Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Discodan

by Discodan

jch3n wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:27 am
Eyeing a used 56cm non hi-mod frameset and toying with some ideas. How reasonable is it to build up a non hi-mod to ~7kg?

I have Ultegra mechanical (non-hydro with Juintech calipers), a Rotor Aldhu crankset, a ~1300g wheelset, and touchpoints I would transfer over from a different bike. That bike is a 54cm Cervelo C3 I have sitting at 7.3kg. I'm not optimistic the SSE would be appreciably lighter but I want to try a bike with some degree of aero/integration. Has anyone stripped the paint one of these third-gen Evos? Reckon it could save another ~100g?
I've got the same frame and it's a 7.4kg build with a Ultegra Di2, 1500g wheelset, 380g cockpit, and heavy cranks. Nothing really WW except the 106g saddle. I think you could get pretty close to your 7.0 on that basis

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

freespeed

by freespeed

Can anyone help me with confirming the best rear brake hose routing through the head tube? Does it route next to the steerer? Or into the void between the frame and the vertical supports that are in the frame?

I assume it also travels round the left side of the head tube.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailgumby

by trailgumby

R3nlot wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:20 pm
Can anyone tell me which saddle rails are supported on the supersix 2021 himod Team Replica?
I have the 2022 edition. Assuming the seatpost is unchanged, it clamps vertically rather than from the side, so will accommodate any 7mm wide saddle rail, regardless of how tall. So, 7x9mm carbon rails will be fine.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

ry5n wrote:
jch3n wrote:
Eyeing a used 56cm non hi-mod frameset and toying with some ideas. How reasonable is it to build up a non hi-mod to ~7kg?
I suspect you're right—less than 7.3 with Ultegra mechanical sounds tough. Based on figures posted here early on, the Evo 3 frame in size 56 is ~1 kg, fork ~440 g. I haven't confirmed the frame weight personally but the seatpost weight is accurate.

Evo3 weights.png
If you see my build post, my standard mod SSE with ultegra was sub 6.8kg. I

I have just done some tinkering, adding the bits from my aethos (which i am selling) and have the Evo down to 6.475kg - that’s with FS wheels (1138g), DA and sisl2. Not really much more to save without going exotic….

ry5n

by ry5n

If you see my build post, my standard mod SSE with ultegra was sub 6.8kg
I stand (happily) corrected :)

Stendhal

by Stendhal

... and here it is, the Leichtbau, announced today.

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/canno ... ame-295037
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

Vivo66

by Vivo66

jch3n wrote:

I have Ultegra mechanical (non-hydro with Juintech calipers), a Rotor Aldhu crankset, a ~1300g wheelset, and touchpoints I would transfer over from a different bike. That bike is a 54cm Cervelo C3 I have sitting at 7.3kg. I'm not optimistic the SSE would be appreciably lighter but I want to try a bike with some degree of aero/integration. Has anyone stripped the paint one of these third-gen Evos? Reckon it could save another ~100g?
Pretty reasonable, my Ultegra normal mod is 6.7kg, a few budget upgrades. I imagine it would look like sh1t without paint...

Jimmyrn85

by Jimmyrn85

Beancouter wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 pm
ry5n wrote:
jch3n wrote:
I suspect you're right—less than 7.3 with Ultegra mechanical sounds tough. Based on figures posted here early on, the Evo 3 frame in size 56 is ~1 kg, fork ~440 g. I haven't confirmed the frame weight personally but the seatpost weight is accurate.

Evo3 weights.png
If you see my build post, my standard mod SSE with ultegra was sub 6.8kg. I

I have just done some tinkering, adding the bits from my aethos (which i am selling) and have the Evo down to 6.475kg - that’s with FS wheels (1138g), DA and sisl2. Not really much more to save without going exotic….

How come you're selling the Aethos?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Fundamentally, I need a size 56 frame with a decent length head tube to avoid too many spacers - the aethos ended up with 40mm having updated my bike fit (due to bad back) and just didn’t look right to me.

I should note that my cannondale is actually a bit lower than the bike fit recommended but living with it as I just feels more comfortable with my riding style

In terms of the ‘how does it look stripped’, just had my synapse Himod done … the carbon layup is definitely not as tidy as my Gen2 SSE Himod

KittenRidesBikes

by KittenRidesBikes

Stendhal wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:30 pm

That uses the older style of supersix. Saw the new one today. Seatpost is updated. among other welcomed changes

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

KittenRidesBikes wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:15 am
Stendhal wrote:

That uses the older style of supersix. Saw the new one today. Seatpost is updated. among other welcomed changes
Where do you saw it? Any photos?
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

JaimeC

by JaimeC

KittenRidesBikes wrote:
Stendhal wrote:

Any idea at all on release date? I've been holding out for the updated Supersix and curious how much longer I need to wait.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

JaimeC wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:34 pm
KittenRidesBikes wrote:
Stendhal wrote:

Any idea at all on release date? I've been holding out for the updated Supersix and curious how much longer I need to wait.
2023 models are available. I see no difference at all. Color is nothing i would deem as a difference. It's just make up!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

JaimeC

by JaimeC

wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:06 pm
JaimeC wrote:
KittenRidesBikes wrote:
Stendhal wrote:

2023 models are available. I see no difference at all. Color is nothing i would deem as a difference. It's just make up!
There have been rumors for a few months now that they are updating the frame this year, not just the color choices. Kittenridesbikes claims to have seen the updated version.

cavecreekgoat

by cavecreekgoat

JaimeC wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:37 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:06 pm
JaimeC wrote:
KittenRidesBikes wrote:

There have been rumors for a few months now that they are updating the frame this year, not just the color choices. Kittenridesbikes claims to have seen the updated version.
Just returned from my LBS, and they me showed what looked like an ordering page for a new Supersix EVO that is much more aero with down tube, seat tube and seat mast all more deeper/wider/aero. There were two colors for the EVO - all black and a black with a yellow fade on the fron third of the bike. They also mentioned that this could be Cannondale's light bike AND aero bike, potentially replacing the Supersix and Systemsix with this one bike. They were also told the new EVO will be lighter than the current model, as well as more aero. Also, there was a higher end/lighter version that was even lighter/more expensive. This lighter version would retail ~$6000 USD with the "regular" EVO (Hi-Mod?) at ~$4600 USD. Price for frameset only. I did NOT see this pricing myself, but this is what they expected.

I've been searching for more pics, etc but can't seem to find any. I'm am not saying everything I was told is correct, but would love to hear if others know more.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com