Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jadedaid

by jadedaid

C36 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:27 pm
jadedaid wrote:For those of us who fly with the bike frequently, wireless is easier as I just unclip the batteries and I'm done. It's more of a hassle with Di2.
Can you elaborate? Flying with the bike few times a year and I have issues with the bar (having to remove it)... not with the di2
Depending where you fly (or maybe who you fly with), you may have restrictions on batteries in checked luggage. With the battery placement on etap/axs removing the battery is trivial compared to di2. I don't want to give the TSA and their foreign equivalents any more reason to unpack the bikebox than they already have, so batteries always come off :)

Broady

by Broady

Di2 batteries are always fine for flying if you check the small print.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cemicar

by Cemicar

I believe most of the airlines allow us to bring our bikes with the batteries as a checked baggage to the cargo space.

The Di2 battery contains just 3.7Wh, far much less than the 100 watt hours limit TSA defines.
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-scr ... ess-device

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Rotor Chainring with Shimano FD doing their best SRAM impression at the Giro
pimpandhost index of upload image share
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Shimano chainring ramps + tooth profiles are the best by far. SRAM and Praxis...bout the same. No experience with recent Campy. Rotor is garbage.

slake21

by slake21

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm
-
and that's related to new DA... how??

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

jadedaid wrote:
C36 wrote:
jadedaid wrote:For those of us who fly with the bike frequently, wireless is easier as I just unclip the batteries and I'm done. It's more of a hassle with Di2.
Can you elaborate? Flying with the bike few times a year and I have issues with the bar (having to remove it)... not with the di2
Depending where you fly (or maybe who you fly with), you may have restrictions on batteries in checked luggage. With the battery placement on etap/axs removing the battery is trivial compared to di2. I don't want to give the TSA and their foreign equivalents any more reason to unpack the bikebox than they already have, so batteries always come off :)
Having flown extensively with both EPS & Di2, I have never had any issues with batteries. CO2 is another matter though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

slake21 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 am
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 pm
-
and that's related to new DA... how??
I asked myself the same thing before posting this. But then I found around 50 mentions of "Bauke Mollema" in this thread so I thought to myself "this fits just right!" :thumbup: :lol:
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Dura Ace and Ultegra 12sp launch in September, Ultegra will have powermeter crank

RDY

by RDY

robbosmans wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:35 pm
Dura Ace and Ultegra 12sp launch in September, Ultegra will have powermeter crank
Guy I spoke to previously still says no change to NDA embargo ... expiration still in June.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

RDY wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Guy I spoke to previously still says no change to NDA embargo ... expiration still in June.

Yep, that's the last I've heard. Realistically most 2022 bikes with those groups will only be trickling out by the start of September anyway. That's been the case for most TdF-based announcements, not just Shimano's.

bobinthai

by bobinthai

ultimobici wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:12 am
jadedaid wrote:
C36 wrote:
Having flown extensively with both EPS & Di2, I have never had any issues with batteries. CO2 is another matter though!

IATA dangerous goods regs - and policed by the FAA in the U.S. - allow these rated Lithium batteries as carry on items only. NOT checked. Was easier with the DI2 external battery....

cpac54

by cpac54

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:45 am
RDY wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Yep, that's the last I've heard. Realistically most 2022 bikes with those groups will only be trickling out by the start of September anyway. That's been the case for most TdF-based announcements, not just Shimano's.
September can't come soon enough! :)

LainOTN

by LainOTN

bobinthai wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 am
ultimobici wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:12 am
jadedaid wrote:
C36 wrote:

IATA dangerous goods regs - and policed by the FAA in the U.S. - allow these rated Lithium batteries as carry on items only. NOT checked. Was easier with the DI2 external battery....
All airlines states that less than 100Wh batteries can be checked as long as they are not removed from the equipment (spares must be on hand baggage)

(From British Airways)
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/in ... strictions

Batteries of up to 100Wh as used in mobile phones, laptops, digital cameras etc.
In hand baggage
Kept in the device
Max. 4 spares per person (incl. power banks) kept in original packaging or insulated/protected from contact with metal
Lithium metal batteries must not exceed 2g lithium content and lithium ion batteries must not exceed 100Wh
Important note: If your hand baggage is checked in or removed at the gate and placed in the hold, you must remove all spare batteries and power banks and carry them with you in the cabin.

In checked baggage
Kept in the device
No spares

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

One small advantage of semi wireless is not having 2 cables to buy.

The must be made of unicorn yarn because Shimano wants 35 Euros for a 100mm length.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com