Enve 2.0 max tyre size

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

On the Enve site it says 25 is the maximum size, is anyone running larger and if so how big? I am wanting to run 28s. :noidea:
It will be with rim brakes.
Pain is my friend!

by Weenie

Broady

by Broady

My disc 2.0 say 28 but with Enve 3.4 and Corsa 25s there's not a great deal of room. A 28 would probably squeeze in but I'd be wary of picking up stones etc, I've got a few dings on the inside from gravel picked up on the road.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

For a rim brake fork with maximum tire clearance I bought a Trek Domane fork. It cleared a 32mm with room to spare. Currently running GP5K 28mm with plenty of room. The key to tire clearance on a fork is the crown to axle distance, not the type of brake used. The Domane fork has a very long CTA distance which raises the mounting points of the brake. It comes with several rake and color options. I got the stealth black with no logos of any kind. For $300 it’s a much better fork than the Enve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

pdlpsher1 wrote:For a rim brake fork with maximum tire clearance I bought a Trek Domane fork. It cleared a 32mm with room to spare. Currently running GP5K 28mm with plenty of room. The key to tire clearance on a fork is the crown to axle distance, not the type of brake used. The Domane fork has a very long CTA distance which raises the mounting points of the brake. It comes with several rake and color options. I got the stealth black with no logos of any kind. For $300 it’s a much better fork than the Enve.

In what way is the Domane fork better than ENVE?

Pain is my friend!

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Tire clearance if you wish to run wide tires. And price.

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Thanks, but I really just want to know the maximum clearance on the ENVE forks. :-)

Pain is my friend!

by Weenie