Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otnemem

by otnemem

So, any stores accepting pre-order of 170mm groupsets?

jbott

by jbott

Does anyone else think it's odd we haven't seen all pro teams using 9200 immedialy after the Eurobike release?

Does this speak to the true unavailabilty of the new DA?

Is it just too late in the season to issue new groups to the teams?

I was surprised to see Peter Sagan racing on 9100 this week in the Tour of Slovakia. Would have figured at least he could get his hands on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ooo

by ooo

Peter Sagan prefer to race Parix Roubaix on mechanical shifting to avoid accidental electronic mishifting

It makes no sense for him to use 12s electronic R9270 on other races two weeks before doing P-R on 11s mechanical R9120
'

Ritxis

by Ritxis

jbott wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:26 pm
Does anyone else think it's odd we haven't seen all pro teams using 9200 immedialy after the Eurobike release?

I was surprised to see Peter Sagan racing on 9100 this week in the Tour of Slovakia. Would have figured at least he could get his hands on it.
Ineos must have received about 50 groups (rim or disc brake :noidea: ) It is assumed that other teams with direct sponsorship also

I suppose that if they do not ride by the end of the season it will be for the next,

here in Spain some stores have already received some components due to some error in Holland

bas

by bas

jbott wrote:

No massive benefit to upgrade and logistically difficult, especially this late in the season.
Id imagine they will roll it out at winter training camps once they have enough stock of all spares.

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

satanas wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:51 am
ms6073 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm
Technically, with 9100, the remote/climbing shifters are stand alone shifter components which can be used independently of the Dura Ace or Ultegra shifters. So I would think that if using the R9200/R8100 shifters wirelessly, then assuming the shifters have one sprint port and one regualr port, seems like you would be able to use both sprint shifters as well as the remote/climber's shifters.
^ You mean by connecting one set of the new remote shifters to the sprint port, and a set of older shifters to the etube port? I don't think that will work either as the etube connectors are different for 12 speed. This looks like one of those times where Shimano have made changes to prevent compatibility, like they do with road and XTR chainrings, or did with Di2 firmware to block using a mix of road and MTB derailleurs. :evil:
This is exactly why SW-R9150 got the update "Adapted for new DURA-ACE R9200 Series and ULTEGRA R8100 Series." - so that those that want to run 4 satellite shifters, can :).
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/e-tube/p ... l=SW-R9150

You would connect the SW-RS801 (new) satellite/sprint shifters to the dedicated sprint shifter port and then connect SW-R9150 to the EW-SD300 port using the EW-AD305 adapter and a short EW-SD300 wire.
Sure, it's ugly.. but if you want to have four satellite shifters with 12 speed, that's what you need to do. My guess is that not a lot of people will though :).

pmprego

by pmprego

TerryDi2C wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:17 am
satanas wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:51 am
ms6073 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:52 pm
Technically, with 9100, the remote/climbing shifters are stand alone shifter components which can be used independently of the Dura Ace or Ultegra shifters. So I would think that if using the R9200/R8100 shifters wirelessly, then assuming the shifters have one sprint port and one regualr port, seems like you would be able to use both sprint shifters as well as the remote/climber's shifters.
^ You mean by connecting one set of the new remote shifters to the sprint port, and a set of older shifters to the etube port? I don't think that will work either as the etube connectors are different for 12 speed. This looks like one of those times where Shimano have made changes to prevent compatibility, like they do with road and XTR chainrings, or did with Di2 firmware to block using a mix of road and MTB derailleurs. :evil:
This is exactly why SW-R9150 got the update "Adapted for new DURA-ACE R9200 Series and ULTEGRA R8100 Series." - so that those that want to run 4 satellite shifters, can :).
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/e-tube/p ... l=SW-R9150

You would connect the SW-RS801 (new) satellite/sprint shifters to the dedicated sprint shifter port and then connect SW-R9150 to the EW-SD300 port using the EW-AD305 adapter and a short EW-SD300 wire.
Sure, it's ugly.. but if you want to have four satellite shifters with 12 speed, that's what you need to do. My guess is that not a lot of people will though :).
I wonder how trying to cater to everyone's needs affetcs final price and design. I get that is nice not to be constrained in choices but that also means everyone ends paying that extra bit for something they'll not need.

Cemicar

by Cemicar

jbott wrote:
I'd not say it's only you but might be only those who have started following the cycling scene lately.

It's just very normal for pro teams. 9100 was announced in June 2016, but even in early 2017 (Tour Down Under) only Team Sky used R9150.

satanas

by satanas

TerryDi2C wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:17 am
Thanks Terry! :thumbup:

Re pro teams: Given global demand for everything cycling I wouldn't expect to see much 9200 in the wild before the Northern spring next year. I suppose some teams might have it for the TDU, but while that's a reasonably big deal here in Oz I suspect it barely registers anywhere else. Makes more sense to me to eke out a bit more mileage from the old stuff then start afresh once back home. We'll find out in due course.

ullmanz

by ullmanz

Hey guys, just to reiterate on the topic of chainrings. Could I use a 11 speed crankset with a 12 speed cassette and chain?
I thought it was possible, but a bike shop I talked to stated the opposite.
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

eric01

by eric01

Not unusual at all for pro teams to delay the transition until next racing season. Logistics of rebuilding bikes, spare parts, etc... ever see one of those 'peek inside proteam service course' articles? pro teams have a LOT of kit. switching everything over to a new group mid season is a lot of effort and risk.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Alfus

by Alfus

ullmanz wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:19 am
Hey guys, just to reiterate on the topic of chainrings. Could I use a 11 speed crankset with a 12 speed cassette and chain?
I thought it was possible, but a bike shop I talked to stated the opposite.
Cause they want to sell you also the cranckset,,, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mike1

by Mike1

Here's the cranks I'll be using with my 9200 groupset with it arrives.
Power2max with Easton EC90SL cranks and Carbon Ti rings.
643g all up.
Over 100g lighter than the 9200pm cranks and about $300Au cheaper so I'm happy with that

Factor Ostro VAM - 6.67kg
Open U.P w/ Ekar - 7.2kg
Canyon Ultimate EVO Disc - 6.17kg (retired)

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

What I'll be using with mine :thumbup:
Attachments
A3C4ABDC-384E-4231-95B8-D75D34E6DD64.jpeg
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com