Canyon Ultimate - safe to buy or new model imminent?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

If there's anything new coming we will see it at the pre TDF races like the Dauphine. If not, then next year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Thias

by Thias

I went to a Canyon event at the Canyon french headquarters last year, and even then, Canyon employees were already saying that rim brakes would be soon over.
I'll go to the same event next month and I wil probably know a little more about the next launches.

Roel W

by Roel W

Thias wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:06 pm
I went to a Canyon event at the Canyon french headquarters last year, and even then, Canyon employees were already saying that rim brakes would be soon over.
I'll go to the same event next month and I wil probably know a little more about the next launches.
That's not a surprise. all latest superbikes are disc only: Cannondale System SIX, Cervelo S5, Cervelo P5X, Specialized Venge, Trek Madone,...
Endurace has moved to disc only....

Felixhase

by Felixhase

any news for a 2020 ultimate cf SLX or EVO?
But I fear as well - it will not get any lighter, it will be all about disc brakes :(

jlok

by jlok

I think it's only logical to keep EVO as rim brake only? It will be niche product anyway so it doesn't need to sell well, and disc brake is gonna sell well so SLX might go DB only. But if SS Evo is of any hint, I think SLX rim brake will likely to survive.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

3phase

by 3phase

I bought an Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Disc yesterday as they offered free shipping worldwide as it's world bicycle day. Saved me $323 usd . Estimated dispatch is 19th July, some sizes on stock though. Was trying to wait for a new model but couldn't pass up on this free shipping.

On a side note, I got a free shipping code as well last year when I purchased my Aeroad

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

given how aggressive the price hike is for the recent new models from the likes of specialized, pinarello etc....i doubt the new Ultimate will be similarly priced as the current one, but may worth waiting for the next one so there will be a price drop for the outgoing model....
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

So I was just browsing their website, and quite a lot of model combinations for BOTH Ultimate and Aeroad are very low in stock or sold out. Including framesets. E.g., Aeroad electric disc SLX frameset is sold out in M for the black, sold out in XS for blue and "only 1 left", "only 2 left", or "low stock" for pretty much all the other sizes in both colours. Ultimate electric disc SLX frameset also sold out for a couple of sizes/colours, and low stock for the rest.

Something's up. It seems very likely that the Aeroad will see an update this year, but could it be both? Or maybe just a colour refesh for the Ultimate frames? It makes no sense as a sales strategy to say "sold out" unless you've really discontinued the manufacturing of a particular model, you'd rather expect to say "shipping x date".

I, for one, cannot wait. It's an aeroad vs venge on the menu for the 2020 season, and I'd very much like for Canyon to make that decision as easy as possible (in a good way).

Restyle

by Restyle

Yeah I also noticed this the other day and was thinking exactly the same, I remember this was the same situation a few years ago, then they announced the exceed, but it was only months later. Lets hope we get to see something at tdf but i think that we have to wait some more..

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:49 pm
So I was just browsing their website, and quite a lot of model combinations for BOTH Ultimate and Aeroad are very low in stock or sold out. Including framesets. E.g., Aeroad electric disc SLX frameset is sold out in M for the black, sold out in XS for blue and "only 1 left", "only 2 left", or "low stock" for pretty much all the other sizes in both colours. Ultimate electric disc SLX frameset also sold out for a couple of sizes/colours, and low stock for the rest.

Something's up. It seems very likely that the Aeroad will see an update this year, but could it be both? Or maybe just a colour refesh for the Ultimate frames? It makes no sense as a sales strategy to say "sold out" unless you've really discontinued the manufacturing of a particular model, you'd rather expect to say "shipping x date".

I, for one, cannot wait. It's an aeroad vs venge on the menu for the 2020 season, and I'd very much like for Canyon to make that decision as easy as possible (in a good way).
That is the norm with Canyon bikes/sizes
The popular stuff sells out fast
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.