Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stueys

by Stueys

For those not running the SAVE bar/stem what stem are you using to still get a nice, clean look?

So far I think I'm going Roval Rapide bar and was thinking of getting the Tarmac SL7 stem with that (the integration looks very similar to Evo) but wondered what other options there are out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

card0s

by card0s

Farsports F1 seems to be the most used one.
I have it on mine, they do a 3D printed spacer to put below the bar/stem to keep everything nice and tidy.

Stueys

by Stueys

card0s wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:38 pm
Farsports F1 seems to be the most used one.
I have it on mine, they do a 3D printed spacer to put below the bar/stem to keep everything nice and tidy.
Thanks, taken a quick look and that does seem like a nice option

acroft95

by acroft95

I just ordered a Farsports f1 bar and relevant spacer for my 2021 supersix. I know it has previously been discussed but does anyone have a final answer on how to run a single spacer between the bearing and stem? I would prefer to use the supplied one from farsports but understand that they dont contact the headset correctly to pre-load the bearings.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Bontrager RSL VR-C routes the cables the same as SAVE and is lighter than F1

R3nlot

by R3nlot

Hi Guys,

I am building up a supersix 2021 himod Team Replica. I have a question about the cbear PF30A-86-R with the aldhu 30mm 152mm axle. On non drive side I have a big gap between the crank arm and the cbear bottom bracket. I assume that I use the correct cbear and I only have to run a aldhu spacer. Anyone run the same setup and can confirm this. Would be much appriciated.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

R3nlot wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:44 am
Hi Guys,

I am building up a supersix 2021 himod Team Replica. I have a question about the cbear PF30A-86-R with the aldhu 30mm 152mm axle. On non drive side I have a big gap between the crank arm and the cbear bottom bracket. I assume that I use the correct cbear and I only have to run a aldhu spacer. Anyone run the same setup and can confirm this. Would be much appriciated.

I‘m not sure man, but your axle seems very long. With a normal pressfit BB with bearings inside the frame, you normally use a 11,5mm spacer on the DS and a 2,5mm spacer on the NDS and the use the preload adjuster for the small gap to get the bearing preload. Your BB shells outside of the frame seems to measure about that, so not sure why there is such a big gap left. Not sure if you get the right position inside the frame, if you just put a spacer on the NDS. You can do it eventually and it will work, but the crankset might be off center.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

R3nlot

by R3nlot

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 am
R3nlot wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:44 am
Hi Guys,

I‘m not sure man, but your axle seems very long. With a normal pressfit BB with bearings inside the frame, you normally use a 11,5mm spacer on the DS and a 2,5mm spacer on the NDS and the use the preload adjuster for the small gap to get the bearing preload. Your BB shells outside of the frame seems to measure about that, so not sure why there is such a big gap left. Not sure if you get the right position inside the frame, if you just put a spacer on the NDS. You can do it eventually and it will work, but the crankset might be off center.
Thank you for the feedback and you are right. I just received an email from cbear and they say I should use the standard axle which is 147mm. After installing this I still have around 2/3mm of slack.

with the preload adjust I can get it tight! :)

ImageIMG_6865 by Noel Renlot, on Flickr

Stueys

by Stueys

Does anyone know which god I need to make peace with to stop the seat post slipping....

So far carbon paste and specified torque doesn't seem to be cutting it, am I missing something?

Jimmyrn85

by Jimmyrn85

Stueys wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:55 pm
Does anyone know which god I need to make peace with to stop the seat post slipping....

So far carbon paste and specified torque doesn't seem to be cutting it, am I missing something?
How heavy are you Stuey? I'm 82kg and never had it slip once at just over 5NM and it doesnt creak. Perhaps your seattube hole is slightly large in tolerance?

Stueys

by Stueys

Jimmyrn85 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:05 pm
Stueys wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:55 pm

How heavy are you Stuey? I'm 82kg and never had it slip once at just over 5NM and it doesnt creak. Perhaps your seattube hole is slightly large in tolerance?
80kg. I've just tried a different brand of Carbon paste (which seemed a bit grittier) and another torque wrench to make sure I'm not under torquing it. Doesn't seem I missing an obvious trick then?

R17anm

by R17anm

Im guessing the latest palace x rapha paint jobs being on the current supersix means there won’t be a new one at the tour ☹️

Dorpel

by Dorpel

Stueys wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:13 pm
For those not running the SAVE bar/stem what stem are you using to still get a nice, clean look?

So far I think I'm going Roval Rapide bar and was thinking of getting the Tarmac SL7 stem with that (the integration looks very similar to Evo) but wondered what other options there are out there.
I own a Pro Vibe SL bar and like to combine it with the Tarmac stem on EVO. Problem is the top spacer won't fit.
I don't get why a brand like Vision/FSA doenst create a custom top spacer for specific frames, like Deda does.

freespeed

by freespeed

Bfriesen wrote:
RDY wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:31 pm
adberg87 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:28 pm
RDY wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:49 pm
If they offer a crash warranty programme it's part of the package when you buy the bike. If they can't keep replacement stock of the frame then it isn't the buyer's problem. They should provide a Hi-Mod instead if they have that, or with a small charge to you.
To clear things up, the crash warranty is from Cannondale, which is a small discount on a replacement frame. I had no luck finding any LBS with any stock, nor any future availability looking any but promising. They did offer a hi-mod at the standard price, just not within my price range.
I'd suggest lodging a warranty crash replacement claim directly with Cannondale.
Yeah, definitely do this. It won't be quick (I was recently quoted September for a replacement frame) I was told that my bike was safe to ride until then and that the damage was "cosmetic", but then your damage is much worse than mine. I'm not sure if I buy that, or if I'm comfortable riding it, but I guess we'll see. But at least you will have a new frame (hopefully) for free.
I am in the UK and I also had a crash on my SuperSix which has left the fork unrepairable (the frame is ok), I had it assessed by a professional carbon repairer.

How do I go about getting a replacement fork/frame from Cannondale directly? My LBS have contacted them and they are just saying ‘we don’t have anything’. Cannondale provide no contact details on their website either which is very frustrating.

It has left me with no bike after an accident which wasn’t my fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

card0s

by card0s

freespeed wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:35 am
Bfriesen wrote:
RDY wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:31 pm
adberg87 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:28 pm

To clear things up, the crash warranty is from Cannondale, which is a small discount on a replacement frame. I had no luck finding any LBS with any stock, nor any future availability looking any but promising. They did offer a hi-mod at the standard price, just not within my price range.
I'd suggest lodging a warranty crash replacement claim directly with Cannondale.
Yeah, definitely do this. It won't be quick (I was recently quoted September for a replacement frame) I was told that my bike was safe to ride until then and that the damage was "cosmetic", but then your damage is much worse than mine. I'm not sure if I buy that, or if I'm comfortable riding it, but I guess we'll see. But at least you will have a new frame (hopefully) for free.
I am in the UK and I also had a crash on my SuperSix which has left the fork unrepairable (the frame is ok), I had it assessed by a professional carbon repairer.

How do I go about getting a replacement fork/frame from Cannondale directly? My LBS have contacted them and they are just saying ‘we don’t have anything’. Cannondale provide no contact details on their website either which is very frustrating.

It has left me with no bike after an accident which wasn’t my fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I had my Supersix frame replaced under warranty and I kept the original fork.
I can sell it if you are interested. It has less than 200kms on it and it has been cut, but it still has space to put some spacers under the stem.