Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Discodan

by Discodan

The light is actually an Aldi special which I got as it is so compact, I'd guess it's about 700 lumen (comparing it to other lights I've got) and uses a two cell external battery which lasts 2-3 hours. I leave the light on most of the time and just attach the battery under the stem when I need some lighting (it's summer here so that's not too often)

I kind of agree that the spacer setup on the SS is not the prettiest. It's hard to transition into the bars as the spacers are quite wide to accommodate the cables in the headtube. If I could be bothered I"d look at a 3D printed transition spacer at the top but I don't have the skills or think it's that much of a problem

I think it's a stretch to say they've been inspired by the Look; that bike is a dog's breakfast and apart from the black/white doesn't have much in common with the SS. If you have a look at the custom frame scene from 12-24 months ago there were quite a few frames with forward-facing diagonal bands in muted colours. I didn't like the paintwork to start with but it's really growing on me now; more interesting than the murdered out black bikes of old but also a bit classy rather than in-your-face flouro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

The paint job on the 105 spec SS looks much nicer than it does on any website image I’ve seen. Very nice build!

I’m also coming around to the idea of a normal stem with those spacers. It doesn’t look as terrible as I first thought and it least you can build a fairly clean cockpit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

EDIT: Double post, sorry. Tapatalk being mischievous
Last edited by Schadenfreude on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Build is pretty much done....just need final gear/brake tuning and slightly adjust the fit. Aim was sub 7kg without going specific ww on all parts. Outside pictures will be done as soon as we have a bit of sun, so the colour pops out.
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

S6ED

by S6ED

alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:52 pm
Build is pretty much done....just need final gear/brake tuning and slightly adjust the fit. Aim was sub 7kg without going specific ww on all parts. Outside pictures will be done as soon as we have a bit of sun, so the colour pops out.
Ausgezeichnet! Echt leicht trotz SRM Powermeter und Shimano Pedalen (die sind nicht besonders leicht). Ist es Grösse 54? Und der Lenker, ist er Vision 5D?

fa63

by fa63

Looking at the specs on the new e-bike version of the SuperSix (Evo Neo with a hub motor), I noticed that the BB is listed as T47. Is this a sign of things to come?

S6ED

by S6ED

fa63 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17 am
Looking at the specs on the new e-bike version of the SuperSix (Evo Neo with a hub motor), I noticed that the BB is listed as T47. Is this a sign of things to come?
To call an e-bike SuperSix is a disgrace.

cerro

by cerro

fa63 wrote:
I also noticed that, looking forward to the new Cannondales if so :) A bb standard to rule them all :)

fa63

by fa63

S6ED wrote: To call an e-bike SuperSix is a disgrace.
Whether we like it or not, e-bikes are getting very popular and I am sure Cannondale is more interested in their bottom line than our feelings :-)

That said, anything that gets more people on bikes is good in my opinion.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

fa63 wrote:
I'd rather speculate the T47 is due to the motor inside.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

fa63

by fa63

mrlobber wrote:
fa63 wrote:
I'd rather speculate the T47 is due to the motor inside.
That is why I mentioned that it is a hub motor; this is not a mid-drive e-bike. I don't think there is a need for a different BB with a hub motor.

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

There's potentially a bit of cabling to join up - toptube control, downtube battery, above BB charging and external power port, chainstay cable to motor - that might be easier to deal with in a bigger shell, but yeah........

Discodan

by Discodan

The question was asked in the other supersix thread about how to route cables around the BB when converting from mech to Di2. The concern was that with nothing to sheath the spindle it could abrade through the cables over time if they were in contact.

I'll answer in this thread for future use. I just used the cable guides for the mech cables and snapped the di2 cables in which holds them under the BB, see pic below. I had to trim an inch of the FD cable guide as it used to go all the way through the hole in the frame which is now blanked offImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cerro

by cerro

Can't the Di2 cables be routed internally around the bb?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slashy

by slashy

I did with mine. I cut a piece of plastic from a plastic waterbottle and put it above the spindle (resting on the bearing cups). it prevents the wires from touching the spindle.