Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

prof wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:34 pm
have a close look on seatpost SL7 and see the specific DI2 part..
and pherhaps you can imagin what will be diferent by new DA
Yeah got it, I was just messing around.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

stevej wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:47 pm
I'm in the market for a new bike in next couple months. If Shimano doesn't release something new, I'm going to end up going to SRAM AXS. DA 9070 has served me well since 2014 but I'm ready for less wires.
Just pulled the trigger on AXS today. Bye bye Shimano. Well, not really, it'll be a hand me down groupset.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 pm
stevej wrote:
I'm in the market for a new bike in next couple months. If Shimano doesn't release something new, I'm going to end up going to SRAM AXS. DA 9070 has served me well since 2014 but I'm ready for less wires.
Just pulled the trigger on AXS today. Bye bye Shimano. Well, not really, it'll be a hand me down groupset.
you really needed that 10T cog and smaller chainrings huh :) don't forget to pair it with a set of OSPW. big pulleys are more marginal gainz than big cogs.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

JMeinholdt wrote:
stevej wrote:
lol I'm not even a fan of SRAM but I like that you just went out and did it. Shimano is dragging their feet too much and getting left behind.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

FactoryMatt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:10 pm
JMeinholdt wrote:
stevej wrote:
you really needed that 10T cog and smaller chainrings huh :) don't forget to pair it with a set of OSPW. big pulleys are more marginal gainz than big cogs.
Not at all. But it'll be nice to have a decent app interface. And a wider gear range. I just have the mini group on order now. I'll probably go 48/35 and 10-33.

I had 11 speed eTap before my current Di2, so I'm perfectly comfortable with the shift quality and whatnot.

Realistically, I wouldn't have bought DA immediately, I would've waited a year or so for some of the newness to wear off and some deals to crop up. So if they drag their feet until early to mid 2021 it would've been a solid two years.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

Alfus

by Alfus

JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:39 pm
Alfus wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:10 pm
ipenguinking wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:06 pm
new DA in September for December delivery.

SHIMANO IS NOT GOING TO RELEASE THE DURA ACE THIS YEAR
Do you work for Shimano? No? Then your statement is no better than anyone else's and the caps and large font do nothing to make it so.

Post up your credentials if you want to add some substance to your statement.
I can´t..

Alfus

by Alfus

prof wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:34 pm
have a close look on seatpost SL7 and see the specific DI2 part..
and pherhaps you can imagin what will be diferent by new DA

gurk700

by gurk700

rollinslow wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:18 pm
JMeinholdt wrote:
stevej wrote:
lol I'm not even a fan of SRAM but I like that you just went out and did it. Shimano is dragging their feet too much and getting left behind.
I have a feeling Shimano is far from “left behind” as far as groupset sales go compared to SRAM but what do I know.

All I know is I’m never touching SRAM road groups again! Came back to Shimano and staying for good. 9100/9150/9170 is perfect minus their garbage e-tube app lol

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Alfus,

Just to confirm. Usually there's a lag between Shimano new product announcement and actual parts availability. Are you saying new D.A. won't be announced at all this year or will it be announced this year as some have said but won't be available until next year? Someone here said that Shimano has already made presentations to dealers. Why would Shimano annouce it to the dealers but not to the public until next year.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I think they made the presentation to bike manufacturers, not dealers. So bike companies, maybe wheel companies and such know what's coming and have time either to make stuff for/around it or plan their eventual model ranges. Publicly, for 2020 I think we can mostly just expect seeing spy shots on some pros' bikes, which usually happens months before an official announcement which happens months before part being actually available.

Enveboy

by Enveboy

First post so be kind :)

I liaised with a non-mainstream european bike manufacturer back in April who told me that their 2021 bikes will be ready at the same time as DA 12 speed. Had confirmation last week that the launch date for the 2021 bikes is 1st September, no reference to DA12 though.

I am chewing at the bit for a new bike but don't want to shell-out £9k for a bike for the same groupset that I already have.
Last edited by Enveboy on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ms6073

by ms6073

Alfus wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am
Nice. That also explains why the live images I have seen in reviews, either had a saddle bag covering the rear of the post or simply did not show the seat post clamp area from behind. Seems like one could invert the battery and use a 100 mm wire to tidy things up. Other than giving pro mechanics a way to access Di2 while handing out the window of a team car, I don't understand why the downtube is not the preferred location for the junction A.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

bet1216

by bet1216

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:33 pm
Alfus wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am
Nice. That also explains why the live images I have seen in reviews, either had a saddle bag covering the rear of the post or simply did not show the seat post clamp area from behind. Seems like one could invert the battery and use a 100 mm wire to tidy things up. Other than giving pro mechanics a way to access Di2 while handing out the window of a team car, I don't understand why the downtube is not the preferred location for the junction A.
In theory couldn't it streamline some of the wiring or be because it is semi wireless? For example run wire through the top tube to the battery to the derailleurs. Or semi wireless (no wires from shifters to derailleurs), with wires from the battery to the derailleurs only....you would still need a charging port for a battery in the seat post and it would sense to put it there. No insider knowledge here, just some good old hypothesizing :D

mrlobber

by mrlobber

bet1216 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:58 pm
In theory couldn't it streamline some of the wiring or be because it is semi wireless? For example run wire through the top tube to the battery to the derailleurs. Or semi wireless (no wires from shifters to derailleurs), with wires from the battery to the derailleurs only....you would still need a charging port for a battery in the seat post and it would sense to put it there. No insider knowledge here, just some good old hypothesizing :D
Would make sense in a semi wireless system where shifters are on coin batteries while derailleurs are connected with wires / main battery and control unit. In that case, there's absolutely no point putting the control unit on handlebars or in other places in front of the bike where you need like a meter of extra wiring... which leaves the seatpost as just about the perfect place, just as Specialized has implemented.

Again, hypothesizing only.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stoffa

by Stoffa

Alfus wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:00 am
JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:39 pm
Alfus wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:10 pm
ipenguinking wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:06 pm
new DA in September for December delivery.

SHIMANO IS NOT GOING TO RELEASE THE DURA ACE THIS YEAR
Do you work for Shimano? No? Then your statement is no better than anyone else's and the caps and large font do nothing to make it so.

Post up your credentials if you want to add some substance to your statement.
I can´t..
Tell me youre joking. I NEED a new DA this year Alfus. Make it so.