Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g32ecs

by g32ecs

C36 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:00 pm
need to swallow 600g of cockpit.
Oy.

https://tenor.com/view/spit-take-laugh-lmao-gif-9271200
Attachments
tenor.gif

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

brearley wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:49 pm
Is there a lighter solution to pf30a bottom bracket than the token ninja setup?
As they all seem to screw together I'm thinking none are going to be sub 100g and I'd consider full ceramic replacements to the bearings to drop weight further
I buy ROTOR PF4630 BB CERAMIC RED , its 101grams

S6ED

by S6ED

novalrasidi wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:12 am
brearley wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:49 pm
Is there a lighter solution to pf30a bottom bracket than the token ninja setup?
As they all seem to screw together I'm thinking none are going to be sub 100g and I'd consider full ceramic replacements to the bearings to drop weight further
I buy ROTOR PF4630 BB CERAMIC RED , its 101grams
The stock Cannondale alloy PF30 cups are lighter than all other options, I believe.

A simple and, according to my experience of about 25.000km on my Evo2, effective solution.
Attachments
cannondale-bottom-bracket-pf30-srm-powermeter-kp197-srm.jpg

jamesberger

by jamesberger

cable stop.jpg
Can someone please tell me where I can order one of these?

roeman

by roeman

Does anyone have the weight of the Knot 45 SL wheelset.

Cheers
Giant XTC Team 2014
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 2016
Cannondale Scalpel Si 2018 Team
Cervelo S5 Dura Ace - Enve 4.5's

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

roeman wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:35 pm
Does anyone have the weight of the Knot 45 SL wheelset.

Cheers
I think it's around 1575gr, not super light for a 45mm rim but not bad considering how wide it is.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

The HG 35's on the new SS are right at 1650g including axles but without discs.

flashpunk

by flashpunk

I'm going to be picking up the Force Etap build this coming weekend, and im likely going to be swapping the crank out for power (and to shave a few grams). It appears as though

Can someone confirm that I will need a crank with a BB30 spindle (without changing the bb)?

hernejj

by hernejj

flashpunk wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm
I'm going to be picking up the Force Etap build this coming weekend, and im likely going to be swapping the crank out for power (and to shave a few grams). It appears as though

Can someone confirm that I will need a crank with a BB30 spindle (without changing the bb)?
The way I understand it, most 30mm cranks SHOULD work. BB386 EVO, and BB30 (newer/longer models should fit) are what I evaluated before I settled on SRAM Red BB30 with integrated spider. You may just need to add/remove spacers to get everything to fit without play. After picking something you can always post it here and someone should be able to tell you if it will work or not.

flashpunk

by flashpunk

hernejj wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:27 pm
flashpunk wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm

The way I understand it, most 30mm cranks SHOULD work. BB386 EVO, and BB30 (newer/longer models should fit) are what I evaluated before I settled on SRAM Red BB30 with integrated spider. You may just need to add/remove spacers to get everything to fit without play. After picking something you can always post it here and someone should be able to tell you if it will work or not.
Thanks, yeah, im leaning towards the SRAM Red Axs Cranks w/power meter.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Given you have Force eTAP AXS 12 speed groupset, the safer bet is sticking with something with SRAM AXS 12 speed chainrings. According to SRAM, their Red/Force AXS chains are not compatible with other chainrings and other 12 speed chains are not compatible with their AXS drivetrains as well... They were saying the same with 11 speed eTAP which was non-sense to convince people to buy their stuff but with AXS's chain rollers being a slightly different size, they might have a valid point this time...

But, I have seen a few bikes built with non AXS rings and chains that worked with Red or Force AXS groupsets and it works, in a workstand at least, how good and for how long though remains to be seen.
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Dan Gerous wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:55 pm
Given you have Force eTAP AXS 12 speed groupset, the safer bet is sticking with something with SRAM AXS 12 speed chainrings. According to SRAM, their chain is not compatible with other chainrings and other 12 speed chains are not compatible with theird AXS drivetrains as well... they were saying the same with 11 speed eTAP which was non-sense to convince people to buy their stuff but with AXS's chain rollers being a slightly different size, they might be right...

But, I have seen a few bikes built with non AXS rings and chains that worked with Red or Force AXS groupsets and it works, in a workstand at least, how good and for how long though remains to be seen.
Thanks yeah, thats also what im thinking. The RED AXS cranks are the way to go for sure, just not sure if i should get DUB or GXP?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I'm guessing the bike's stock crankset is a Force DUB with a DUB PF30 bottom bracket, in which a DUB Red crankset should fit right in. I'm guessing it's DUB as it would make little sense for Cannondale to spec the bike with a GXP has it has no advantage over a lighter and stiffer DUB on any bikes that can fit DUB.

Discodan

by Discodan

jamesberger wrote:
cable stop.jpg
I believe the maker uses the tag Kimchi Mechanic or similar and is out of Korea. I don’t know if anyone has had any luck being able to order them internationally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jamesberger

by jamesberger

Discodan wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:04 pm
jamesberger wrote:
cable stop.jpg
I believe the maker uses the tag Kimchi Mechanic or similar and is out of Korea. I don’t know if anyone has had any luck being able to order them internationally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you Discodan!