2019 Sram Force ETAP

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MattMay

by MattMay

Does it change depending on what gear you’re in or it is consistent across the range?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

M4lukz

by M4lukz

MattMay wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:51 pm
Does it change depending on what gear you’re in or it is consistent across the range?
it's consistent at least in the upper half of the cassete, and atm a lot more noticeable in the smaller ring in the front... when I'm on the lightest gear it tends to make quite some noise

kroem

by kroem

No aftermarket direct mount rings seen anywhere yet?
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

MattMay

by MattMay

M4lukz wrote:
MattMay wrote:
it's consistent at least in the upper half of the cassete, and atm a lot more noticeable in the smaller ring in the front... when I'm on the lightest gear it tends to make quite some noise
It might not be your bb/crankset. If you have another rear wheel you can try, do it and see if the noise goes away. I had a super annoying “squeak” sorta noise in my SRAM AXS setup that sounded like from the bb area and it happened on climbs when using my four biggest cogs. So...lotsa torque being applied. Drove me mad. But...it went away when I switched wheelsets. Thought it might be the cassette, so swapped that out. No luck. Greased the crap out of everything, no luck. Finally it dawned on me it must be in my rear hub. Turns out a rubber o-ring in my hub was the culprit. I have I9 hubs, easy to service. New o-ring, clean and new grease....silence!

young

by young

kroem wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:03 am

stone (eBay) and garbaruk make 1x dm rings. running garbaruk currently.
Attachments
IMG_20200324_145157.jpg

M4lukz

by M4lukz

MattMay wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:55 pm
M4lukz wrote:
MattMay wrote:
It might not be your bb/crankset. If you have another rear wheel you can try, do it and see if the noise goes away. I had a super annoying “squeak” sorta noise in my SRAM AXS setup that sounded like from the bb area and it happened on climbs when using my four biggest cogs. So...lotsa torque being applied. Drove me mad. But...it went away when I switched wheelsets. Thought it might be the cassette, so swapped that out. No luck. Greased the crap out of everything, no luck. Finally it dawned on me it must be in my rear hub. Turns out a rubber o-ring in my hub was the culprit. I have I9 hubs, easy to service. New o-ring, clean and new grease....silence!
Managed to talk with my LBS, and they sent me a video, with chain off, spinning the cranks, and it was squeaking like crazy... Might ask them to either try to remount everything or go to where I bought it and worst case scenario go for the warranty on the crankset...

kroem

by kroem

young wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:51 am
kroem wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:03 am

stone (eBay) and garbaruk make 1x dm rings. running garbaruk currently.
Ah yeah found those, thanks :) But meant 2x...
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

sebejo

by sebejo

Any news on a 1x gravel cassette with ~420-450% range?

I'm buffled that it is not available and 99% sure they do plan something like this, it's just makes so much sense to me. Eagle casette is way too big range (and even bigger jumps as 11s 10-42), the 10-33 is way too small for any terrain thats remotely steep.

I know that garbaruk working on something like this but can't believe that SRAM isn't.

Then there is this mysterious SRAM ZENDESKFAQ entry posted every few weeks without change of content:
https://sram.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ded-later-
-Will additional cassette size options be added later?
- SRAM is always working on new product designs but does not comment on products that may be in development

And there is the question weather it will just use the eagle deraillerur or a long caged force/red one?

Anyone anything?

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

sebejo wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:20 am

I'm buffled that it is not available and 99% sure they do plan something like this, it's just makes so much sense to me. Eagle casette is way too big range (and even bigger jumps as 11s 10-42), the 10-33 is way too small for any terrain thats remotely steep.
I agree that a 420/450% cassette would be perfect for gravel. They need it and would take over the gravel market with it.
FYI the 10-42 11 speed is identical to the 10-42 part of the eagle cassette. They just added a 50 to it.
Ride fast Take chances

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

FYI the quarq crank that's the red clone is on sale and 140g lighter.
Ride fast Take chances

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

sebejo wrote:
I gave the SRAM guys a hard time on social media about this. I Ended up running a Garabruk 10-48. Interestingly Brad Bingham (Bingham, Eriksen, Moots) just built up a personal bike with RED axs and an XTR 10-45 cassette and said it works great.

sebejo

by sebejo

OnTheRivet wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 am
sebejo wrote:
I gave the SRAM guys a hard time on social media about this. I Ended up running a Garabruk 10-48. Interestingly Brad Bingham (Bingham, Eriksen, Moots) just built up a personal bike with RED axs and an XTR 10-45 cassette and said it works great.
I'd be careful with that setup as XTR cassette needs Hyperglide+ chain which needs Hyperglide+ specific chainring which I'm not sure if there is any out there for road cranks.

My bet is also with Garbaruk, they just released a cage+oversized pulley+extender(like roadlink) set for AXS road derailleurs to run up to 52 cog. The point is that the system was designed so that the cage+pulleys - so without the extender - can run up to 42 (or 45) cog cassette with normal 12speed chain. This cassette is not ready yet but they are working on it.

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

andy4g63 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 pm
I received the rings yesterday.

I got the oval ones in 48/35...
They weigh exactly 140 grams.
110gr. for the 4t, 30gr. for the 35t
Have you installed them yet?
If so, how are they working? Is the shifting smooth?

scale29

by scale29

"I'd be careful with that setup as XTR cassette needs Hyperglide+ chain which needs Hyperglide+ specific chainring which I'm not sure if there is any out there for road cranks"

does it though? i run an XTR 12s chain on my Ultegra 11s cassette and Praxis rings and it works just fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sebejo

by sebejo

scale29 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 pm
"I'd be careful with that setup as XTR cassette needs Hyperglide+ chain which needs Hyperglide+ specific chainring which I'm not sure if there is any out there for road cranks"

does it though? i run an XTR 12s chain on my Ultegra 11s cassette and Praxis rings and it works just fine.
This article and especially the comment section where Wolftooth and AbsolueBlack are discussing the topic is highly recommended read:
https://bikerumor.com/2019/02/28/wtc-s ... bar-lever/