Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trex

by trex

Question for those who have built their SuperSix on the new Shimano 12s.
What length of cables did you guys use? For the 56cm size is it better to use 600/1200mm or 700/1400mm?

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Shimano says to measure the tubes, round up to nearest 50mm and then add 50mm.

I ordered 600mm and 1200mm for my 58cm Venge. I'd go with that for a 56

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stewche

by Stewche

lucianoz wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:33 pm
Stewche wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:29 pm
Has anyone had issues with the seatpost slipping? I’ve had > 2500kms on my 2021 hi mod and it’s been fine. However, I recently had a bike fit and needed to move the post 5mm. Ever since It’s been moved it’s been constantly slipping. I’ve tried totally cleaning it and re greasing wedge / applying carbon paste to post and wedge then torquing to 6nm, even tried 7 but it still slips.
My wife's supersix had this problem. Even my mechanic didn't solved.
So, i've tried to do exactly the same as the owner's manual shows (page 16 to 19). And I solved.
I think the two things that make this possible is:
1. i used the fsa carbon past that came with the bike, then i passed into the seat post and the slidding clamp (the metal plate, pg. 17, item 3).
2. the seat binder must need to be straight (pg. 19 of the owner's manual) , even when you put the seatpost, then torque it to 6nm.

Here in Brazil, theres a lot of complaining about the seatpost slipping, mostly in the mtb, so Cannondale managed to substitute the slidding clamp to a similir, but with some kind of sandpaper or like a abrasive texture.

I hope that it was useful.
Cheers.
Hey, thanks for your response. I was using Fenwick carbon paste and that seems to have been the problem! I have since tried Weldtite paste which was suggested by my lbs and it has held after a 3 hour ride today so good news. Cannondale actually got back to me and recommended this specific paste and said it does matter what type you use - who knew :noidea: http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/s ... iber-grip-

Cheers

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

tfadoul wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:56 pm
A few pics of my recent build.
  • 2021/2022 SS Evo HM 54cm
  • systemstem/save bar 110mm -17
  • DA 9200, 11-30, direct mount hanger
  • Hollowgram spidering 52/36T, Si crankarms 165mm, Stages left arm
  • Princeton Carbon Works Dual 5550, i9 hubs, Corsa TLR 28mm (measures 29mm), Orange Seal
  • Fabric ALM, DA pedals, Arundle Madible, Framesandgear mount
A few more: https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1 ... Myclh4a2hR
beautiful!
what is the weight?

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Mine with new schwalbe tires
PXL_20220315_223529668.jpg
Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

tfadoul

by tfadoul

Mcdeez wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:42 pm
tfadoul wrote:
  • 2021/2022 SS Evo HM 54cm
  • systemstem/save bar 110mm -17
  • DA 9200, 11-30, direct mount hanger
  • Hollowgram spidering 52/36T, Si crankarms 165mm, Stages left arm
  • Princeton Carbon Works Dual 5550, i9 hubs, Corsa TLR 28mm (measures 29mm), Orange Seal
  • Fabric ALM, DA pedals, Arundle Madible, Framesandgear mount
A few more: https://photos.google.com/u/1/share/AF1 ... Myclh4a2hR
beautiful!
what is the weight?
swapped saddle to the Fizik Vento Argo 00 (137g measured), otherwise bike total as pictured with computer mount and cages is 7.33kg. Bar/stem is the main improvement area but I don't want to sacrifice the integrated look and I also like the bar feel quite a bit. Maybe a dedicated climbing wheelset in the future...we will see :) here are some unsolicited/subjective notes:
  • ride is so nice and aesthetically i love it. the paint is subtle from one angle and eye-catching at another. never had such a long wheelbase on a roadbike and i've also been riding undersized frames in the recent past. this bike feels so much more stable than what I am used to and just as sharp and fast feeling.
  • It obviously doesn't climb like my sub 14lb 2010 supersix but a climbing wheelset will remedy that and obviously this bike is much more capable all around.
  • the princeton wheels are sweet! 22mm internal hook to hook paired with the 28mm rubber creates a smooth profile, and this depth make this a really nice all-around everyday aero package at a decent weight (1440g claimed). Dont worry about the "all-road" wheel marketing. I also like that these are hooked as i'm running 72/75psi front/rear
  • I'm also pleased with the new Vento Argo 00. I've liked the Pro Stealth but always felt it is slightly too wide for me at the nose and the Argo is a bit narrower there. I really appreciate how the Argo kicks up slightly in the back like my all time favorite saddle the S-Works Chicane. It gives me another position and a backstop to push against. For how much padding this saddle has its impressively light.
  • My seatpost hasn't slipped (like other people have been mentioning) but I had a click in there that was fixed with a clean and reapplication of finishline friction paste.

tfadoul

by tfadoul

njleach wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:42 pm
tfadoul wrote:
Very nice! Weight? Also, what saddle bag is that?
https://www.morimono.jp/product-page/dy ... -bag-black (26g claimed)

CharlieDG

by CharlieDG

How easy is it to pack an SS with regular bar and stem into a hard case bike box? Can you just remove the stem from the steerer or are there issues with the cables through the headset? I'm a size 58.

DaiD

by DaiD

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked already, but it's a loooooong thread to wade through!

Has anyone fitted a new headset on their SS? Do the hydraulic lines need to be detached and refitted? Just trying to find out if I can DIY or if it needs the bike shop!

Had my SS since July 2019, been awesome with not a thing wrong with it. Just wear and tear now....

Thanks in advance!

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Upper bearing can be replaced without refitting brake hoses. For the lower you'll need to refit in 95% of the cases.
In some cases (long stem and short headtube) there is enough hose length to pull the fork out just enough and swap the lower bearing without rebleed if Shifters are dettached from the handlebar.

DaiD

by DaiD

That's very helpful thanks. I'm on a 54cm with no spacers so it might just work!

lexlion

by lexlion

Anyone interested in the Luescher ti headtube insert? I'm about to order one for myself and I'll probably get a few extra. LMK

Dorpel

by Dorpel

trex wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:25 pm
Question for those who have built their SuperSix on the new Shimano 12s.
What length of cables did you guys use? For the 56cm size is it better to use 600/1200mm or 700/1400mm?
600/1200 for size 51 here. Was enough

trex

by trex

Took the liberty of writing you an email.
matcav wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:34 pm
chase7545 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:34 pm
matcav wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:45 pm
ccparkhill wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:20 am

Are Cannondale providing a preemptive solution to 2020 owners then?
According to my lbs, yes.
I still have to stop there and have the Cannondale fix installed.
Hopefully next week I'll find the time and upload the result.
Did you ever get the official Cannondale fix installed? If so, what does it look like? Is it a metal insert? I asked my local dealer and they didn't know anything about it.
So here we are (sorry, busy times...)

This is what the official Cannondale fix looks like. My LBS (Berlin, Germany) got the plates from Cannondale with glue & instructions.
They also told me they installed a new seat clamp to get rid (hopefully) of the creaking noise.

Discodan

by Discodan

I finally got around to checking my 2020 SSE to see if the lock-stop was causing any frame damage. Apart from the copious amounts of red dust from a recent gravel race (with 34mm tyres it makes a pretty good fast gravel bike) there was no damage from the limiting pin and everything looked good. On that basis I can’t see much point in fitting the kit at this point.

The upper bearing was a mess so it looks like the weather sealing up top is not very good, fortunately it’s easy to check/replace on the SSE unlike many other integrated cockpits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com