FMB and Wolfpack VS Veloflex

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Anyone of you guys that have used FMB Paris-Roubaix Pro 25, Paris Roubaix Cotton 25 and Service course soie 25?
Also need to add Wolfpack tubular to this list.

Can't help but wonder how these compare to Veloflex Roubaix?

Are these all "fast wear" tires or?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

pocari123

by pocari123

Used the fmb roubaix 25's for awhile. I don't do crazy miles but they didn't wear out noticeably faster than other tires.

They felt very nice albeit a bit heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

1415chris

by 1415chris

I cannot help you with the exact FMBs you are considering but a while ago I had four FMB Competition 25 tubs, of which three had quality issues. Some from the stage new, other developed the issues over a time. I have just mounted the 4th one as a left over, I hope that at least this one will live it's life without issues. I don't know if my experiance with FMB was representative for all their tubs at least at that point of time, or maybe I wasn't particularly lucky, but based on this experiance, comparing to the numer of Veloflex tubs I have been using over the years, from their 22, through 23 and 25mm offerings, I can say, that Veloflex tubs were/(are?) better made.
Having said that FMBs rode very nicely, so did Veloflex ;)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

1415chris wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:37 am
I cannot help you with the exact FMBs you are considering but a while ago I had four FMB Competition 25 tubs, of which three had quality issues. Some from the stage new, other developed the issues over a time. I have just mounted the 4th one as a left over, I hope that at least this one will live it's life without issues. I don't know if my experiance with FMB was representative for all their tubs at least at that point of time, or maybe I wasn't particularly lucky, but based on this experiance, comparing to the numer of Veloflex tubs I have been using over the years, from their 22, through 23 and 25mm offerings, I can say, that Veloflex tubs were/(are?) better made.
Having said that FMBs rode very nicely, so did Veloflex ;)
Thanks Chris, this is great to know. Veloflex is and was the only tire to date i feel deliver a sense of magic.
I was told the new Vittoria Corsa G+ was better, but i'm not inclined to agree.
I would need more wheelsets to satisfy my curiousity for tires.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

RyanH

by RyanH

Vittoria Corsa is like a 7.5 out of 10 on ride quality. Anyone that says they ride better than Veloflex needs to get their head checked. I give Veloflex 9 out of 10 leaving room for the possibility there might be something better out there. On the same scale a Conti sprinter is like 5 or 6.