Northwave Extreme Pro Road Shoe 2019

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I am wondering if anyone has purchased a pair of these and if so how was the sizing compared to whatever you had before. I have several pairs of Northwave, the most recent being the Revolution which are nice enough but they are heavy and actually not bad in the colder temps. The sizing from what I have read so far for the upper end shoes is getting narrower starting with the Extreme RR from back in 2016. I have a pair of the Extreme winter boots but they say that the Extreme RR is tighter yet compared to the winter boot of the same size. The sizing charts have not been very accurate from years ago cause I am supposed to fit in 42.5 but the 43 is as small as I can go. The sizing charts I have seen so far for these shoes are the same ones they have used since back in the Extreme Tech Plus days. It would be nice if they updated the charts.
Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"-Albert Einstein
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

caad4rep

by caad4rep

I was a 45 in Extreme Aerlites, then a 45 in Extreme RR but they were noticeably narrower and then I bought a pair of new extreme pro's in 45. The Extreme Pros were both narrower and shorter than the 2016 Extreme RR. I returned them...

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Wow thats good to know, so they keep getting narrower and now shorter which makes it really tough to figure out your proper size when they use the old charts. My problem is I cannot find the Northwave online anywhere in Canada let alone locally which means I have to purchase online outside of Canada. This makes it difficult as you either have to guess at a couple sizes and hope one fit and return the other and I am not sure I want to tie up a$1000 in shoes. The other option is to order one size at a time and be patient with returning and reordering what you think is proper.
Did you plan on purchasing the proper size Extreme Pro cadd4rep?
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"-Albert Einstein
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake