Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cemicar

by Cemicar

Speaking of XTR, any word from Shimano on why no Di2 yet? Nobody seems to care about the absence for that matter and perhaps that's the reason...

g32ecs

by g32ecs

raisinberry777 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 pm
g32ecs wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:30 pm
When does Shimano usually announce the DA groupsets or seen in the wild? During the Australian races?
For 9100 it started being spotted around January 2016, before a better leak in Taipei in March 2016 and then official announcement in June 2016. Timeline was similar with Dura Ace 9000 in 2012.

Expect similar here, but replace with 2020, I guess.
When were the new DAs available? Shortly after announcing?
Speaking of XTR, any word from Shimano on why no Di2 yet? Nobody seems to care about the absence for that matter and perhaps that's the reason...
Would be awesome

Honestly, the gear compensation function would work way better on the MTB. There's shorter variances in a MTB track with climbing and descending. It's very gradual on the road where you can just rely on shifting yourself

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

something about the fire in one of their factory which impacted certain parts servely, so XTR 12 speed was not avaliable for quite some time. may be also affect di2 launch?
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

There was talk of delaying/cancelling XTR 12 Di2 due to the massive uptake of 1xmechanical systems compared to the 11 speed mechanical version.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

I don't want to speculate what's happening with XTR DI2. But I'm certain shimano wants to take market share back with mechanical XT 12s. I hope upcoming new DA will be available to consumers soon after introduction, not 12 months after.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Aesthetics matter, having now seen multiple bikes in person with wireless SRAM setups, they're ugly, imo. Obviously that's personal preference, but I'll take the clean/miminal look of Shimano, even with the small wire. My next bike will have a fully integrated cockpit with di2.

TheRich

by TheRich

WorkonSunday wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm
sorry, i mean the rotors.
The standard front 180mm MTB rotors already have more mass and surface area than road rotors, so it may not be as crucial.

As far as XTR Di2 goes...I will never buy a road bike with mechanical shifting, but it's a total non issue with a 1x drivetrain. So maybe the demand just isn't there outside of a very niche gotta have the best of the best segment and ebikes that are already very expensive and have a battery already.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TheRich wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:02 pm
WorkonSunday wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm
sorry, i mean the rotors.
The standard front 180mm MTB rotors already have more mass and surface area than road rotors, so it may not be as crucial.

As far as XTR Di2 goes...I will never buy a road bike with mechanical shifting, but it's a total non issue with a 1x drivetrain. So maybe the demand just isn't there outside of a very niche gotta have the best of the best segment and ebikes that are already very expensive and have a battery already.
There is also a much higher risk to damage a rear derailleur in MTB than on the road, many don't want to ride a more expensive Di2 mech that they know they're likely to have to replace at some point.

Jugi

by Jugi

rollinslow wrote:I still can't get over the coin batteries in the etap shifters. Can throw that in the landfill along with the power meter and crank when you use it up.
Did I misunderstand, or do you actually throw away wrist watches, heart rate monitors, power meters, small remote controls etc. when the user-replaceable coin cell battery (which can be found in my nearest grocery store at least in my part of the planet) runs out?

I have two sets of eTap levers and a BlipBox. The levers have been used for at least two years (one pair for 400 hours during just this year) and the BlipBox has been on my TT bike for three seasons. I've only had to replace the BlipBox's battery once, and that's it.

I have a personal obsession about cutting anything extra off my bikes. If it doesn't have a purpose, the bike is better without it. I always cut wires and housings to the feasible minimum lengths etc. and can just about tolerate some extra length of Blip cables inside my TT bike's handlebars and extensions. I couldn't tolerate the thought of excessive lengths of cable running through the frame, as Di2 cables can't be cut to custom lengths. Or, well, they could be cut if one really wanted to do so, but that's quite a bit more complicated compared to mechanical systems.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

there are many cable lengths available in Di2 and they absolutely can be cut ... the are very basic cables.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TheRich

by TheRich

I'm trying to imagine a world in which I was worked up about the extra Di2 wire in my downtube...and trust me, there's quite a bit so I can pull the battery out with everything connected.

It's just not happening.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

TheRich wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:35 am
I'm trying to imagine a world in which I was worked up about the extra Di2 wire in my downtube...and trust me, there's quite a bit so I can pull the battery out with everything connected.

It's just not happening.

they are just grasping at straws basically....I still have an FD wire in my gravel bike since I went 1x.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Alfus

by Alfus

Spring ´21...

XCProMD

by XCProMD

That would be my impression too, based on their projects for new tooling

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Alfus wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:15 pm
Spring ´21...
Seems legit.
This was the main reason I went with Sram. Will be interesting to see what they eventually come out with. Of course, Sram will be on Gen2 by then.
Ride fast Take chances