Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

Weight Dura ace 12s crank without powermeter vs rotor crank with power2max 4s-l powermeter
Attachments
AE0A544E-B017-4F06-903D-949EC1BFE1B4.jpeg
546F2705-1926-48D7-A697-29EF5AD15C3F.jpeg

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

Vjl wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:14 pm
Before everyone bails on the Cassette, make sure your cassette spacers are installed correctly.There are two different thicknesses, and it makes a difference where they are installed on the cassette.
I don't think it'll work at all if you mix them up, but I can't say that I've tried to intentionally get them wrong :).

The bike I have here was built and set up by Shimano EU, and does this overshift thing too. At some point I took the cassette off (to have a look at the 12-speed hub, and the cassette itself).

It performed the same after I put the cassette back on ;-)

As for whether or not you really notice it.. I didn't notice it at first.. the only thing I felt was that the chain did something strange. When I looked down it turned out to shift extra, and then immediately move back. When I knew what was happening, it was a lot harder to ignore ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevec1975

by stevec1975

TerryDi2C wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:52 pm
Vjl wrote:
Before everyone bails on the Cassette, make sure your cassette spacers are installed correctly.There are two different thicknesses, and it makes a difference where they are installed on the cassette.
I don't think it'll work at all if you mix them up, but I can't say that I've tried to intentionally get them wrong :).

The bike I have here was built and set up by Shimano EU, and does this overshift thing too. At some point I took the cassette off (to have a look at the 12-speed hub, and the cassette itself).

As for whether or not you really notice it.. I didn't notice it at first.. the only thing I felt was that the chain did something strange. When I looked down it turned out to shift extra, and then immediately move back. When I knew what was happening, it was a lot harder to ignore ;-)

Terry you mention that Shimano Europe setup your bike, I assume through your feedback or your website connections that they are aware of the issue/working on a fix?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Shimano is most likely aware of it. But due to typical Japanese corporate culture they surely won't acknowledge it 😁

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

stevec1975 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:23 pm
TerryDi2C wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:52 pm
Vjl wrote:

Terry you mention that Shimano Europe setup your bike, I assume through your feedback or your website connections that they are aware of the issue/working on a fix?
They gave me a Wilier Filante SLR with R9200 to take home about five weeks ago. I'm bringing it back to them Tuesday.

I have asked them about this shifting before, but they were on Christmas break then.
I'll ask when I bring back the bike :)

RDY

by RDY

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:30 pm
Shimano is most likely aware of it. But due to typical Japanese corporate culture they surely won't acknowledge it 😁
If we're lucky they roll out a silent production / design fix 12 months hence and refuse to acknowledge that they've done so or replace faulty cassettes.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

wickedstealthy wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 pm
Weight Dura ace 12s crank without powermeter vs rotor crank with power2max 4s-l powermeter
What chain ring is that? And is that the weight with bolts?

I was excited about Rotors carbon arms, but it's too bad their setup is still ~30g heavier than Red/Dzero. Wonder how light they could be if the axle was bonded on one side like most other brands.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:55 am
wickedstealthy wrote:

I was excited about Rotors carbon arms, but it's too bad their setup is still ~30g heavier than Red/Dzero. Wonder how light they could be if the axle was bonded on one side like most other brands.
I'm not sure if that's correct. It seems that the older red/quark where lighter but the newer versions not. At least I didn't see a full setup with the latest red/quark weighted
Bonding is nice but not very modular so it's a trade off which I gladly accept as I can simply swap the crank arms as I'm experimenting with shorter arms anyway.
Thm arms are lighter but if I see weight limits on essential parts then I skip like crank arms then I skip.

The pictures shown are the rotor rings which are as light or lighter then the new carbon ti rings and weight includes the bolts too ( you don't see them on the picture)

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Stop talking rubbish... :lol:
Attachments
DB6AF6B3-0BB8-494A-B936-D5511B864824.jpeg
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

e4rthm0ver

by e4rthm0ver

Is ultegra 11-30 cassette available anywhere in EU? I got everything else ready and waiting to be installed

mashiehood

by mashiehood

e4rthm0ver wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:13 pm
Is ultegra 11-30 cassette available anywhere in EU? ImageI got everything else ready and waiting to be installed
ive got a dura ace 11-30 for sale, DM me if interested...

gSporco

by gSporco

Is it a 100% confirmed that dfoir doesnt work with 9200/8100 rings? Is it doesn't fit or the curves dont match so looks ugly?
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

wickedstealthy wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:43 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:55 am
wickedstealthy wrote:

I'm not sure if that's correct. It seems that the older red/quark where lighter but the newer versions not. At least I didn't see a full setup with the latest red/quark weighted
Bonding is nice but not very modular so it's a trade off which I gladly accept as I can simply swap the crank arms as I'm experimenting with shorter arms anyway.
Thm arms are lighter but if I see weight limits on essential parts then I skip like crank arms then I skip.

The pictures shown are the rotor rings which are as light or lighter then the new carbon ti rings and weight includes the bolts too ( you don't see them on the picture)
What you're thinking of are the Quarq arms, which got heavier. They used to be as light as Red and are now Force equivalent. Or GXP which is heavier than DUB.

I got the Red DUB arms and my set is 602g with Praxis rings. If your chainrings are as light as CarbonTi, then that means the crank arms are even heavier.

e4rthm0ver

by e4rthm0ver

mashiehood wrote:
e4rthm0ver wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:13 pm
Is ultegra 11-30 cassette available anywhere in EU? ImageI got everything else ready and waiting to be installed
ive got a dura ace 11-30 for sale, DM me if interested...
Thanks. I managed to snatch ultegra from Bike24 today, all were gone in minutes Image

I will be fitting groupset to 2020 Specialized Roubaix with Rotor Aldhu crank + power2max PM + absoluteblack ovals.

Anyone running new group on AB ovals or I will be the first here?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ichobi

by ichobi

Sorry if this has been asked before,
Do we have a firm conclusion now which groupset is lighther - specifically,

The SRAM Red AXS with PM vs the 12spd Da Di2 with shimano owned PM?

I could see that since Red AXS crank with PM is quite lighter than DA chainset with PM, this makes them a bit equal in weight when include batteries and such.