Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

usr

by usr

tjvirden wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm
This is on the Shimano North America "News" page.....nothing revolutionary (picture of an R9270 hub), but who can spot the obvious oddity?!

https://bike.shimano.com/content/produc ... 155752.png
The curiously invisible Pinarello logo? I might even sense a tiny union jack that has its blue panels outlined green, but it's probably an artifact of the jpeg compression.

Jokes aside, I imagine that some people at Shimano get a very special kind of work satisfaction knowing that they are building super rare oddities.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ooo

by ooo

12-speed road and mtb hubs uses new "direct engagement" (downgraded scylence FH)
XT hub audio samples (first sample silent/non-silent 50/50, second sample mostly silent):

'

tjvirden

by tjvirden

Addict15 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:24 am
Why wouldn’t they just drill a few less holes for some of the rims? I doubt shimano moulds their nipple holes into the rim like enve
I'm sure you're right about the nipple holes not being moulded, but given that the availability of the tub wheels is going to be tiny it seems most likely, to me, that they'll just reuse the old rims - tooling for rims (and framesets for that matter) is quite a large investment.

Edit: well, I'm wrong on this: it appears to be a new tubular rim as well....

cberg

by cberg

Canyon Ultimate CFR can be ordered with 9200 now with delivery in November. Price seems to be the same as before but without a power meter

BruceCarnevale

by BruceCarnevale

Does anyone yet know if the 12-speed Shimano cassette spacing is close enough to Campy's or SRAM's so that, once again, we could swap our wheels as was the case with 11-speed?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Sram needs a special chain, Campagnolo might work.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Or to install on our trainer so the Campagnolo 12 will work.

BruceCarnevale

by BruceCarnevale

I am aware of the SRAM chain "issue," but as some here have reported using the Campy cassette and chain with SRAM AXS derailleurs, I wondered how compatible all three could be - I have eTap on my Crisp and would only change to AXS if I didn't have to change the rest of the drivetrain, including freewheel body and that cassette with the 10-tooth cog.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

jadedaid wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Looking at the pre-order prices, the PM packages are really expensive. I'd rather just get a Quarq, would there be anything preventing me from getting a Quarq PM and compatible chain rings?
Why not just get a rotor crank with carbon arms, p2max pwm and praxis rings ? The 50/34 is already compatible with the dura ace 12 speed and the other size rings will be around October. Lighter overal package and p2max is bomb proof

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

TheDoctor wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:13 pm
Sleeprequired wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:42 pm
TheDoctor wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:06 am
To put things into perspective - rolling resistance aside, 100gr system weight make a whopping 0.3W difference when riding up a 6% slope at 20km/hr for example (and that's pretty fast for most people). A "porky" aero bike with say an Ultegra disc group at 8.5kg will need ~6W extra compared to a 6.8kg bike at that incline and speed.
On steep slopes, say 15% and 10km/hr (which is a harder effort than the above example), 100gr makes 0.4W difference. You'd basically be gaining that with integrated cables alone.

Still like my bikes light though... :wink:
Haha I weigh 25 kg more than my mate and he seems waaaaay quicker up the hills.

Please explain :smartass:
You don't put out the same W/kg :lol:
Agreed lol. I wanted your analysis on just how much 'help' he's getting because I'm nice enough to eat too much for him so he can win.

At 6% and 12% if you will kind sir.

What a top bloke I am.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

wickedstealthy wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am
jadedaid wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Looking at the pre-order prices, the PM packages are really expensive. I'd rather just get a Quarq, would there be anything preventing me from getting a Quarq PM and compatible chain rings?
Why not just get a rotor crank with carbon arms, p2max pwm and praxis rings ? The 50/34 is already compatible with the dura ace 12 speed and the other size rings will be around October. Lighter overal package and p2max is bomb proof
This would be a great combo

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

You mean a P2M spider powermeter installed on an ALDHU carbon crankset, right?

How do I know whether the chainrings are 12s compatible? Isn't the width of the 12s chain the same as 11s?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I'll be running my Quarq / Carbon-Ti 52/36 on mine.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

mapaha2810 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 am
You mean a P2M spider powermeter installed on an ALDHU carbon crankset, right?

How do I know whether the chainrings are 12s compatible? Isn't the width of the 12s chain the same as 11s?
Idd and that was my concern. I already asked Praxis support and it seems there 50/34 and smaller combos are compatible and they told me the 52/36 will become compatible somewhere in October.
That's the combo I'm eyeing for. The combo would be lighter the dura ace cranks also if I'm calculating correctly

Personally I'm running rotor, praxis power2max already for many years. Never an issue. And more important the p2max are very reliable contrary to many others who seem to be finicky (dc rainmaker)

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

ryanw wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am
I'll be running my Quarq / Carbon-Ti 52/36 on mine.
How do there carbon ti rings shift ? Ok or very good 😊
Quark is also an option I'm looking into

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com