Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Alfus wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 am
I can only tell you that this week I saw the new Dura Ace in a skype meeting, and it was trully amazing.
You're setting my expectations pretty high there.
Does it shift using mind control or something?

pmprego

by pmprego

Alfus wrote:
I can only tell you that this week I saw the new Dura Ace in a skype meeting, and it was trully amazing.
I read this and I can only imagine rainbows crossing the skies, an unicorn passing by on a green field, butterflies on the top left of the screen. It was trully amazing. :mrgreen:

Apart from that, and as a disclaimer, I'm a etap user, I do hope shimano makes a significant step further in the disc department so I can do the change to them :thumbup:

by Weenie

Robius

by Robius

cyclespeed wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 am
Alfus wrote:
You're setting my expectations pretty high there.
Does it shift using mind control or something?
Neuroshifters!
2016 Felt AR2 Di2

Alfus

by Alfus

pmprego wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:25 am
Alfus wrote:
I read this and I can only imagine rainbows crossing the skies, an unicorn passing by on a green field, butterflies on the top left of the screen. It was trully amazing. :mrgreen:

Apart from that, and as a disclaimer, I'm a etap user, I do hope shimano makes a significant step further in the disc department so I can do the change to them :thumbup:
:lol:

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

cyclespeed wrote: Does it shift using mind control or something?
Yes, but you must think in Japanese.
2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

Pukutis

by Pukutis

Alfus wrote:I can only tell you that this week I saw the new Dura Ace in a skype meeting, and it was trully amazing.
Could you say if it would be a “game changer”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LainOTN

by LainOTN

Alfus wrote:
Hope it will have all the Pioneer tech on the powermeter cranks ^^

Se que no sirve de nada, pero cuenta cuenta. :p

Unniti

by Unniti

Alfus wrote:
Wireless braking?

nooski

by nooski

Well mechanical levers that won't eat cables? Cassette made from better material and running on something stronger than carbon carrier? Cranks that won't crack and will use something from the future like 30 mm spindle? Electronic shifting without ancient technology like cables? Some usefull app that will work flawelesly? 12sp or even 13sp? /sarcasm

I already have some hits and my guess is we will see Ultegra at the same time or really close to D/A release. But right now I don't know much more. An actual release will probably take some time so don't hold your breath.
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

LainOTN

by LainOTN

nooski wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:09 pm
Well mechanical levers that won't eat cables? Cassette made from better material and running on something stronger than carbon carrier? Cranks that won't crack and will use something from the future like 30 mm spindle? Electronic shifting without ancient technology like cables? Some usefull app that will work flawelesly? 12sp or even 13sp? /sarcasm

I already have some hits and my guess is we will see Ultegra at the same time or really close to D/A release. But right now I don't know much more. An actual release will probably take some time so don't hold your breath.
30mm alluminium spindles are not better than 24mm steel spindles, you just don't want a soft material like aluminium rubing against hardened steel outer races of the ball bearing.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

LainOTN wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm
30mm alluminium spindles are not better than 24mm steel spindles, you just don't want a soft material like aluminium rubing against hardened steel outer races of the ball bearing.

Reduce the diameter of the spindle to 28.99mm and wedge plastic shims in between. I’m going to patent this idea.

Paulaneallen

by Paulaneallen

From shimano's weibo account. Notice the unusual tab above the only visible letter on shifter, which seems to be "D".
https://weibo.com/shimanoclub

slake21

by slake21

Paulaneallen wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:58 am
From shimano's weibo account. Notice the unusual tab above the only visible letter on shifter, which seems to be "D".
might be a new charging port :D

biwa

by biwa

Alfus wrote:
Could you at least indicate whether the port configruation (i.e. number of ports and locations) on the frame will stay the same for Di2 routing? We would absolutely hate to get a new frame/bike only to find port(s) redundant, or even worse, incompatible due to the new Di2 design 6-9 months later.. Put it another way, how strongly would you recommend against getting a new bike/frame now?

TerryDi2C

by TerryDi2C

Paulaneallen wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:58 am
Looks similar to this to me?

by Weenie