Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

freespeed

by freespeed

card0s wrote:
freespeed wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:35 am
Bfriesen wrote:
RDY wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:31 pm
I'd suggest lodging a warranty crash replacement claim directly with Cannondale.
Yeah, definitely do this. It won't be quick (I was recently quoted September for a replacement frame) I was told that my bike was safe to ride until then and that the damage was "cosmetic", but then your damage is much worse than mine. I'm not sure if I buy that, or if I'm comfortable riding it, but I guess we'll see. But at least you will have a new frame (hopefully) for free.
I am in the UK and I also had a crash on my SuperSix which has left the fork unrepairable (the frame is ok), I had it assessed by a professional carbon repairer.

How do I go about getting a replacement fork/frame from Cannondale directly? My LBS have contacted them and they are just saying ‘we don’t have anything’. Cannondale provide no contact details on their website either which is very frustrating.

It has left me with no bike after an accident which wasn’t my fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I had my Supersix frame replaced under warranty and I kept the original fork.
I can sell it if you are interested. It has less than 200kms on it and it has been cut, but it still has space to put some spacers under the stem.
Thanks cardOs, I will get in touch! Am I able to DM you on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

card0s

by card0s

I just replied to you!
Sorry for the off topic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

R3nlot

by R3nlot

Can anyone tell me which saddle rails are supported on the supersix 2021 himod Team Replica?

ry5n

by ry5n

R17anm wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:59 pm
Im guessing the latest palace x rapha paint jobs being on the current supersix means there won’t be a new one at the tour ☹️
At first I wondered if the Palace × Rapha edition was the new frame. The UCI lists only sizes 51 to 58, which match the sizes Cannondale is offering for the Palace edition. I also wondered if they were doing a lighter layup to compensate for all that paint, which would make sense with the new frame code being “CANN-S6SL”.

But no, the frame decal on the Palace × Rapha bikes is still the current Supersix.
Ruben Guerreiro’s Tour de Future Cannondale Supersix showing UCI frame code CANN-S6D-RD. Credit: cyclist.co.uk
Ruben Guerreiro’s Tour de Future Cannondale Supersix showing UCI frame code CANN-S6D-RD. Credit: cyclist.co.uk
That indicates either plans changed, or there’s an “SL” version of the current Evo still planned. Back in March Cannondale told CyclingTips “This is a limited-edition model that will launch soon”.

It’s curious to come out with the Place × Rapha edition for the Tour and still have this in the hopper 🤔

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

The SS evo update was purported to be lightweight, but there would be no reason to get new UCI approval for a bike that may only have a different layup. I do not believe Scott got new approval for when the last gen Foil disc hid the cables. I think when the new Evo comes out, it will b a limited edition launch of a redesign. Hope it moves in the direction of the SL7 or propel since it looks like the SysSix is dead

ry5n

by ry5n

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:43 am
I think when the new Evo comes out, it will b a limited edition launch of a redesign
That makes a lot of sense. With production issues likely to continue for some time, this lets them launch something without the expectation of meeting normal volumes.

My only question then is: is it still coming this year? Cannondale told Cyclingtips “soon” in March; we heard rumours of an Evo/SystemSix replacement for the summer… but nothing at the Tour or Eurobike. If it’s coming, what’s the remaining time frame?

njleach

by njleach

When did the current model SS launch? Was it mid-2019? If so, it is due for a refresh

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

ry5n wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:46 am
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:43 am
I think when the new Evo comes out, it will b a limited edition launch of a redesign
That makes a lot of sense. With production issues likely to continue for some time, this lets them launch something without the expectation of meeting normal volumes.

My only question then is: is it still coming this year? Cannondale told Cyclingtips “soon” in March; we heard rumours of an Evo/SystemSix replacement for the summer… but nothing at the Tour or Eurobike. If it’s coming, what’s the remaining time frame?
End of the Tour? Lackluster but after that would be Vuelta

ry5n

by ry5n

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:26 am
Seems strange to announce another special edition Supersix right on the heels of the Palace one. And between the end of the TDF Femmes and the start of the Vuelta is only 19 days 🤔

The only thing that would make sense if they’re still planning a new frame this year is if the Palace ones are a very limited edition…

…aaaand that seems to be the case. Sold out already in the US, UK, France. It appears there were only 4 available in all of Canada. Huh. I guess we’ll see if something else shows up in August or September.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

ry5n wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:56 am
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:26 am
Seems strange to announce another special edition Supersix right on the heels of the Palace one. And between the end of the TDF Femmes and the start of the Vuelta is only 19 days 🤔

The only thing that would make sense if they’re still planning a new frame this year is if the Palace ones are a very limited edition…

…aaaand that seems to be the case. Sold out already in the US, UK, France. It appears there were only 4 available in all of Canada. Huh. I guess we’ll see if something else shows up in August or September.
But Palace is a repaint, this new limited edition bike sounds like it will be a new design. Why would they seek UCI approval for a simple lighten-ing? I think the new Evo will be teased soon but the release may be delayed due to supply issues? Look at lead time on new Madone

ChairmanJiang

by ChairmanJiang

ry5n wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:29 am
R17anm wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:59 pm
Im guessing the latest palace x rapha paint jobs being on the current supersix means there won’t be a new one at the tour ☹️
At first I wondered if the Palace × Rapha edition was the new frame. The UCI lists only sizes 51 to 58, which match the sizes Cannondale is offering for the Palace edition. I also wondered if they were doing a lighter layup to compensate for all that paint, which would make sense with the new frame code being “CANN-S6SL”.

But no, the frame decal on the Palace × Rapha bikes is still the current Supersix.

That indicates either plans changed, or there’s an “SL” version of the current Evo still planned. Back in March Cannondale told CyclingTips “This is a limited-edition model that will launch soon”.

It’s curious to come out with the Place × Rapha edition for the Tour and still have this in the hopper 🤔
The limited edition SSE is called "Leichtbau" and I've been seeing the PDF for two months, but the release keeps getting delayed...

jch3n

by jch3n

Eyeing a used 56cm non hi-mod frameset and toying with some ideas. How reasonable is it to build up a non hi-mod to ~7kg?

I have Ultegra mechanical (non-hydro with Juintech calipers), a Rotor Aldhu crankset, a ~1300g wheelset, and touchpoints I would transfer over from a different bike. That bike is a 54cm Cervelo C3 I have sitting at 7.3kg. I'm not optimistic the SSE would be appreciably lighter but I want to try a bike with some degree of aero/integration. Has anyone stripped the paint one of these third-gen Evos? Reckon it could save another ~100g?

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

may be you guys can help me out. when i was browsing for geometries figures for my supersix on Velogicfit Frame Comparison tool. i notice there are quite a few version of the supersix. i know websites like this sometimes get it wrong, so perhaps let's confirm it here.

How many version of the supersix do we have since it moved onto the dropped seatstay design? (not including e-bike)

rim brake:
supersix evo only? i dont think there was a hi-mod version.

disc brake:
supersix (no evo designation, does this exist?)
supersix evo
supersix evo hi-mod
supersix SE
supersix CX

are there more? the frame comparison seems to suggest that there is a Mark 3 and there is a Mark 4 but geometries are the same. :o
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

ry5n

by ry5n

jch3n wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:27 am
Eyeing a used 56cm non hi-mod frameset and toying with some ideas. How reasonable is it to build up a non hi-mod to ~7kg?
I suspect you're right—less than 7.3 with Ultegra mechanical sounds tough. Based on figures posted here early on, the Evo 3 frame in size 56 is ~1 kg, fork ~440 g. I haven't confirmed the frame weight personally but the seatpost weight is accurate.

S6E 3 frame, fork, seatpost weights
S6E 3 frame, fork, seatpost weights
Last edited by ry5n on Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ry5n

by ry5n

I may have a brand new 2022 Supersix Evo Standard-Mod frameset available for sale in October. It's a warranty replacement and I'm considering selling and stepping up to a Hi-Mod frame.

Size 51, Black Pearl colorway.

Anyone interested? Price would be negotiable. At this point I'm gauging interest but drop me a PM :)

C21_C11551F_SuperSix_EVO_Crb_CRB_PD_CROP.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com