2019 Sram Force ETAP

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Hapatron

by Hapatron

Toybus wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2020 Robaix pro (SRAM force etap ax's) and I have the same issues that have been mentioned here. I wish I would have found this post before I purchased the bike:( so far it seems the cassette is the culprit? To me it seems like it's that new style of chain, when listening to try and isolate the noise it seems to be coming from everywhere along the drivetrain. As has been mention my main concern is the vibration, loss of efficiency and possibly of chain loss. Any input would be great

Kirk
The cassette was the main source of noise in my case -- I tried 3 Force cassettes for 300-400km each, all noisy. Then I got a Red cassette from my LBS (Force cassette RMA'd to distributor) and 95% of the noise went away.

So, contact your LBS, let them know about the issue and that the fix is a red cassette, they should be reimburced by SRAM or their distrubutor.

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Alexbn921 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 am
I would remove the chain and soak it in degreaser. The stock lube is way too thick, making most of the noise.

Thicker lubes act as sound dampers. The only way thick lube causes more noise is if solids get stuck to the chain, and this isn't the sound I hear from 12spd SRAM road cassettes. It's too regular/patterned.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Added some gold accents to my batteries and power meter.
IMG_1033.jpg

Maddie

by Maddie

Alexbn921 wrote:Added some gold accents to my batteries and power meter.
IMG_1033.jpg
How?

spartan

by spartan

Red cassettes are very expensive. i don't think Sram will upgrade you cassette for free.
Hapatron wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:44 am
Toybus wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2020 Robaix pro (SRAM force etap ax's) and I have the same issues that have been mentioned here. I wish I would have found this post before I purchased the bike:( so far it seems the cassette is the culprit? To me it seems like it's that new style of chain, when listening to try and isolate the noise it seems to be coming from everywhere along the drivetrain. As has been mention my main concern is the vibration, loss of efficiency and possibly of chain loss. Any input would be great

Kirk
The cassette was the main source of noise in my case -- I tried 3 Force cassettes for 300-400km each, all noisy. Then I got a Red cassette from my LBS (Force cassette RMA'd to distributor) and 95% of the noise went away.

So, contact your LBS, let them know about the issue and that the fix is a red cassette, they should be reimburced by SRAM or their distrubutor.
Current Rides:

2018 Madone SLR DISC DI2 9XXX
2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 DI2 9150

fattywilliams

by fattywilliams

Having same issue sounds lile it coming from Casette micro adjusting doesnt fix it anyone actually manage to get a red cassette out of sram for free?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

kroem

by kroem

I think the claim was that a LBS swapped it out. I dont think SRAM would do it. But maybe.

I dont think Canyon would but maybe i should try.

ooo

by ooo

-delete
'

andy4g63

by andy4g63

For those interested of getting Sram red/force AXS groupset or upgrade kits, Rotor makes new - 4 Spyder chainrings with 110 bcd.

They fit Shimano 4 bolt cranks and you keep the bottom bracket as well, assuming u have Shimano cranks...
They also fit Rotor Aldhu spyders and couple more of their lineup.

You also get to keep your power meter, if u have one on those Shimano cranks.

They have round and oval rings, both in 48/35 configuration.

I already ordered the oval ones they should come on Monday.

Will report later on for fitment and shifting performance.

They are around $100 for 48t and $50 for 35t.

Weight is not specified, but according to my calculations, Dura Ace cranks with these rings should be in the 630 grams range...

Heavier than Red,
But way lighter than Force.

fattywilliams

by fattywilliams

andy4g63 wrote:For those interested of getting Sram red/force AXS groupset or upgrade kits, Rotor makes new - 4 Spyder chainrings with 110 bcd.

They fit Shimano 4 bolt cranks and you keep the bottom bracket as well, assuming u have Shimano cranks...
They also fit Rotor Aldhu spyders and couple more of their lineup.

You also get to keep your power meter, if u have one on those Shimano cranks.

They have round and oval rings, both in 48/35 configuration.

I already ordered the oval ones they should come on Monday.

Will report later on for fitment and shifting performance.

They are around $100 for 48t and $50 for 35t.

Weight is not specified, but according to my calculations, Dura Ace cranks with these rings should be in the 630 grams range...

Heavier than Red,
But way lighter than Force.
Interested any idea how much it would way in a aldhu crank setup preferably in a 24mm spindle setup?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

~650g for an Aldhu 24 with 48/35 rings.

andy4g63

by andy4g63

I received the rings yesterday.

I got the oval ones in 48/35...
They weigh exactly 140 grams.
110gr. for the 4t, 30gr. for the 35t

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Hello everyone, I've recently bought a new bike equipped with SRAM Force Axs, and at the moment I'm having quite some trouble trying to identify what could be the source of a squeaking noise coming from my BB/crankset... Don't know if anyone have experienced this already, but here's a video trying to describe the problem, can provide some more if needed. Video. Already added some more lubricant to it, which solved the problem for some time, and at the moment, every now and again it comes back for a while.

Cubist

by Cubist

M4lukz wrote:Hello everyone, I've recently bought a new bike equipped with SRAM Force Axs, and at the moment I'm having quite some trouble trying to identify what could be the source of a squeaking noise coming from my BB/crankset... Don't know if anyone have experienced this already, but here's a video trying to describe the problem, can provide some more if needed. Video. Already added some more lubricant to it, which solved the problem for some time, and at the moment, every now and again it comes back for a while.
That sounds horrible. Wouldn’t ride that anymore. Chances are you are grinding down your frame due to misalignment.

by Weenie

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Cubist wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:50 pm
M4lukz wrote:Hello everyone, I've recently bought a new bike equipped with SRAM Force Axs, and at the moment I'm having quite some trouble trying to identify what could be the source of a squeaking noise coming from my BB/crankset... Don't know if anyone have experienced this already, but here's a video trying to describe the problem, can provide some more if needed. Video. Already added some more lubricant to it, which solved the problem for some time, and at the moment, every now and again it comes back for a while.
That sounds horrible. Wouldn’t ride that anymore. Chances are you are grinding down your frame due to misalignment.
(not a home mechanic), I can ask my LBS to see if it's some sort of misalignment... may or may not solve the problem, worst case scenario I take it back to where I bought it (after this pandemy shenanigans) is gone, since rn it's recommended to only leave home for work and essential shopping here