Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

ultimobici wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:59 pm
pmprego wrote: W.r.t. the crank are there any NON-power GXP option as an interesting alternative to the heavy shimano cranks?
Why on earth would you want a GXP crankset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What discodan quoted and because I have a recent cbear bb that I would like to put to good use.

riochang

by riochang

JOliver wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:29 pm
riochang, did you try to mount the DA chainrings to the clavicula crank ... will they fit? I was considering the same carbon ti evo / clavicula setup, but then saw your post about the decrease in performace. Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very helpful
i've already sold my clavicula + carbon-ti EVO 12s chainrings. Stock r9200 crankset is still superior in terms of upshifting, much less hesitation going small to big.
I am still searching for aftermarket solution that is lighter and shifts as good as stock, perhaps rotor aldhu? haven't heard anyone tried these on 12s yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tmanley

by tmanley

riochang wrote: I am still searching for aftermarket solution that is lighter and shifts as good as stock, perhaps rotor aldhu? haven't heard anyone tried these on 12s yet.
I’ll have feedback later this week on how the Rotor Aldhu’s work with 12s when I get my bike back from the shop.

maxima

by maxima

I've P2M, Rotor Aldu and also Sigyei. I use Orginal Dura Ace 12 speed chain rings and shifting was perfect. The Sigyei/P2M was fitted with Rotor Carbon Aldhu and Dura Ace Chain Rings --> that's my prefer choice for now. In anycase, all the Crank Base powermeter have updated their spider options and will fit the new 12 speed chain-rings and u can use whatever crank arm from Rotor.

tmanley wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:18 am
riochang wrote: I am still searching for aftermarket solution that is lighter and shifts as good as stock, perhaps rotor aldhu? haven't heard anyone tried these on 12s yet.
I’ll have feedback later this week on how the Rotor Aldhu’s work with 12s when I get my bike back from the shop.

ichobi

by ichobi

maxima wrote:I've P2M, Rotor Aldu and also Sigyei. I use Orginal Dura Ace 12 speed chain rings and shifting was perfect. The Sigyei/P2M was fitted with Rotor Carbon Aldhu and Dura Ace Chain Rings --> that's my prefer choice for now. In anycase, all the Crank Base powermeter have updated their spider options and will fit the new 12 speed chain-rings and u can use whatever crank arm from Rotor.

tmanley wrote:

Approximately how much your set up weight? This seems like a good compromise between weight, power, and cost.

Sigeyi / P2M spider
Da 12 chainrings
Rotor aldhu carbon arms

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

My Quarq, Praxis 50/34, and Red DUB 170mm is 602g including chainring bolts and battery.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

pmprego wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:23 am
- If one was to mix r8170 with r9200 components and trying to be very conscious of final price, what would be the end result that people here recommends?
I did exactly what you describe. You can look at measured component weights on R2, calculate the $/g for each upgrade, and compare to your budget tolerance. Long story short, the deraillers are the worst value, followed by levers.

What I did
DA: cassette, calipers, chain
Ultegra: derailleurs, levers
Other: crankset, rotors

pmprego

by pmprego

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:37 am
pmprego wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:23 am
- If one was to mix r8170 with r9200 components and trying to be very conscious of final price, what would be the end result that people here recommends?
I did exactly what you describe. You can look at measured component weights on R2, calculate the $/g for each upgrade, and compare to your budget tolerance. Long story short, the deraillers are the worst value, followed by levers.

What I did
DA: cassette, calipers, chain
Ultegra: derailleurs, levers
Other: crankset, rotors
Exactly the same conclusion for me. I did the spreadsheet.

jeffy

by jeffy

maxima wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:48 am
I've P2M, Rotor Aldu and also Sigyei. I use Orginal Dura Ace 12 speed chain rings and shifting was perfect. The Sigyei/P2M was fitted with Rotor Carbon Aldhu and Dura Ace Chain Rings --> that's my prefer choice for now. In anycase, all the Crank Base powermeter have updated their spider options and will fit the new 12 speed chain-rings and u can use whatever crank arm from Rotor.

tmanley wrote:

i was looking at this as well.

1 - did you have any issues with 12 speed shimano rings onto the 4bolt P2M or the 4 bolt Sigyei?

2 - how do you find the Sigyei performs in comparison to the P2Max (& which P2Max model do you have)?

mistap

by mistap

Hey folks. Any recomndations on disk brake pads for the new DA? Just replace with the same or is there any others to consider?

Vincentsmoox

by Vincentsmoox

riochang wrote:
JOliver wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:29 pm
riochang, did you try to mount the DA chainrings to the clavicula crank ... will they fit? I was considering the same carbon ti evo / clavicula setup, but then saw your post about the decrease in performace. Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very helpful
i've already sold my clavicula + carbon-ti EVO 12s chainrings. Stock r9200 crankset is still superior in terms of upshifting, much less hesitation going small to big.
I am still searching for aftermarket solution that is lighter and shifts as good as stock, perhaps rotor aldhu? haven't heard anyone tried these on 12s yet.
I use ultegra 12sp and rotor aldhu with rotor direct mount chainring on my tarmac sl6

Shifting not as good as stock, but useable. Little slow to catch big ring and I already got chain out once when descending and shift from small to big chainring on about 90-100rpm cadence

Little repositioning the fd and Fine till now.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

With the new E-tube cables having thinner plug ends on them, but with the diameter of the wire little changed, are the original Shimano grommets for frame openings still the ones to use with the new EW300 cables?

ricerocket

by ricerocket

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm
With the new E-tube cables having thinner plug ends on them, but with the diameter of the wire little changed, are the original Shimano grommets for frame openings still the ones to use with the new EW300 cables?
I installed mine w/ the old ones, the wires are nice and snug once the grommet is pushed into the frame. I feel pretty good about them not pulling out or getting tugged around, but there is a new part number for the new wire.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:06 pm
There's a new grommet with smaller opening but people here say the wire diameter is almost the same so the old grommets fit fine.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

I got my 9270-C50 warranty replacement installed at my LBS earlier today. The freehub on the original rear was making weird sound like something is lose inside. My mechanic called Shimano Thursday and the new wheel arrived Friday. (I'm in Southern California) Kudo to Shimano. It's all good now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com