Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hannawald

by hannawald

Information for those looking for aftermarket chainrings: Praxis Buzz 12 speed have the same offset as 11 speed, so if you want to correct the chainline for 12 speed Shimano you need to do it with BB spacers/moving your cranks. Carbon Ti EVO rings has new offset changed by 0.6mm. So they stayed somewhere inbetween 11 speed and 12 speed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

powpow

by powpow

Since this is my first time on an electronic groupset (and disc brakes) I need to ask a possibly dumb question: do I need to take special precautions when cleaning my bike? Or can I continue just to use a low pressure garden hose, soap and sponge on the entire thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

Thx for the info. I have Carbon-Ti previous gen chainrings and FD is at -19. So it appears that I need to add a .5mm spacer on the drive side.

Does this mean that I’ll have to balance both sides out? By adding 1mm spacer in the NDS?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

hannawald

by hannawald

kode54 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:44 pm
Thx for the info. I have Carbon-Ti previous gen chainrings and FD is at -19. So it appears that I need to add a .5mm spacer on the drive side.
Does this mean that I’ll have to balance both sides out? By adding 1mm spacer in the NDS?
With previous generation you probably need to add 1mm spacer on DS to offset it to Shimano specs, so you have correct chain line, although Carbon Ti believes 0.6mm is enough. Now it depends what you need to do with NDS - does your crank take aditional 1mm spacer on DS ok or you need to reduce that 1mm on NDS because your axle would be otherwise too short..? if you don´t have to touch NDS spacers, you just need to put 1mm pedal washer on NDS to have the same Q factor on both sides...or you can just change the position of your cleats accordingly (either reduce foot to frame distance by 1mm on DS or increase that 1mm on NDS - what´s better for you)

djel

by djel

I bought the new Ultegra groupset and I'm a bit surprised by the crankset weight. I used the 2021 ccache blog post as a reference and expected a crankset of approximately 674g, which is fair for the price. The 50-34 crankset I received is 712g on my scale, 5.6% heavier than expected. I realize now that I was looking at the previous generation Ultegra weights :oops:

I could sell the Ultegra crank and I have a Red GXP laying around that would fit the T47 BB shell.

- Ultegra crankset 712g
- Praxis T47 Shimano BB 120g
Total 832g

- Sram Red GXP crankset 593g
- T47 GXP BB ~100g
Total 693g but the Red chainrings are heavy and would need to be replaced the new Praxis 12 speed rings

or should I not bother and upgrade to Dura Ace when the availability & price are better?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

djel wrote:or should I not bother and upgrade to Dura Ace when the availability & price are better?
How long are you prepared to wait?!!

ricerocket

by ricerocket

pmprego wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:26 am

There is always some cleat adjustment that can be done to offset. Assuming he's not on the limit already.
Yeah I did pedal washer because I use these shoes on my trainer bike too, so staying symmetrical would be good.

I think it puts me net 149mm, which is still narrower than my trainer and gravel bike by 8mm.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

hannawald wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:12 pm

With previous generation you probably need to add 1mm spacer on DS to offset it to Shimano specs, so you have correct chain line, although Carbon Ti believes 0.6mm is enough. Now it depends what you need to do with NDS - does your crank take aditional 1mm spacer on DS ok or you need to reduce that 1mm on NDS because your axle would be otherwise too short..? if you don´t have to touch NDS spacers, you just need to put 1mm pedal washer on NDS to have the same Q factor on both sides...or you can just change the position of your cleats accordingly (either reduce foot to frame distance by 1mm on DS or increase that 1mm on NDS - what´s better for you)
Two things:
1. 1mm in chainline makes zero difference. When messing around with Q factor and R9100, I moved the chainline 5mm at one point and there was zero difference in shift quality. What you're talking about is adjusting for something that is smaller than the tolerances between bikes in front hanger and manufacturing tolerance of rear hub offset.
2. If you add a 1mm spacer to the DS, you'd need 2mm of pedal washers on the NDS to be centered again (to go from +1/-1 to +1/+1). Like the first point, this is purely theoretical anyway. If you measure 5 bikes, I bet 4 of them will already have the crankarms offset by 1mm relative to centerline of the bike.

ill principe

by ill principe

powpow wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:41 pm
Since this is my first time on an electronic groupset (and disc brakes) I need to ask a possibly dumb question: do I need to take special precautions when cleaning my bike? Or can I continue just to use a low pressure garden hose, soap and sponge on the entire thing?

You want to avoid contaminating the rotors and brake pads (with lube/oil). I still use sponge and car schampo on rotors but always before contact with any part of drivetrain (new sponge every wash). Have washed electronic groupsets w. garden hose since 2014 without any issues.
Current:
S-Works SL8 RTP (build in progress) | Diverge Comp Carbon

Retired:
S-Works SL7 | S-Works Venge | Ultimate CF SLX Mk IV | Ultimate CF SLX Mk III | S5 | R3 | Cento | ...

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Has anyone ridden the new DA 9200 wheels? What's the new freehub like? I haven't seen any mention of POE anywhere and I'm curious about that.

ooo

by ooo

xtr/xt/slx hubs/wheels with similar mechanisim list "max 7.0 deg." engagement
'

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

ooo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:02 pm
xtr/xt/slx hubs/wheels with similar mechanisim list "max 7.0 deg." engagement
Thanks. I knew that the 9200 DA wheels would have the same hub internals as XTR but I haven't been able to find much about them either. Perhaps they're simply not widely used or it could be that my google skills are not good enough.

gSporco

by gSporco

djel wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:59 pm
I bought the new Ultegra groupset and I'm a bit surprised by the crankset weight. I used the 2021 ccache blog post as a reference and expected a crankset of approximately 674g, which is fair for the price. The 50-34 crankset I received is 712g on my scale, 5.6% heavier than expected. I realize now that I was looking at the previous generation Ultegra weights :oops:

I could sell the Ultegra crank and I have a Red GXP laying around that would fit the T47 BB shell.

- Ultegra crankset 712g
- Praxis T47 Shimano BB 120g
Total 832g

- Sram Red GXP crankset 593g
- T47 GXP BB ~100g
Total 693g but the Red chainrings are heavy and would need to be replaced the new Praxis 12 speed rings

or should I not bother and upgrade to Dura Ace when the availability & price are better?
If you are looking as value to weight goring from Ultegra to DA 12 Crankset then your money is better spent else where. The DA crak is crazy expensive for what it is, You will pay close to $600 US to save 30 grams or so over the Ultegra Crank..

The best bang for your buck is the Praxis Zayante Carbon for $350 which is quoted to weigh 620g : 172.5 with 50/34
The second lightest option is using the Sram Red AXS crankset, the arms alone weight 335g on my 165mm, pair it with a Sigeyi or Quarq PM and DA rings

Obviously you can go boutique with THM or something with carbon ti for some $$$
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

andreas

by andreas

Is this red substance in the caliper joint supposed to be there on the Ultegra 8100-series calipers? Got it both front and rear.
Attachments
20220514_131911.jpg

kode54

by kode54

hannawald wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:44 pm
NDS crank arms come awfully close once spaced out without enough spindle length.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com