Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Gosh I hope the rim brake non-wireless lever rumor isn't true.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tiz92

by tiz92

I would have no problems with wires. Its a one time install and forget as its now. I can understand that wireless seems much more modern and futureish but I personally dont have an issue with wires.

rob86

by rob86

Broady wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:10 pm
WorkonSunday wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:26 pm
too many "market share" related posts, didnt read all, so here's some may be old news. my dealer friend told me the official announcement is now pushed back to Sept and here's a weird one...rim version isnt wireless at all. only disc version is going down this semi-wireless path... what a strange decision.
Kinda makes sense, if you were running brake cables anyway, one small cable alongside isn't too much to worry about. It's mainly the fully integrated disc bikes where cable routing becomes an issue.
Dont get your point. Both disc and rim have brake cables... so one small cable alongside any brake cable that remains would not be an issue.

Broady

by Broady

rob86 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:46 am
Broady wrote:
WorkonSunday wrote:
too many "market share" related posts, didnt read all, so here's some may be old news. my dealer friend told me the official announcement is now pushed back to Sept and here's a weird one...rim version isnt wireless at all. only disc version is going down this semi-wireless path... what a strange decision.
Kinda makes sense, if you were running brake cables anyway, one small cable alongside isn't too much to worry about. It's mainly the fully integrated disc bikes where cable routing becomes an issue.
Dont get your point. Both disc and rim have brake cables... so one small cable alongside any brake cable that remains would not be an issue.
What I meant was that rim brake cables are far harder to hide compared to bendy hydraulic hoses which usually have to go through headtubes / bearings etc so it's one less thing to think about on an integrated cockpit where space can be an issue. You don't get many (if any) fully hidden rim brake cables.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:20 am
Gosh I hope the rim brake non-wireless lever rumor isn't true.
in the patents the rim brake levers were practically the same as the hydraulic ones

Broady

by Broady

Do we know if 9200 has a barend junction box or anything? Was it a charging port on the rear derailleur instead?

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Broady wrote:
WorkonSunday wrote:
Umm... not sure how this follows. Have you not noticed the hydro brake hoses on disc brake bikes?

Broady

by Broady

Yeah, they have to take a weird route through stems, bearings, headtubes etc (when integrated / hidden), admittedly this would be no issue for a Di2 cable but I'm guessing the thinking is that the less cables taking these routes the better, makes assembly a bit easier too I guess. Plus wireless is 'modern' and will help sell units.

I guess my point is - the less cables to mess about with on an integrated cockpit the better. There's less chance of a rim brake setup being ran through an integrated cockpit so you're already dealing with external brake cables and one small one won't make much difference. Obviously wireless would be nice even with rim brakes but if this is true I'm guessing Shimano have their reasons.

FWIW I have no issue with a cabled Di2 and will likely run the cable when I can get my hands on it, wireless isn't a big plus point for me.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

I don't think it has come up on here yet but I wonder if the new DA disc shifters will include servo-wave which is otherwise on GRX di2 shifters and XTR. I find it to be an awesome improvement IMO. Combined with XTR rotors it made my disc experience much better.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

mgrl

by mgrl

rollinslow wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:49 pm
I don't think it has come up on here yet but I wonder if the new DA disc shifters will include servo-wave which is otherwise on GRX di2 shifters and XTR. I find it to be an awesome improvement IMO. Combined with XTR rotors it made my disc experience much better.
DA9100 already uses servo wave

Ritxis

by Ritxis

rollinslow wrote:
Apparently with the change in the shape of the levers the hydraulic system is "improved" ...... from the photos seen, the piston of the caliper seems bigger

abonjour

by abonjour

mgrl wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:47 pm
rollinslow wrote:
Only the mechanical shifters I believe, not the di2 ones. It drove me crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't setup my dura ace di2 brakes the same as the ultegra (mechanical shift) versions on my CX bike until I found out about this... I agree it would be an awesome improvement to include this feature

rollinslow

by rollinslow

mgrl wrote:
rollinslow wrote:
Really? I was pretty sure it didn't since it came later via GRX di2
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

Alfus

by Alfus

mgrl wrote:
rollinslow wrote:
Only 9120, not the Di2 Versions

https://bike.shimano.com/en-US/technolo ... ction.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ooo

by ooo

older hydraulic di2 shifters ST-R785 also have servo-wave before ST-R9170/R8170
'