Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

25th.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

And don't be surprised if even the official Shimano sponsored teams (Ineos, DSM, BikeExchange, Jumbo, FDJ) still have riders on 11spd.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

ryanw wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:01 pm
25th.
Is this based on the expiration date shown on the NDA or do you have insider knowledge? In theory Shimano could release it at anytime before the NDA expiration date. Just wondering.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:39 am
And don't be surprised if even the official Shimano sponsored teams (Ineos, DSM, BikeExchange, Jumbo, FDJ) still have riders on 11spd.
Indeed. Remco is going to start the Giro on 11-speed. He'll have to adjust from having ridden the 12-speed 😁

uncle-gee

by uncle-gee

I've been waiting to see what Shimano should release for almost too long in order to make a decision between Shimano or Sram for my next group. I'm seriously running out of patience. Not to say that I was expecting something on March 23rd and nothing happened. Plus, in the meantime, Sram released the Rival group.

Hey Shimano! I'm so close to pull the trigger on a Sram group!

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

uncle-gee wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:26 am
I've been waiting to see what Shimano should release for almost too long in order to make a decision between Shimano or Sram for my next group. I'm seriously running out of patience. Not to say that I was expecting something on March 23rd and nothing happened. Plus, in the meantime, Sram released the Rival group.

I wouldn't.be shocked we got an anouncement fall.2021...with availability summer 2022.

snaxez

by snaxez

uncle-gee wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:26 am

Just buy Ultegra Di2 now, so you can ride and not stress about it. Then swap to 12speed next year.

LEC135

by LEC135

[quote=uncle-gee post_id=1673148 time=1620267977 user_id=5624

[/quote]

I really wanted Shimano but I've just ordered a bike with Force due to the wait. Getting the current Ultegra Di2 was another 3 months lead time and 12s Ultegra could be another 6 months again

caballero

by caballero

you guys aint getting next gen dura ace or ultegra until 2022 atleast. regardless if its shown this year....

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I am sure it will be very similar to the release timetable of DA 9100. A public announcement in late June, just before the TdF with some teams riding final pre-production prototypes at the Tour but actual full release of production components to ProTour teams in the Spring of 2022, with some teams still running some 9100 for a year or two after, just as happened with 9000. This will be followed by consumer availability trickling out over the winter and fuller availability in the Spring and Summer of 2022.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:42 am
I am sure it will be very similar to the release timetable of DA 9100. A public announcement in late June, just before the TdF with some teams riding final pre-production prototypes at the Tour but actual full release of production components to ProTour teams in the Spring of 2022, with some teams still running some 9100 for a year or two after, just as happened with 9000. This will be followed by consumer availability trickling out over the winter and fuller availability in the Spring and Summer of 2022.
caballero wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:38 am
you guys aint getting next gen dura ace or ultegra until 2022 atleast. regardless if its shown this year....
who affirms it with 100% security?..................What happened when the XTR / Xt of 12 speed was presented? in a short time there was some availability

It cannot be that Shimano is stored groups to "release" them as soon as they are presented......................

madik

by madik

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:42 am
There was no such a thing in last DA update. No team was running DA9100 in 2016 TdF. However its possible this year i think as Shimano is probably more ahead in a schedule for this year TdF than in the last release cycle. But I would bet more on a premier in Olympics for some selected Shimano sponsored WT teammembers (Bora, DQT, FDJ..)
Functionality > Performance > Weight

RDY

by RDY

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Really unlikely there are more than a handful of riders on it at the Tour. I'd be doubtful if any of the teams have all their riders on it until mid '22 earliest, unless availability is way better than expected.

Having all the pro riders on it achieves nothing except robbing OEMs / punters at retail of gruppos and parts, which will sell instantly with or without *any* pros showing it off in races.

Robius

by Robius

RDY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:52 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Really unlikely there are more than a handful of riders on it at the Tour. I'd be doubtful if any of the teams have all their riders on it until mid '22 earliest, unless availability is way better than expected.

Having all the pro riders on it achieves nothing except robbing OEMs / punters at retail of gruppos and parts, which will sell instantly with or without *any* pros showing it off in races.
I don't think "availability" would be a problem for Pro Teams. No matter what they'll be first to ride it when it's released.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

RDY

by RDY

Robius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 pm
RDY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:52 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:

I don't think "availability" would be a problem for Pro Teams. No matter what they'll be first to ride it when it's released.
Why? Shimano gains nothing extra from it. And riders won't care if it's 11 speed or 12 speed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com