Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Discodan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:51 am
Got the price from Cannondale Australia for the carbon Knot seatpost today: AUD500 which is about USD340

That’s a pretty ridiculous price for a seatpost but there’s 100g on the table. Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
100g is quite a lot.

It would probably be 2 years before we get stock in sunny South Africa.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Discodan wrote:
Got the price from Cannondale Australia for the carbon Knot seatpost today: AUD500 which is about USD340

That’s a pretty ridiculous price for a seatpost but there’s 100g on the table. Decisions decisions

My lbs told me it will be around 200 euros which sounds way more realistic. No regular carbon seat post costs 340 dollars.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

bibirider8

by bibirider8

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:39 pm
Deda are adding an updated version of their Alanera integrated bars for 2020, the Alanera DCR with internal hose/wires/cables routing... It's a good looking bar especially with the new more subtle graphics option. I'm not sure how it would look on the SuperSix Evo but its more angular/boxy design would probably fit a lot better with the Evo frame design than the wavy/curvy shape of a Vision Metron. Click the pic for more info but more details like claimed weight should be released at Eurobike.

The sharp bend makes it look probably a bad idea for mechanical drivetrains though and it's probably a PITA to travel with. And another thing, the 'roll' of the bar is quite old school, very low/forward so it might not work well for everyone. Personally I prefer the section behind the hoods to be closer to horizontal than pointing too much downward, a big advantage of the stock KNØT bars.
Look like the Syncros Creston ICSL !!

refthimos

by refthimos

bibirider8 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:30 am
Look like the Syncros Creston ICSL !!
The graphic does, yes, but the top of the bar is traditional (I.e. straight across) while the Syncros has that bend.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

furiousferret

by furiousferret

IMO, a big change in the industry is going to be 3rd party integrated bars will also have spacers and adapters for the popular frames. You'll probably have to special order them, but that's the only way they can compete with the clean look of an in house cockpit.

MGS

by MGS

Discodan wrote:

Who ever told you that price is on crack. They are about $350rrp aud. I ordered one today.

ellegi

by ellegi

Have a question for the forum, since I'm a little puzzled: my LBS is proposing me the SS EVO3 with mech DA (€6.500 list price) + swapping derailleurs, levers and cables with Di2 for additional €1.000.

The result is similar to the top-end Dura Ace Di2 model (€10.500 list price) apart from SiSL2 crankset and HollowGram SL wheels, for €3.000 less. Is there anything I'm missing? Otherwise I think this is the way I'll go for it.

slashy

by slashy

from what I see there is the wheels , tires, crank, cassette , saddle and brake discs that are different. if I were in this postion i'd go for the ultegra di2 version which has the SL wheels (more important to me than ultegra vs dura ace levers and derailleurs, unless you plan on replacing the wheelset anyway)

hannawald

by hannawald

it depends if both frames are hi-mod version..

ellegi

by ellegi

Thanks slashy, it makes sense. I'm still making up my mind on wheels, whether to keep the HolloGrams or replace them and I will evaluate the Ultegra option too.

All these frames are Hi-Mod, so the premium for the DA Di2 is still difficult to justify in my opinion.

TomSte

by TomSte

Hello!
I've just ordered the new SuSi Evo 105 Disc and as an upgrade the Knot27 Carbon seatpost with zero offset.
My plan is to upgrade the bike with Ultegra DI2 and a 50mm Aero wheelset.
But I cannot decide on a bar and stem (combination). Of course, the bar should have an internal routing of all cables.
Could you please help me with some advice what bar and stem (combination) I should buy for the bike?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards Tom

furiousferret

by furiousferret

TomSte wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 pm
Hello!
I've just ordered the new SuSi Evo 105 Disc and as an upgrade the Knot27 Carbon seatpost with zero offset.
My plan is to upgrade the bike with Ultegra DI2 and a 50mm Aero wheelset.
But I cannot decide on a bar and stem (combination). Of course, the bar should have an internal routing of all cables.
Could you please help me with some advice what bar and stem (combination) I should buy for the bike?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards Tom
I was torn on this for a long time and ended up going with the standard KNOT stuff. It was between that and the Metron, but I had concerns over cracks which seems to be fairly common. The KNOT stuff is going to look the cleanest as well. In year or two that may not be the case.

There's a fair chance I may put it on the scale and be so appauled at the weight I ebay them and order something lighter.

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Discodan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm
Our Korean mechanic friend seems to now be selling his stopper conversion kits to run mechanical shifting with internal cable routing. I was going to get the 105 bike and go etap22 but the ultegra bike and this kit could be a viable option.

I will see if I can find pricing and how to actually buy it

https://m.blog.naver.com/mtbkim/221611972147

how is it ?

floriansantana

by floriansantana

TomSte wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 pm
I'm running mine with a normal FSA OS-99 stem and a 3T Superergo carbon bar. I attached the cables together with heat shrink and it links pretty clean. Plus it's probably the lightest option if you want a lightweight bike.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Discodan

by Discodan

ch00bzs wrote:
Discodan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm
Our Korean mechanic friend seems to now be selling his stopper conversion kits to run mechanical shifting with internal cable routing. I was going to get the 105 bike and go etap22 but the ultegra bike and this kit could be a viable option.

I will see if I can find pricing and how to actually buy it

https://m.blog.naver.com/mtbkim/221611972147

how is it ?
I’ve ended up ordering a Di2 groupset so won’t go down the path of needing the internal cable stopper. I’d be interested to hear if anyone tries one to see what the shifting quality is like

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com