Page 73 of 133

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 pm
by icantaffordcycling
PoorInRichfield wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 pm
Could we bring this back on-topic, guys? Not sure how wheels pertain to the next generation of Di2. :noidea:
If they were 9200 it would essentially confirm a new freehub because of the mismatched set.

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 pm
by Weenie

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:04 am
by pdlpsher1
With bike racing restarted I haven't seen any published tech galleries. I know travel is difficult at the moment but it's disappointng to not see any new racing tech news.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk


Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 am
by Ride4Life
Shimano Dura Ace/Ultegra are money.

I don't mind the current setup and outside of going to 12 speed, the only thing I want is for them to work with Garmin and Assioma to allow them to use their pedal system.

12 speed and Dura Ace/Ultegra Assioma pedals....

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:17 am
by PoorInRichfield
icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 pm
If they were 9200 it would essentially confirm a new freehub because of the mismatched set.
Ok... carry-on then 8)

While I have no secret intel into Shimano's future, I can't imagine the next Dura-Ace hub will feature anything but the new "Micro Spline" freehub that's on the 12-speed XTR. It's backwards compatible with previous generation hubs so I can't imagine a new DA wheelset will really be an indicator of a new Di2. Once again, this is just speculation on my part based on no evidence, so...

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 am
by Ritxis
PoorInRichfield wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:16 pm
Could we bring this back on-topic, guys? Not sure how wheels pertain to the next generation of Di2. :noidea:
the thing about the ghost wheel (I still think she is a Corima) is partly related.....

if it were a new wheel from Shimano, it may indicate that some rider equipped with Shimano may already be testing a prototype or very advanced version of the new DA..............I would "watch over" riders from the Groupama-FDJ......

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:29 am
by bruno2000
Expect the first protorypes in the Vuelta or giro.
Delivery for the more mortals like us will take at least another year.

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 am
by bruno2000
xplaza wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:49 pm
Those look like unbranded Corima 32 WS+
Yes 100% correct.
they even use the Corima titanium quick relaese with carbon lever.
My big question is why only the front wheel?
The Corima wheels are way lighter than the Shimano C40 but only the front wheel will not change that much.

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 pm
by XCProMD
It's more fun when nobody actually expects anything :D (Keep calm, this is just old stuff I came across I had forgotten about)

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:31 pm
by Robius
bruno2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 am
xplaza wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:49 pm
Those look like unbranded Corima 32 WS+
Yes 100% correct.
they even use the Corima titanium quick relaese with carbon lever.
My big question is why only the front wheel?
The Corima wheels are way lighter than the Shimano C40 but only the front wheel will not change that much.
Front wheel is 115gr lighter that's much for Pros.

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:07 pm
by adilosnave
XCProMD wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 pm
It's more fun when nobody actually expects anything :D (Keep calm, this is just old stuff I came across I had forgotten about)
I'd forgotten about those!! Remember seeing Gerolsteiner testing out some of the first Di2 parts way back (2007, 2008?) and these brifters with LCD screens popped up. Still surprised they've never utilized the tops of the hoods that way.

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:17 pm
by XCProMD
It was crazy times, there was sort of a rush to bring something to the market for the sake of being first. Calling the result half arsed is perhaps being too tough to our former selves but I think 13 years later it is safe to say it another couple years of development would have given a better system. Still Shimano is making a buck on this so who cares?

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:59 pm
by Karvalo
bruno2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:29 am
Expect the first protorypes in the Vuelta or giro.
Delivery for the more mortals like us will take at least another year.
Maybe, though iirc team issue of 9100 was very slow. Practically none in the wild when it was announced and still predominantly 9000 being raced until after 9100 was shipping to consumers and manufacturers. I think.

Maybe that rollout was an anomaly, or maybe the new normal.

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:53 am
by micky
bruno2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 am
xplaza wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:49 pm
Those look like unbranded Corima 32 WS+
Yes 100% correct.
they even use the Corima titanium quick relaese with carbon lever.
My big question is why only the front wheel?
The Corima wheels are way lighter than the Shimano C40 but only the front wheel will not change that much.
Placebo effect can do wonders!

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 pm
by Alfus
bruno2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:29 am
Expect the first protorypes in the Vuelta or giro.
Delivery for the more mortals like us will take at least another year.
Image

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:22 pm
by ultimobici
Alfus wrote:
bruno2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:29 am
Expect the first protorypes in the Vuelta or giro.
Delivery for the more mortals like us will take at least another year.
Image
You must be pissing yourself laughing at the wild baseless assertions being made here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Next generation of Dura-Ace Di2

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:22 pm
by Weenie