2019 Sram Force ETAP

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

MayhemSWE wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:57 pm
Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:15 pm
I'd say P2M etc will have spiders available soon enough
Sure, but that doesn't help people who would rather not shell out for a new powermeter rather than keep on using the one they have.
especially powermeter nowadays have super low resell value

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:42 am
I'll be needing a link.....

I used stickeryou.com to make them. The interface is awful. You have to go to their custom editor, browse for "heart" and find the reddish/pinkish one. Choose sheets, use the eye dropper to add a matching background, use the Gothic font and center the text as best you can. Sizing up to you...I chose 1.5"

by Weenie

zinedrei

by zinedrei

sidetrack a bit. if i will use the Force AXS cassette on a CK R45D hub, do I need to buy a separate lockring or will it come with the hub already?

reason for asking is when I checked the lockring for the rotors, it seems I need to use a Shimano manufactured one and it's a bit pain to find on. srp is around 10 usd but LBS here is asking around 35usd for it :( good thing there's ebay with free shipping.

if I need to buy something for the cassette to work then I may need to start looking for it now before my groupset arrives.

tia...

Discodan

by Discodan

zinedrei wrote:sidetrack a bit. if i will use the Force AXS cassette on a CK R45D hub, do I need to buy a separate lockring or will it come with the hub already?

reason for asking is when I checked the lockring for the rotors, it seems I need to use a Shimano manufactured one and it's a bit pain to find on. srp is around 10 usd but LBS here is asking around 35usd for it :( good thing there's ebay with free shipping.

if I need to buy something for the cassette to work then I may need to start looking for it now before my groupset arrives.

tia...
Have you got an XDR freehub on that hub? I would assume the AXS/XDR locking mechanism is completely incompatible with a Shimano lockring, not the least because of the diameter change from 11t to 10t. Normally a lock-ring comes with the hub but not sure if AXS even has one or just screws right onto the freehub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zinedrei

by zinedrei

Discodan wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:53 am
zinedrei wrote:sidetrack a bit. if i will use the Force AXS cassette on a CK R45D hub, do I need to buy a separate lockring or will it come with the hub already?

tia...
Have you got an XDR freehub on that hub? I would assume the AXS/XDR locking mechanism is completely incompatible with a Shimano lockring, not the least because of the diameter change from 11t to 10t. Normally a lock-ring comes with the hub but not sure if AXS even has one or just screws right onto the freehub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
unfortunately, the groupset is still on transit and will arrive a month from now and the hubs will take a month as well since the AXS freehub is on backorder from CK so i don't have a way to test it at the moment.

i just want to make sure that i will have everything i need when they arrive since i don't want to wait an additional month or so sourcing a single lockring in case i need it. btw, also waiting for a month for the shimano centerlock ring for the rotors :)

how about those that used the cassette on other hub brands? do they need a separate lockring as well or will the cassette "screw" itself into place without needing any lockring?

jlok

by jlok

zinedrei wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:36 am
sidetrack a bit. if i will use the Force AXS cassette on a CK R45D hub, do I need to buy a separate lockring or will it come with the hub already?

tia...
XDr cassette has the lock ring integrated, no need to buy.
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

zinedrei

by zinedrei

jlok wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:11 am
zinedrei wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:36 am
sidetrack a bit.
tia...
XDr cassette has the lock ring integrated, no need to buy.
thank you very much. that's one less thing to worry about.

another query re: DuB bottom brackets.
are the stock ones from Sram good enough or is the money I will spend on a Ceramicspeed T45 to Dub bottom bracket worth it?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

zinedrei wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 am

are the stock ones from Sram good enough or is the money I will spend on a Ceramicspeed T45 to Dub bottom bracket worth it?

There's quite a few options in between the two you mentioned.

zinedrei

by zinedrei

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 am
zinedrei wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 am

There's quite a few options in between the two you mentioned.
thank you. any other brand you may recommend similar to CS "thread" style bb?
i have tried to look at enduro's site and i cant seem to find a t45 bb

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

zinedrei wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:27 am

thank you. any other brand you may recommend similar to CS "thread" style bb?
i have tried to look at enduro's site and i cant seem to find a t45 bb

My mistake, I totally glossed over the T45 mention. Yeah, you're probably best off going the T45 CeramicSpeed route.

Calnago

by Calnago

@zinedrei... Ceramic Speed and Wishbone are the only manufacturers I’m aware of doing “T45” BB’s for Colnago frames.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

zinedrei

by zinedrei

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:11 am
@zinedrei... Ceramic Speed and Wishbone are the only manufacturers I’m aware of doing “T45” BB’s for Colnago frames.
thank you. will try to check Wishbone and hope that they have the t45 to dub kit.

moonoi

by moonoi

zinedrei wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:55 am
Calnago wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:11 am
thank you. will try to check Wishbone and hope that they have the t45 to dub kit.
I'd just go with the pressing the SRAM cups in to the existing Colnago Threadfit BB as I did with my C60, wishbone and ceramicspeed are not any better. In fact I wish I'd followed my own advice rather than buying a ceramicspeed Shimano T45 BB for my Concept, absolute waste of money and not any better engineered.

Calnago

by Calnago

@zinedrei: I would agree with @Moonoi on just stuffing a DUB BB into the BB86 shell (using the Threadfit cups installed from the factory). But you seem bent on swapping out the Threadfit cups as well, hence looking for a T45 solution. So, I would question that decision first, especially if cost factors into the equation at all. But secondly, I don’t know what it is about DUB that makes you even want it for your road bike.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Sram uses a 90mm spacing on road DUB. The bearings are 40x30x7 which is non-standard and too small. Any 30mm internal normal bearing will work with the Sram spacers or aftermarket ones. In other words you can use your existing BB with the reducers and spacer kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWp22qpbSo

by Weenie