Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ullmanz

by ullmanz

jayjay wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:46 am
Maddie wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:29 am
TerryDi2C wrote::O :O :O
Wow! I'm also very surprised by this
Shimano has to offer something comparable to SRAM Rival eTap
Isn't Ultegra Di2 basically at a similar price as SRAM Rival eTap? Just a lot lighter?
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

ullmanz wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:27 pm
Isn't Ultegra Di2 basically at a similar price as SRAM Rival eTap? Just a lot lighter?
Ha. No. And it's really not even close, to be honest. Rival AXS all-in is around $1200 for 2x. Ultegra Di2 is ~$2250.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

pmprego

by pmprego

JMeinholdt wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:03 pm
ullmanz wrote:
Ha. No. And it's really not even close, to be honest. Rival AXS all-in is around $1200 for 2x. Ultegra Di2 is ~$2250.
I dont see such a big difference but around 40% which is still significant imo

FatLadAtTheBack

by FatLadAtTheBack

ALS wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:06 pm
Alfus wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 am
ALS wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:58 am
I've heard there will be no mechanical 12s..Di2 ony
Where? :noidea:
The owner of my local (super high end bike shop), he gave me the 'low down' on what was coming back in April and he's so far been correct on what we've seen. I had explicitly asked about mechanical as I like it and I was disapointed to hear 11sp only (but was pleased to know rim brakes will be available)....I would be very happy if he was misinformed about mechanical.
This matches what a well-regarded shop told me recently, no 12 speed mechanical, only di2 is being updated to 12 speed.

tjvirden

by tjvirden

JMeinholdt wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:03 pm
ullmanz wrote:
Yeah, one thing you'll have to take into account is that the US sees the biggest price differential between SRAM and Shimano of any major market. Now, there's not too much an individual can do about it, so it matters; but in many places there's no significant difference between AXS Rival and Ultegra Di2.

it will be interesting indeed to see both starting price for R9200 and one year later; I really hope there's some difference!

Ritxis

by Ritxis

rd92xx2.png
rd92xx.png
Date, November 2020

tjvirden

by tjvirden

FatLadAtTheBack wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:23 pm
ALS wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:06 pm
Alfus wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 am
ALS wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:58 am
I've heard there will be no mechanical 12s..Di2 ony
Where? :noidea:
The owner of my local (super high end bike shop), he gave me the 'low down' on what was coming back in April and he's so far been correct on what we've seen. I had explicitly asked about mechanical as I like it and I was disapointed to hear 11sp only (but was pleased to know rim brakes will be available)....I would be very happy if he was misinformed about mechanical.
This matches what a well-regarded shop told me recently, no 12 speed mechanical, only di2 is being updated to 12 speed.
Let's wait and see!
:wink:

kode54

by kode54

Ritxis wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:31 pm
rd92xx2.png
rd92xx.png

Date, November 2020
Another proprietary connector. More $$
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Eurobike is September 1st a good time to announce something.

Alfus

by Alfus

We post this picture here months ago...

caballero

by caballero

I heard from a builder here in Japan today who was also a Shimano prototype tester in the past and well connected with Shimano.

He only makes rim brake steel frames, for electronic or mechanical.

He was happy as he had just been told there will be a rim brake group, but it will come with a few concessions.

It will use the previous gen shifters and the brakes will not be updated.
This is the reason for the wireless/wired option.
It will be 12 speed and share all other parts.

Only the hydraulic shifters will be wireless.

No more mechanical Dura ace.

jlok

by jlok

caballero wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:01 am
I heard from a builder here in Japan today who was also a Shimano prototype tester in the past and well connected with Shimano.

He only makes rim brake steel frames, for electronic or mechanical.

He was happy as he had just been told there will be a rim brake group, but it will come with a few concessions.

It will use the previous gen shifters and the brakes will not be updated.
This is the reason for the wireless/wired option.
It will be 12 speed and share all other parts.

Only the hydraulic shifters will be wireless.

No more mechanical Dura ace.
With that, do you think Shimano would allow the use of current disc brake shifters with 12-speed FD/RD?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

caballero

by caballero

It technically should work as the functionality of the 2 are the same.

He didn't mention. As I said he relies on rim brakes as part of his identity and his bikes and being an old school builder is not into discs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

satanas

by satanas

I've been half expecting 92xx to be Di2 only, so am not surprised this appears to be the case, though perhaps a little disappointed. So far everything else seems to be sensible apart from the cassette teeth; I'm hoping there will be more than two ratios available, though the spy pics out there certainly confirm 11-30 is as posted here. For me, the gap between 21 & 24T would be a problem, but then one isn't forced to upgrade from 11 speed.

However, I am slightly surprised that there have been no rumours so far of 1x, as I would expect that both triathletes and time triallists might prefer that. Maybe it will be an option, but it's just that nobody has specced it on any of the leaked bikes we've seen so far(?).

As for everything else, once the groupset(s) are announced - maybe at Eurobike, where Shimano have booked a stand - they should update all the specification documents at si.shimano.com at which point we can all stop guessing. (We've heard absolutely nothing here in Australia, as usual.)