Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Roel W wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:27 pm

The group set is embargoed until the 15th -> New Dura Ace?

Yes, it’s the new Dura-Ace, now shipping with low-end SRAM Centerline disc rotors.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roel W

by Roel W

Roel W wrote:
Well, we have 11 groups on the way and these bikes surely won’t last long. So fortune favors the brave who deposit before they know what exactly it is. Hell we all know how hard it is to get parts right now, so here’s your chance.
On the way = not yet delivered = not yet mounted = picture from another bike with a SRAM Rival groupset

Could be a new Rival, could be a new Dura-Ace, could be a new Veloce, Centaur,...

Addict15

by Addict15

You can see the corner of an etap battery and the front derailleur has the same button and shaping as sram axs. I'm curious how heavy it will be :D

ms6073

by ms6073

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Roel W wrote:
Yes, it’s the new Dura-Ace, now shipping with low-end SRAM Centerline disc rotors.
Fixed it for you. :lol:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Ritxis

by Ritxis

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm
Roel W wrote:

you can "cheat" to deceive ...... it is mounted with discs of another brand and "laugh" at the opinions ........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

js

by js

Has anyone been able to confirm if the new groupset still uses the direct-mount style RD? I ask because it's a pretty nice set-up, one which came to road from the MTB world, but they went away from it in the latest generation of MTB groupsets. I'm hoping that sticks around.

ms6073

by ms6073

I got the impression that the 'direct mount' concept was never really adopted on the scale Shimano had hoped. While the term direct mount fell by the wayside for the new 12-spd MTB rear derailleurs, the derailleur design is basically the same thing but now works better with standard hangers.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:04 pm
I got the impression that the 'direct mount' concept was never really adopted on the scale Shimano had hoped. While the term direct mount fell by the wayside for the new 12-spd MTB rear derailleurs, the derailleur design is basically the same thing but now works better with standard hangers.
Shimano kind of integrated the DM linkage into the RD, making it a more solid setup.

treyxt

by treyxt

Do you all expect the new ultegra di2 12sp to have the same price in terms of bike that come with it vs current gen udi2 prices
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

FrederickVCyclestein

by FrederickVCyclestein

treyxt wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:17 pm
Do you all expect the new ultegra di2 12sp to have the same price in terms of bike that come with it vs current gen udi2 prices
Bike prices in general seem to be trending upward. Looking back at previous generations recommended retail prices from Shimano they don't seem to increase substantially unless the features change. Some of the r7000 parts were even cheaper than the r5800 parts.

milanv

by milanv

treyxt wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:17 pm
All prices of bike components are increasing day by day related to the demand, the same price is sci-fi...

LegPower

by LegPower

Sram Rival AXS will be $1700 with power meter (spindle based, left only). Will be interested in seeing how Shimano responds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDY

by RDY

LegPower wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:39 am
Sram Rival AXS will be $1700 with power meter (spindle based, left only). Will be interested in seeing how Shimano responds.

Bit weird to offer it left only.

But as I've previously said, I think Shimano will be offering a whole package as far as PMs are concerned. They're highly likely to have Pioneer derived GPS head units, which will no doubt have unique metrics available when paired with DA / UT power meters.

pmprego

by pmprego

RDY wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:52 pm
LegPower wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:39 am

Bit weird to offer it left only.

But as I've previously said, I think Shimano will be offering a whole package as far as PMs are concerned. They're highly likely to have Pioneer derived GPS head units, which will no doubt have unique metrics available when paired with DA / UT power meters.
What kind of metric do you have in mind to make a powermeter unique?

It gives you power, perhaps left/right measures. Apart from that is any type of measure that would make one person lean towards one or the other? Or would it rather be availability, longevity, price, reliability, customer service?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pmprego wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:58 pm

What kind of metric do you have in mind to make a powermeter unique?

It gives you power, perhaps left/right measures. Apart from that is any type of measure that would make one person lean towards one or the other? Or would it rather be availability, longevity, price, reliability, customer service?

Pioneer has its own proprietary “cycling dynamics” that can visualize force vector/direction. It’s somewhat unique in the industry.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com