Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

slake21

by slake21

The Rides of Japan guy weighted the components

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Great news and bad news.....

Great: two groupsets to be delivered tomorrow to me.......
Bad: I don't actually have the frames I want to install them on.......
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

alexneumuller wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:32 pm

I might have the same problem in 2 months. I also need new wheels. I was told those new DA wheels won't be available until next summer.

slake21

by slake21

ipenguinking wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:35 pm
I might have the same problem in 2 months. I also need new wheels. I was told those new DA wheels won't be available until next summer.
German webshops had the new wheels for weeks

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

ipenguinking wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

Hm, are you hellbent on those wheels or can you imagine something else?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

wheelsONfire wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm
ipenguinking wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

Hm, are you hellbent on those wheels or can you imagine something else?
No but I do like their $2100 msrp in the US. Maybe I'll get a set of WTO for the build and covict the fashion violation?

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

ome rodriguez wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:05 pm
More photos
Would have preferred 52/36T, but this pandemic you don't get to choose.
What is the yellow part?

It looks like the complete kit comes with some tools (i.e. wire tool). If I order components separately, will they come with the parts? I don't need the cranks or rotors, so ordering separately makes more sense for me.

Also does anyone know if the RD includes the charger?

I'm trying to figure out what I need to order beyond components. I've never installed or serviced hydraulic brakes or electronic groups. I have all the tools to install mech Shimano parts.

Maddie

by Maddie

The yellow part is a piston blocker when you transport the bike without wheels or when you bleed the brakes. You need to remove brake pads and push the pistons back in order to get the blocker in place.

RD doesn't come with a charging cable. Which makes sense because if you need a spare RD you'd also get another cable that you don't need. The cable is less expensive than the old charger.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Maddie wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:45 am
The yellow part is a piston blocker when you transport the bike without wheels or when you bleed the brakes. You need to remove brake pads and push the pistons back in order to get the blocker in place.
Excuse my ignorance, I'm learning. I thought you just put the red one in when traveling, with pads in place. Why remove pads and use the yellow ones?

Maddie

by Maddie

Of course you can also use the red parts with the brake pads installed. I prefer to use the yellow blockers when I transport the bike, for instance in a plane. Because I like to do a quick bleeding and with the yellow part already in place, it's just ready for that. For a short transport, this of course is not really necessary.

phillyt1988

by phillyt1988

My local bike shop have just posted they have the groupo's in stock now: https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/compo ... /groupsets

stevec1975

by stevec1975

phillyt1988 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:58 pm
My local bike shop have just posted they have the groupo's in stock now: https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/compo ... /groupsets
Thanks so much for the heads up! just ordered, coming tomorrow!

I will be selling the crank (172.5 with 52/36 Rings) and the 2 x 140mm XTR Rotors, if anyone is interested.

ccparkhill

by ccparkhill

stevec1975 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:56 pm
I will be selling the crank (172.5 with 52/36 Rings) and the 2 x 140mm XTR Rotors, if anyone is interested.
I'd be interested in one of the rotors, am also in London.

thebikemanguy

by thebikemanguy

I'm pretty sure I've read that it works already in this thread, but just wanted to confirm that 11-speed cranks work with the 12 speed groupset?

ooo

by ooo

some (a few) shifters fails pair, this can be fixed with new di2 update:

https://api.shimano.com/etube/public/data/upload/published/E-tube_Proj_V_5_0_2.zip
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/e-tube/project.html

It has been confirmed that pairing the rear derailleur with the dual control lever fails for some units when the version of the firmware on ST-R9270/ST-R8170 is Ver. 4.0.2 or earlier.

If pairing fails, use one of the following applications to update the version of the firmware on ST-R9270/ST-R8170 to Ver. 4.0.3 or later.

* Follow the steps below to update the firmware using E-TUBE PROJECT Professional Ver.5.0.2 or later or E-TUBE PROJECT Cyclist Ver.5.0.2 or later.

E-TUBE PROJECT Professional

* Use SM-PCE02 to connect the dual control lever to your PC with a cable and update the firmware, then perform pairing.

* Customers who do not own SM-PCE02, contact your place of purchase or a distributor for assistance.

E-TUBE PROJECT Cyclist

* Connect the rear derailleur to the dual control lever with a cable and update the firmware, then perform paring.
it looks you can fix this with sm-pce02 in workshop or
you can try to use wireless app connected to battery + wired connection from battery to hydro shifter (extra di2 wire)
'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com