Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:50 am
mapaha2810 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 am
You mean a P2M spider powermeter installed on an ALDHU carbon crankset, right?

How do I know whether the chainrings are 12s compatible? Isn't the width of the 12s chain the same as 11s?
Idd and that was my concern. I already asked Praxis support and it seems there 50/34 and smaller combos are compatible and they told me the 52/36 will become compatible somewhere in October.
That's the combo I'm eyeing for. The combo would be lighter the dura ace cranks also if I'm calculating correctly
I am currently building an Addict RC Pro and only the groupset is missing - but I am not in a hurry... so getting single parts instead of a whole groupset + the ALDHU carbon would be a great lightweight option. I could get a normal spider first and upgrade to a PM spider later - that would save some budget for DA levers etc. for now :D and should be lighter than the DA PM crankset

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:51 am
ryanw wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am
I'll be running my Quarq / Carbon-Ti 52/36 on mine.
How do there carbon ti rings shift ? Ok or very good 😊
Quark is also an option I'm looking into
Run perfect with the 12 speed XTR chain, so assume will be just as good, if not better with full 12 speed.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

ryanw wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 am
wickedstealthy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:51 am
ryanw wrote:
How do there carbon ti rings shift ? Ok or very good 😊
Quark is also an option I'm looking into
Run perfect with the 12 speed XTR chain, so assume will be just as good, if not better with full 12 speed.
Ah that's nice to hear. I'm quite wary about front rings as a skipped chain on the front caused a severe crash last year for me.

milanv

by milanv

ryanw wrote:
What bolts do you use? Original Carbon-Ti?
Thanks.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Yep
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

mapaha2810 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 am
You mean a P2M spider powermeter installed on an ALDHU carbon crankset, right?

How do I know whether the chainrings are 12s compatible? Isn't the width of the 12s chain the same as 11s?
Praxis has updated their listings and they are now including 12sp Shimano as compatible. Check out the Buzz Road page

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

cool likely my extralite rings are safe... because they work as well as the praxis I had before.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

jpeterson1012

by jpeterson1012

12s DA/UT is so underwhelming it's not even worth considering for most people who already have r8000/9100. I wonder if they solved their debonding cranks issue though, guess we'll find out.

bigger trim adjustment increments on the FD would be nice as well

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

jpeterson1012 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:53 pm
12s DA/UT is so underwhelming it's not even worth considering for most people who already have r8000/9100. I wonder if they solved their debonding cranks issue though, guess we'll find out.

bigger trim adjustment increments on the FD would be nice as well
It's a bigger jump than 9000 to 9100.

satanas

by satanas

Has anyone here actually seen any of the new hydro shift levers yet? The dealer manual seems to be suggesting that the number of ports can vary(!), and I'm trying to figure out of it's possible to have two sets of auxiliary shift buttons, for instance climbing and sprint shifters. (It might be possible to home brew something with two switches on one Y cable, but fine electrical soldering isn't something I have any practice with.)

Thanks!

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

satanas wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:49 pm
Has anyone here actually seen any of the new hydro shift levers yet? The dealer manual seems to be suggesting that the number of ports can vary(!), and I'm trying to figure out of it's possible to have two sets of auxiliary shift buttons, for instance climbing and sprint shifters. (It might be possible to home brew something with two switches on one Y cable, but fine electrical soldering isn't something I have any practice with.)

Thanks!
I don't think so. Shimano has redesigned the remote shifter connector and it can only fit over the connector specifically for the remote shifters. And there's only one remote shifter connector per shifter.

Each shifter has two wire ports built into it – one for remote shifter buttons (like their Climber’s buttons), and one for wiring them into the main Di2 battery (or an e-bike battery once those systems become available) if you wanted a fully wired system.

ms6073

by ms6073

Technically, with 9100, the remote/climbing shifters are stand alone shifter components which can be used independently of the Dura Ace or Ultegra shifters. So I would think that if using the R9200/R8100 shifters wirelessly, then assuming the shifters have one sprint port and one regualr port, seems like you would be able to use both sprint shifters as well as the remote/climber's shifters.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The male connector from the remote shifter won't fit into the female connector designed for the battery. The male connector has a square molding on it. I saw a pic. of it but can't remember where.

satanas

by satanas

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm
Technically, with 9100, the remote/climbing shifters are stand alone shifter components which can be used independently of the Dura Ace or Ultegra shifters. So I would think that if using the R9200/R8100 shifters wirelessly, then assuming the shifters have one sprint port and one regualr port, seems like you would be able to use both sprint shifters as well as the remote/climber's shifters.
^ You mean by connecting one set of the new remote shifters to the sprint port, and a set of older shifters to the etube port? I don't think that will work either as the etube connectors are different for 12 speed. This looks like one of those times where Shimano have made changes to prevent compatibility, like they do with road and XTR chainrings, or did with Di2 firmware to block using a mix of road and MTB derailleurs. :evil:

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

If you have reasons to complain, wire incompatibility isn't one of them. They are making adapters

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com