Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

S6ED

by S6ED

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCfVBo0neQb ... _copy_link

Matte finish team replica frameset - is this new? Looks kinda cool.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

S6ED wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:24 pm

I doubt it's a genuine factory option, definitely not a 2021 anyway since the EF recplica is now blue with the blocky pink/purple pattern. I thought it was matte protective vinyl but it looks more permanent, custom revarnish maybe. My Evo being mostly matte, you don't want that anyway, much harder to clean and the most little bit of sweat, grease and dirt shows a lot more than on a gloss frame IMO, matte looks good in showrooms (and instagram) but I prefer gloss finish for day to day practicality, just a quick wipe and it's clean again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:50 pm
S6ED wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:24 pm

I doubt it's a genuine factory option, definitely not a 2021 anyway since the EF recplica is now blue with the blocky pink/purple pattern. I thought it was matte protective vinyl but it looks more permanent, custom revarnish maybe. My Evo being mostly matte, you don't want that anyway, much harder to clean and the most little bit of sweat, grease and dirt shows a lot more than on a gloss frame IMO, matte looks good in showrooms (and instagram) but I prefer gloss finish for day to day practicality, just a quick wipe and it's clean again.
I've never had a matte bike, so I kinda find it appealing. But you're right, a glossy finish is the most practical for everyday use. This one could be a custom refinish, as you mention. Looking forward to the frameset options for the European market!

By the way, have you had any seatpost issues yourself? Looks like it's not an uncommon issue.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

S6ED wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:37 pm
By the way, have you had any seatpost issues yourself? Looks like it's not an uncommon issue.
No issues at all with my seatpost, everything is silent, no movement or slippage despite the base nut being slightly not centered. I was just generous with Phil Wood grease around the wedge and nut and generous with Finish Line carbon paste around the seatpost, then torqued to specs. I know a few persons with the bike here and nobody has had any issues either.

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:27 pm
S6ED wrote:
No issues at all with my seatpost, everything is silent, no movement or slippage despite the base nut being slightly not centered. I was just generous with Phil Wood grease around the wedge and nut and generous with Finish Line carbon paste around the seatpost, then torqued to specs. I know a few persons with the bike here and nobody has had any issues either.
thanks!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

That Rapha edition was still being sold as of a couple months ago and it’s even being ridden by a women’s team (DNA Pro Cycling.)

Morritz

by Morritz

S6ED wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:48 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
S6ED wrote:
thanks!
I stripped my seatpost out (again :x ) at the weekend and realigned the 'nut' once again. This time though, I used a different grease and carbon paste. Three rides in and i've not heard ANYTHING...... fingers crossed.
Cannondale SS HM 2020
@pistaboy

S6ED

by S6ED

Morritz wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:10 pm
S6ED wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:48 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
S6ED wrote:
thanks!
I stripped my seatpost out (again :x ) at the weekend and realigned the 'nut' once again. This time though, I used a different grease and carbon paste. Three rides in and i've not heard ANYTHING...... fingers crossed.
🙏

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Avoid grease that is too liquid, too thin, it just runs off, breaks down and doesn't stay where it should for long and can find its way down along the seatpost, then the post has more chances to slip down. I think the gold grease that comes with the clamp is a bit too liquid persnally and if you use Muc-Off Bio-grease, it's not good at all for that application... in fact, do yourself a favor and throw it away, it's not good for anything but very temporary lubing or as a scent, it's just way too liquid to be called grease and it just breaks down in no time, the only positive thing about it is that it smells nice.

Something much thicker will stay where you apply it far longer, a much better to choice.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

by the way, i noticed the e-bike version of supersix the "Neo" started to use T47 bottom bracket. my first thought was that may be they need this for for e-bike motor/chainline spec, but then i spotted they even have a T47 hollowgram crank. i doubt cannondale will start a new spec for their crank just for e-bike, so i would imagine the next batch of supersix non-e-bike will switch to T47 too.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Someone recommended Motorex carbon paste to me several years ago and it's been great. Not as gritty/abrasive as many other carbon pastes and never had a problem with slippage. The bottle I bought says "Carbon Grease" ... assuming the currently named "Carbon Paste" is the same stuff.

matcav

by matcav

Do somebody know the difference between these two?

KNOT SYSTEMBAR (CP2129U1040 in 400mm)
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... emBar/LO5V

HOLLOWGRAM KNOT SYSTEMBAR (CP2650U1040 in 400mm)
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... emBar/NJ0I

S6ED

by S6ED

WorkonSunday wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 am
by the way, i noticed the e-bike version of supersix the "Neo" started to use T47 bottom bracket. my first thought was that may be they need this for for e-bike motor/chainline spec, but then i spotted they even have a T47 hollowgram crank. i doubt cannondale will start a new spec for their crank just for e-bike, so i would imagine the next batch of supersix non-e-bike will switch to T47 too.
Interesting! :o

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

matcav wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:15 pm
Do somebody know the difference between these two?

KNOT SYSTEMBAR (CP2129U1040 in 400mm)
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... emBar/LO5V

HOLLOWGRAM KNOT SYSTEMBAR (CP2650U1040 in 400mm)
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... emBar/NJ0I
First one is the SuperSix bar, second one is the SystemSix. Geometry and shapes are different, the SystemSix one has more flare so it's narrower at the hoods and the top section is wider front to back. So if you are looking for a 40cm, the SuperSix will measure 40cm at the hoods, 42 at the drops, the SystemSix 38 at the hoods and 41 at the drops. I think the SystemSix one is stiffer as well.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.03.55.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.04.03.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

WorkonSunday wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:52 am
Adding 100 grams is a non-issue for an e-bike so T47 makes sense there, easier to install, theorically less maintenance (something I'm guessing e-bikes owners will barely do)... makes less sense for a human powered race bike, some people would cry for less added weight than that! :mrgreen:

T47 is just a BB interface, how the BB mates to the frame, it doesn't change the crankset as the Neos just use a T47 BB for BB30 30mm spindles, it's just a normal Hollowgram.