2019 Sram Force ETAP

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Ettore wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:35 am
I'm about to order all parts for my BMC Timemachine Road, it’s going to be a Sram Force 1 AXS Aero setup. I’m looking for the chainset, which I’d like to be the “SRAM FORCE 1 AXS™ POWER METER” with the 48t chainring. Please see attached image.

On Srams website, it seems like there are two options:

1: Try to find Model ID “PM-FRC-1-D1” with 48t somewhere (nothing on google seems to know what that is), or..

2. Get the “SRAM AXS™ AERO POWER METER KIT” and somehow find some Force AXS crank arms. Sram has already confirmed with me that this power meter kit is used for both Red and Force.

Neither of these options lead me to a SRAM article number, or a webshop where I can find it. Any clues?
first, you buy sram force axs full kit

and then you replace the chain ring with this

article number : PM-AXS-KITA-D1

part number : 00.3018.227.001

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crlincoln

by crlincoln

My LBS are trying to ascertain when the Force Powermeters are due to start shipping, as I haven’t found them being sold anywhere yet...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ettore

by Ettore

@mayhemSWE
@ch00bzs
@crlincoln

Thank you all for the inputs!

What I can gather is that the 48t power meter is available with Red crank arms, but not with Force crank arms. Also, the power meter chainring is available as a separate item, but then I’ll need to buy a full Force direct mount crankset, and replace the chainring with the power meter. What a faff, SRAM…

I’m able to buy at wholesale prices, and I think I’ll go with the power meter including the Red crank arms. Yes, it’ll be a mismatch with the rest of the groupset.. but at the same time, it’s lighter, and I won’t buy parts I’ll never use..

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Spoke to LBS today, as just finalising a new bike order with Sram Force AXS, there is still no news from SRAM in the UK on when power meters will come out... but expected soon after they sort out delivery of the Sram RED AXS Power meters...

crlincoln

by crlincoln

Got a call from LBS yesterday, they are expecting to start getting some stock SRAM Force Power Meters within the next couple of weeks, priced around £500-600...

akaspin

by akaspin

Does anyone have access to AXS spider? If yes can you make a few measurements of spider tabs? The most interesting is mounting thickness and tabs offset from frame centerline. Top and bottom tab width as well as inner and outer diameters also will be very useful.

akdmx

by akdmx

I'm finding the lever travel on my etap force brakes to be excessively long. I've adjusted in the reach such that there is 2.5mm gap between the top of the lever and the hood (i.e. an intermediate position) and the levers pull nearly to the bars. I have to consciously keep my pinky finger clear of the levers. I have the contact point adjusted for the shortest possible lever travel. Anyone have a similar experience? The lever firms up nicely when contacting the pads - could it still be a bleed issue?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

akdmx wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:07 am
I'm finding the lever travel on my etap force brakes to be excessively long. I've adjusted in the reach such that there is 2.5mm gap between the top of the lever and the hood (i.e. an intermediate position) and the levers pull nearly to the bars. I have to consciously keep my pinky finger clear of the levers. I have the contact point adjusted for the shortest possible lever travel. Anyone have a similar experience? The lever firms up nicely when contacting the pads - could it still be a bleed issue?

Try a partial-bleed.

1) Wrap zip ties around the brake levers so they are engaged.
2) Leave them alone for several hours.
3) Remove zip ties.
4) Fill the bleed kit syringe with a small amount of DOT 5.1. Insert it into the port on the lever body.
5) Pressurize the system by plunging the syringe.
6) Flick the brake lever to agitate the system...watch the bubbles rise out of the port into the syringe.
7) Remove the syringe and replace the bleed port cover.

superkatsu

by superkatsu

Hi, it was already mentioned but I like to know if etap 12 speed work with a campagnolo 12 speed cassette.

Shifters front and rear derailleur from Sram etap AXS,
Cassette campagnolo 12 speed, chain 12 campagnolo.
11 speed chainrings.

I see no problem with the chainrings at all even 9 speed chainrings work with 11 speed.

The cassette spacing can't be that different, between campagnolo and Sram, because the space on a hub is limited.

Maybe the jokey wheels will cause a problem, but they are easy to change.

Maybe a shop who has both groups could make a cassette comparison picture.

Thanx

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

akaspin wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:03 am
Does anyone have access to AXS spider? If yes can you make a few measurements of spider tabs? The most interesting is mounting thickness and tabs offset from frame centerline. Top and bottom tab width as well as inner and outer diameters also will be very useful.
Do you still need this? I have one I can meassure.
Ride fast Take chances

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Just got my group with power meter in last night. Still waiting on wheels for full build.
IMG_0430.JPEG
IMG_0431.JPEG
IMG_0437.JPEG
IMG_0432.JPEG
IMG_0433.JPEG
IMG_0436.JPEG
IMG_0434.JPEG
IMG_0438.JPEG
IMG_0439.JPEG
Ride fast Take chances

akaspin

by akaspin

Alexbn921 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:12 pm
akaspin wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:03 am
Do you still need this? I have one I can meassure.
Yes! Please!

akdmx

by akdmx

As a follow up to my prior inquiry on lever travel, I've since visited the local shop who listened to my concerns about unsafe travel and assured me that the system was fine.

Last weekend I had a bad crash in a race. While not directly caused by the brake, I do wonder if in the moments before crashing I attempted to slow down and experienced interference by my finger.

I will likely not carry on with the force AXS groupset due to these kinds of concerns. For those wondering - I've compared my lever travel with many other AXS brakes and found great variability, though the AXS RED brakes consistently had shorter lever travel than force.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Your crash had us all pretty worried. Glad it looked a lot worse than it turned out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Installed a new dub BB30 in my new Roubaix frame last night and the bearings make a crunching sound when I spin the cranks. :(
Man I hate press fit BB's.
Ride fast Take chances