Aero Bottle on regular road bike - Opinions, Reviews

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

robeambro wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:09 pm
EDIT: also, I think that the overwhelming feedback about the Elite bottle not being very practical, makes me rethink my option. I suppose there's not much else to try though..
Well, there's X-Lab, the Giant bottle mentioned, Arundel... but while they may not all leak as bad they share all the other impracticalities mentioned, because those are the impracticalities of any non-standard aero bottle/cage combo.

robeambro

by robeambro

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:58 pm
robeambro wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:09 pm
EDIT: also, I think that the overwhelming feedback about the Elite bottle not being very practical, makes me rethink my option. I suppose there's not much else to try though..
Well, there's X-Lab, the Giant bottle mentioned, Arundel... but while they may not all leak as bad they share all the other impracticalities mentioned, because those are the impracticalities of any non-standard aero bottle/cage combo.
A-ha, thanks. That's quite some. Kinda ugly, but I guess there's room to try stuff. One day..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Hm not sure why but I used mine on the bike for 2 years and I never had it leak or eject or work poorly in any other way. Spillage might happen if you fill it beyond the recommended mark. I would gladly use it as a substitute for normal bottles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have tried arundel chrono II and elite crono cx
- arundel ejected over any mild bumps.
- decent water flow
- min leakage

Elite crono cx (better)
- no ejections
- slow fluid delivery
-Mild leakage

Leave it for the TT bike mate.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;