, wrapped in foam and tape to prevent any rattling.
All done - thanks for the input. Have done loads of PF30 builds but the latest model has a different design (looks mainly aesthetic) and didn’t recognise it.

Di2 gubbins now shoved up the down tube as normal!!

cerro

by cerro

Beancouter: Lovely, makes me miss mine a bit.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Prosper00 wrote:Here's mine. A hairline crack developing where the pin is striking the head tube. Bitterly sad about it, my bike was £5000, you'd think CDale would develop something that doesn't literally eat itself.

I've considered putting a claim in but expect that it'll take a year for a new frame under current circumstances.
Dear lord. Are you still riding it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
By the way, the shop said mine is “fine.” I’ll take them at their word I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

parma

by parma

Hello mate, could you tell me the configuration of the wheels, profile, center, spokes ...
Beancouter wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Built to bike pack my way to the Alps in 2 weeks - now the obsessive weight weenie task of weighing every single item I am carrying Image

parma

by parma

Hello mate, could you tell me the configuration of the wheels, profile, center, spokes ...
Beancouter wrote:

canterbizzle

by canterbizzle

bike back from builer but a rotor is warped from factory so being trued (is that a word). Hollowgram chainset en route and will be swapped out. Also spacers on until bike fit...

ImageUntitled by canterbizzle, on Flickr

Beancouter

by Beancouter

parma wrote:Hello mate, could you tell me the configuration of the wheels, profile, center, spokes ...
Beancouter wrote:

Best to check out Wheelsfar.com - look up Feder trim with Farsports Rd230 hub. There are a number of choices on rim spec, spokes,etc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com