Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RDY

by RDY

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:28 pm

And… speaking of which. I just decided to check it out to see if there was anything suspicious there and I think I see on one side the start of the gouging/delamination process. Maybe I’m going crazy again. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looks like it. Gouging and a clear cut / split.

It really is a joke that Cannondale haven't issued a recall on the entire MY2020.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

I would remove the fork, then cut it with saw
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

req110 wrote:What model year do you have? A my2020 or my2021?
I would encourage all the my2020 customers to cut out the metal limit pin on the fork.
It’s a MY2020. Has the metal limit pin which also has what looks like carbon on it. More of the substance which is likely carbon on the side of the pin corresponding to the side where the damage is.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Cut ittt

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Remove the fork and inspect inside the frame to make sure

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

But serious note, i woudnt cut it, if something happens and need warranty,it might not pass

RDY

by RDY

Warranty the frame and make a big fuss about it. They might get you a replacement sooner.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Mcdeez wrote:Remove the fork and inspect inside the frame to make sure
I pulled the fork down as far as I could without disconnecting the brakes and looked inside. Didn’t see any obvious gouging path, but not sure what else that damage could be. If it’s not from the metal pin, I’d be worried that there is some kind of void or issue there and probably still get it warrantied.

When I buy an expensive product especially, I expect it to work. I’ve had more problems with this bike than most nice things I’ve ever owned. Don’t know if I’ll ever buy from or recommend Cannondale ever again.

I’m a simple man and one of the handful of things in this world that really make me happy (along with my family and photography and a few other things) is cycling. When I can’t cycle because my equipment might not be safe or isn’t working as it should, it’s so upsetting.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:Remove the fork and inspect inside the frame to make sure
I pulled the fork down as far as I could without disconnecting the brakes and looked inside. Didn’t see any obvious gouging path, but not sure what else that damage could be. If it’s not from the metal pin, I’d be worried that there is some kind of void or issue there and probably still get it warrantied.

When I buy an expensive product especially, I expect it to work. I’ve had more problems with this bike than most nice things I’ve ever owned. Don’t know if I’ll ever buy from or recommend Cannondale ever again.

I’m a simple man and one of the handful of things in this world that really make me happy (along with my family and photography and a few other things) is cycling. When I can’t cycle because my equipment might not be safe or isn’t working as it should, it’s so upsetting.

I feel the pain, but i would ride it until the season ends and make a warranty claim during winter, since the "crack" is not visible inside

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

It looks more la a cut and not a crack, maybe during installation

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Mcdeez wrote:It looks more la a cut and not a crack, maybe during installation
Would that be an issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RDY

by RDY

Mcdeez wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:50 pm
The metal thing is effectively a blade ... so yes, cuts can happen, especially if there's a weak bit of laminate or small void in that area already. All the carbon on the 'knife' is coming from somewhere ....

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

RDY wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:50 pm
The metal thing is effectively a blade ... so yes, cuts can happen, especially if there's a weak bit of laminate or small void in that area already. All the carbon on the 'knife' is coming from somewhere ....
This is a good point. I’ll take it in to the shop where I bought it and have them look at it

Prosper00

by Prosper00

Here's mine. A hairline crack developing where the pin is striking the head tube. Bitterly sad about it, my bike was £5000, you'd think CDale would develop something that doesn't literally eat itself.

I've considered putting a claim in but expect that it'll take a year for a new frame under current circumstances.
Attachments
390F14AD-04B2-41B0-9529-37D54473FA7D.jpeg

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Prosper00 wrote:Here's mine. A hairline crack developing where the pin is striking the head tube. Bitterly sad about it, my bike was £5000, you'd think CDale would develop something that doesn't literally eat itself.

I've considered putting a claim in but expect that it'll take a year for a new frame under current circumstances.
Dear lord. Are you still riding it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com